weekly cookups - how many cauliflowers do you grate at once?

rollo

it's just me, and i find that i'm going through a lot of cauliflower rice.

i'd like to know how many cauliflower heads people are processing / grating at one time - see what others are doing.

thanks!

Rollo

I tend to grate what I need for that particular meal. Normally that would mean roughly half a head of cauliflower. The rest I keep in one piece for next time. I kind of feel it's stays fresher that way longer... Haven't thought about freezing it grated though... :)

Throw it in the food processor raw. I'm doing two heads of cauli at a time. Divide up into portions and put straight in the freezer. When I decide I need some take it out of the freezer and throw it straight into the pan for cooking / defrosting.

Took me a couple of go-rounds with W30 to realise that was the only way I was going to be able to keep up with my cauli consumption and general laziness.

Semolina and 35angels - so you grate and freeze the raw grated cauliflower?

that's great!  that means i can 2-3 cauliflowers on a weekend and not have to do anymore until the following weekend.

thanks!

Rollo

Ahh...cook up Sunday.  :)  I use my food processor to rice 1-2 heads of cauliflower and roast it immediately (roasting with coconut oil and salt gives it the best flavor/texture combo for me).  I store it in the fridge and reheat for meals all week.  I find that 1 head is enough if it's just me eating it as a side for meals throughout the week, and two is necessary if I also have a dinner (like a curry) planned that warrants it's own batch and my husband will want some.  

I use 1 head and put it thru the food processor to make the rice.  Then I sautee some carrots and mushrooms (w coconut oil) in a frying pan, once cooked add in the rice.  I then `fry`it up until the rice is the correct texture.

My husband and I can get 3 meals (6 servings total) from this. It keeps in the fridge for days (its always gone within 3 or 4 days).

Throw it in the food processor raw. I'm doing two heads of cauli at a time. Divide up into portions and put straight in the freezer. When I decide I need some take it out of the freezer and throw it straight into the pan for cooking / defrosting.

Took me a couple of go-rounds with W30 to realise that was the only way I was going to be able to keep up with my cauli consumption and general laziness.

This

Once I got a good food processor this is the only way to go!

Ahh...cook up Sunday.   :)  I use my food processor to rice 1-2 heads of cauliflower and roast it immediately (roasting with coconut oil and salt gives it the best flavor/texture combo for me).  

Oh yum. I haven't prepared it this way yet. 

Archived