July 30 Commit to 30 days

socrkx

I commit to starting my 30 days on July 30. Currently I am reading the book It Starts with Food so I completely understand the program. I also ordered the cookbook Well Fed, which is beautiful and filled with great tips. I am trying out meals and will follow her suggestions for the Sunday meal prep. Purchased my containers in anticipation. My greatest concern is my coffee, I know it sounds silly but I during a triple grande nonfat latte everyday, that is my vice. I know I can do it!

Why July 30? Well, I turn 50 on July 25 and have a vacation planned, in the tips section of the Whole. 30 page it suggested waiting until this is over. I will spend all my time up to that point preparing my house and my mind for success. I am very excited!

So,as suggested in the tips, I am putting myself out there in a public forum with my start date. I have discussed my plan with my husband and am looking forward to the results! I will weigh and post a before picture on July 30.

I would start weening yourself off of the latte now too. Do you think you can drink your coffee black or with coconut or almond milk? Maybe start with weening yourself off the extra shots and then go to an Americano with room that you can then add milk too and then start dropping the milk. It took me a few weeks but I happily drink my coffee black now and I used to be a regular latte girl myself.

I got a latte every day too.  Black coffee???  BLECH!!!  Canned coconut milk?  BLECH!!!!  I went cold turkey on day 1 of my last Whole30 and started drinking coffee with coconut milk.  Love it now!  I actually had a latte a couple weeks ago, exactly how I used to order it and Latte?  BLECH!!!  haha  I now PREFER it with just the coconut milk.  And if there's no coconut milk, I just drink it black. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived