Random things I have learned from Whole 30 since I started.....2 days ago!!! haha

Twilightfirefly

1. When they tell you to clean out your pantry and fridge, I now know why! (Okay, I know first and foremost is to get rid of all of the bad stuff/temptations, etc).  But I also realized the reason you need to clear it out is....because IT IS GOING TO BE STUFFED TO OVERFLOWING WITH MEAT, FRUIT, AND PRODUCE!!!  Sheesh!  I can barely get anything else in, unless I move the lettuce, beets container, garlic, etc. etc.  It will be nice when I make a good dent in this.  But then again, shopping at Costco doesn't help this particular problem!  I think this is a good problem to have :)

2.  I have cooked more in the past two days than in the past week!  So far, its cool, but never being big into cooking, we will see if I grow to love it...or not.

3. The dishes!  Oh my, the dishes!!  They are never-ending!  I'm not used to cooking breakfast and lunch, so its a big change!

4. I'm having weird random cravings.  Of course, the sugar ones.  But also ,off-the-wall ones.  Like today, I had a huge craving for cornbread.  Not the sweet kind; the healthy-ish kind my mom made.  So odd.  Not sure where that came from.  I have never been a big bread person, so I know that's not it.  Hmmm.

5. My Raley's is newly remodeled and carries everything!!  From organic, grass-fed meat, to free-range, organic chicken, to kombucha, to coconut aminos, to *almost* everything else.  Thank goodness, since TJ's is 25 min. away, Sprouts - 35, and Whole Foods?  Who knows.But its nice to see how much they carry when you're really looking for it!

6.  I really want to step on my scale.  In the past, I would weigh myself maybe once a week, no big deal.  But now, I feel so good - already, I want on the scale.  Maybe because a) I kind of prepped and ate pretty good for the few days leading up to my start, and B) drinking tons of water helps too!  I don't feel bloated from food for the first time in months!

7. Prepping - This really is the key, isn't it?!  It is so much harder to prep for eating well.  The big conglomerations sure have made eating bad easy, huh?  I am already learning that leftovers are going to help me out a lot here.  :)

Okay, that's what I have!  Anyone else have anything to share? :)

I totally understand! I had another grocery trip to Raley's tonight and got home and told my hubby how beautiful our fridge looked stuffed with so much produce and berries. And yes, dishes... oh my. I just unloaded the dishwasher after dinner and it's about full again. I'm not used to cooking a real breakfast and making so many dishes in the morning. Thankfully tomorrow morning's breakfast will be tonight's dinner, so no extra dishes to clean!

I honestly don't know how I'd do Whole30 without a dishwasher.  We always made breakfast, but never ate so much for lunch/dinner, and never used to use so many pots/pans.  And, since water intake is up, even with re-using glasses, SO MANY GLASSES.

If I had to wash all these dishes every day by hand, I'd go nuts.  As it is, we run the dishwasher every day.  Maybe twice, if we use the food processor or mixing bowls for a "fancier" meal.

I am on Day 6, and the dishes DON'T STOP. Everyday though, I feel just a little more like some kind of warrior,...turns out eating real food is awesome! Although I have been dreaming WEIRD. One night, I dreamed I drank a whole gallon of SPOILED milk, and then ate a lemon cake. The next night I dreamed I ate a pound cake and I craved it the whole next day, and i don't even like pound cake hahaha....

You are so lucky to have a TJ's so close...closest one to me is over an hour away :(

Haha - I have heard about the weird food dreams.  Haven't had any yet, though yours sound pretty interesting!  I actually do most of my shopping at Raleys, which carries a lot of the things I need to buy. We also have a tiny health food store in town - think I will check that out next.  Do you have a health food store?

Starting tomorrow and am planning to keep it as simple as possible (handful of organic greens from a clamshell and 4-6 oz of meat grilled the day before). Sooooooo easy for me to get overwhelmed by cooking and thinking about food!

Sooo many dishes WOW, yes. I am only on day 2 and I'm just like depressed... and I want food to cure my sadness (that's my problem and one of the many reasons I should be doing this, I know). It's just hard.. No headache. Just nausea and feeling bummed. Also realized my smoked salmon I've been using for breakfast has evaporated cane sugar. So out that one goes and on to the next. 

Archived