Wedding to go to

SimoneB

This week - when I will be on the 6th day of my whole30 I have a wedding to attend. Not only do I need to go there but I also need to photograph there. On the one hand that is a good thing as it will keep me busy but on the other hand; when I am tired I am afraid I might give in to temptations..

I'm not so much afraid for the weddingcake but the dinner is going to be a challenge... Any tips for dealing with weddings in particular? It's really not an option to bring food. The couple (also friends) will be insulted if we do! But I also don't want to jeopardize my whole30...

Is it too late to contact the caterer now and request a special meal?  That's what I usually do for weddings to which I'm invited  (if I didn't have an option for a special meal on the reply card) - doesn't involve the wedding couple at all.

Otherwise, you can eat a compliant meal beforehand. That way, worst case scenario, if there's nothing at the wedding that's compliant, at least you won't be starving.

This is what I'd do... don't know if it'll work for you... I'd bring snacks in my purse to munch when I could get away with it.  At dinner I'd take small servings (if it's a buffet) and kind of push it around the plate for an appropriate time so it looks I ate something if anyone is paying attention (but no one will be).  I'd go in with the mindset that I wasn't going to eat anything that I didn't bring.

Is it too late to contact the caterer now and request a special meal?  That's what I usually do for weddings to which I'm invited  (if I didn't have an option for a special meal on the reply card) - doesn't involve the wedding couple at all.

Otherwise, you can eat a compliant meal beforehand. That way, worst case scenario, if there's nothing at the wedding that's compliant, at least you won't be starving.

Welll, the issue is that the wedding is far away, so we're sleeping close to the location the night before and since I'll be shooting the wedding I'll be there from 7.30 am to late at night.

But it's a good idea to contact the restaurant where we're having dinner. That might still be on time.

I will eat something compliant in the morning but it's gonna be a long day!

Also a good idea to put some snacks in my bag Sarabeth5. It's gonna be scorching hot that day too, so I might just survive on lots and lots of water! :)

• 1 month later...

The compliant meal for SimoneB beforehand will likely be breakfast...

I'm photographing a wedding today, and I'm currently eating my breakfast (it's 7.30am here in Scotland). There will be no other opportunity for me eat until 6pm this evening and then I'm usually reliant on the hotel/caterers. Have packed my own food to eat, but I probably WILL be starving by around 3pm.....

Archived