Time to return to basics… My Whole30 begins tomorrow!

Lynnefair

I am starting my Whole30 tomorrow!  I did a Whole45 in spring 2013 and couldn't get over how great I felt.  Unfortunately, I visited family out of state immediately after and did not do a proper reintroduction.  So, while I benefited from the 45 days while I was following the rules, I didn't get to benefit from finding out just what foods were not my friends.  This time I intend to get the most from the entire process. 

Just returned from a beach vacation with my family where way too much of everything unhealthy was ingested!  I look forward to the end of this week when I turn the corner to the wonderful sleep and ever increasing energy!  

Encouraging words and suggestions are always welcome!

Lynne

Today:  Tired, headache, irritable :angry:  - ready for a change!

Six days down and doing well.  As with the first time around, the first 4 days had me wiped out - my workout on day 3 was brutal!  No energy at all.    But, I have to say the past couple of nights I have slept like I haven't slept in forever and my mind is so much clearer.  My energy is starting to return - yay! I spent yesterday prepping food and freezing it for easy fix meals.  I am motivated to knock out tons on my to do list!

Hooray me!  

Lynne

The sleep is the amazing thing for me also. I think it all starts there. Before you know it your up at dawn cooking and getting things done when you would normally be fighting the snooze. Congrats on the first 6 days

Wow!  Last night was night 7 and I spent the day working my butt off (if only literally!!) and when the day came to a close, I wanted a glass of wine so badly!!! :unsure:  I had this little battle in my head and ultimately decided that I was just over tired and falling back to my old ways.   Then I took it a step further (this battle in my head) and determined that I like the way I am feeling and sleeping right now somewhat more than I enjoy a glass of wine and made a treat for myself of an apple with some almond butter w/cinnamon.  Got me through the "crisis" ;) . 

Now for week 2 of my adventure!

Thanks for the support.

L.

Archived