Tricky toilet troubles

I'm on Day 8 – feeling pretty proud of myself – only I'm having some tricky toilet troubles. Everything worked as normal for the first couple of days, but on Day 3 at about 4am I woke up and had to rush to the bathroom! I've had intermittent (sorry) diarrhoea since then with a couple of panics in the early morning hours, and some during the day.

I'm eating well – no supplements or enzymes, though – just Whole30 approved foods. I'm just started occasionally taking an OTC med to help (Immodium) and have cut down a little on the fats... Any advice on how to stop it? I'm worried this is how it's going to be til the bitter end... 

FYI: I'm doing the Whole30 for IBS symptoms, and to see if sugar affects moods/anxiety. 

Cheers! (and sorry for the tricky subject!)

• Moderators

Your body is adjusting to changes and apparently you are getting the diarrhea symptom. I find that toilet troubles tend to clear up soon after I begin taking meds, but I don't think you will suffer all 30 days regardless. 

To help, you might want to add probiotic rich foods to what you are eating at least once per day - sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha. The stuff with live cultures that is sold from the refrigerated section of stores. This can provoke some issues temporarily, but over the long run improves your digestion. I had diarrhea for about 4 days after I started drinking a bottle of kombucha daily. That was several years ago and I still drink my kombucha every day. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 46 and have had this problem almost since day 1. I started taking digestive enzymes, but that really didn't work either. My meals are all well balanced with protein, veggies and some fruit. Not much snacking, only if exercising. Last night I did some investigating and have realized that my body does not digest avocado oil. So now I will be switching permanently to coconut oil. Hopefully this may help someone else that may be having the same issue.

I am on Day 12 and this is happening to me, too.  in addition, my stomach is super gurgly almost all the time and I feel pretty bloated. Haven't cheated a bit, diet is varied, mostly plant based with lean protein and some fruit. Any ideas about how to deal with this would be very appreciated! thanks

Archived