Starting July 21

Jules1022

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my second Whole 30. I did one a year ago and it was amazing. I lost 15 pounds. But I have slacked of on my eating for a while, and now I'm on a medication that's making me gain weight, so I am ready to get back on track!

So, I've been reducing my carbs / sugars / grains for a couple of weeks now ... not perfectly but in preparation (and while doing my research) for a fully committed start ... on the 21st.

Am I the only person in Paris/France doing this? Do you know how difficult it is to walk past bakeries / patisseries?

My wife and I begin in the morning. With a couple of toddlers and lots of extra curricular activity I'm cautiously optimistic. She has thyroid issues that complicate some of our vegetable decisions. We went shopping tonight and I was amazed at the quantity of foods that involved either soy or sugar. Our cupboards have never been more bare but our fridge is overflowing with fresh eats.

This is my first time. I am starting tomorrow, July 21st. Myself, my husband and my 4 kids still at home will be doing this together!

(Ages 5-18)

They are actually excited about it too!

Did massive grocery shopping and cleaned out pantry and fridge today!

I am SUPER thrilled to have found this.

It just feels SO right.

Hey everyone! I'm starting today too, which didn't feel "legit" until I'm typing this now. And by legit, I mean terrifying. I've tried a few times before but haven't made it far into the Whole30 while keeping the spirit of it. I'm really excited to see if following the tough love rules can help me overcome my complicated relationship with food and with my weight.

So far, I'm glad I'm on the forums for support from the start. Should be an adventure and I'm glad to have company along the way :)

I started today too. I made it through (so far). It was tough.

I have the flu so my co-worker brought a huge box of chocolates in to cheer me up. I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't eat them so I opened them up and watched everyone else devour them.

I've just had chilli con carne with cauliflower rice for dinner and now telling myself I don't need dessert. I think the dessert habit is going to be one of the hardest to break! I'll have a cup of tea & a few cherries to tide me over. 

Good luck for day 1 everyone :)

It starts today, for so many of us. I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon the whole30, but my wife and I discussed it and agreed to start August 1. After reading It Starts With Food from cover to cover, I realized I didn't want to wait. We went and stocked our fridge yesterday, and today it begins. Frexcited is exactly the right word for this.

Hi all - also starting a new Day 1 today as I had a W30 fail yesterday... 2nd one this month, and both times have been on days I've had long runs for my half marathon training. I have to pay attention to fueling for this more closely.

The good news is that my original goal was to do a W50 before my birthday next month - I can still do a W30 by my birthday, but need to stay vigilant! I will then have a glass of wine on my birthday and jump right back into this healthier way of eating, because even with my missteps, I'm feeling a lot better. When I complete this, it will be my 2nd full W30.

Good luck to all.

Hello everyone! I am starting today too! I did some food prep yesterday to get me through day 1. Monday's are my grocery shopping day, and I have my shopping list all set to go. This is my first Whole30, but due to thyroid issues and intestinal permeability, I have been avoiding gluten and dairy for sometime now. Last week I cut out night shades and I skipped grains at breakfast yesterday morning. I have a feeling I will need the AIP (autoimmune protocol), but going to get through my first Whole30 and see how it goes. Good luck to you! I am glad there is a post started for accountability, motivation, etc. :-)

Hi everyone, This is my first day as well (and first post!).  Cleaned out my fridge and pantry yesterday and did a ton of shopping.  Prepped food yesterday and had a big fail with paleo mayo fro the WellFed cookbook!  I'll have to try that again tonight:) 

I am starting on the 21st too.  I have breakfast (Meal 1) under my belt and have packed a great lunch.

In reading labels in my fridge and pantry to prepare for today, I am amazed at how many items contain sugar.  Even my tube of minced garlic had sugar in it!

I hope that everyone has successfully made it through their first day  :)

This is my third W30. My last was in January and I managed to keep fairly paleo for three or four months after that, but I've been eating rubbish since then. Thus, another W30 to get myself back on track.

I think my biggest struggle this go is that I'm on a month-long course starting next Monday so will need to be a lot more organised with food shopping and meal prep than I generally am.  I usually go food shopping at least two or three times a week as our fridge isn't big enough to hold a week's shopping.

My husband is eating mostly W30 for the month, but including dairy.  It's good to have the support, but a lot more work for me as well.

Archived