Abby's Reintroduction

healthyAbby

I finished my whole 30, I felt amazing, and I decided to start my reintroduction yesterday on day 31. I am following the plan outlined on the step 2 reintroduction page of the whole30 website. I will post my successes in another post.

Yesterday I reintroduced legumes: as a mid morning snack I had a banana with peanut butter (justin's honey peanut butter). For lunch I had chickpeas and kidney beans on my salad, and I had a late snack of carrots and hummus and compliant hotdog. 

Things I noticed were:

• that I felt like I was more bloated than normal. 
  • The next day (today) I experienced some constipation. 
  • I was more easily overwhelmed and frustrated at work, it was more difficult to stay calm and collected. 

I think that beans are not going to be a frequent visitor in my new lifestyle. I look forward to finding out what other problems might arise with my new diet. 

• Moderators

Alcohol probably deserves its own day for reintroduction. The sadness people feel when they notice how badly alcohol treats them should not be distracted by wondering if anything else was responsible. 

Yep.  Give it its own day.  And do wine separate from hard alcohol.  Wine makes me sleepy, super flushed, sore throat and feeling yucky the next day.  Even half a glass.  It's so sad!  Hard alcohol, on the other hand, is just fine.  Assuming I drink like a 40 yr old mother of 2 and not like a frat boy, of course.  :P

I did diary yesterday, although I did sort of start dairy a little early since I went to a really good frozen yogurt place and they didn't have any great flavors in the freezer chest, so I tried the flavors they had.

The "reactions" I noticed were intense tiredness the next day. I felt hungry most of the day, had a slight queasy-ness, noticed some minor allergy symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes). I didn't have/haven't noticed too many digestive symptoms. I do think that dairy alone is different from dairy +sugar. I had a Mexican salad with sour cream and I didn't notice anything bad, but then I had the frozen yogurt and I felt sleepy/queasy with itchy eyes etc. I think when I'm done with reintroductions I'll do dairy again but not in the form of ice cream/ froyo. And then I'll see if that is only dairy or the sugar

I feel really crummy today. I have joint pains, and stomach cramps/bloating. Is this a delayed reaction to the dairy? Ugh.. I think I may have to wait out reintroducing either gluten or non gluten grains past tuesday (not sure I'll feel normal by then). 

I'm feeling really good today, it's amazing how easy it's getting back into the whole30 swing of things. My ears aren't itchy anymore and my digestive system is starting to normalize. I'm thinking I may actually be allergic to milk and that may explain my frequent ear infections as a child and now (age 22). I don't think I'll ever have dairy again. And that's kinda sad

Gluten=breakouts :( and it's not just those little white heads, It's the deep painful ones that you feel obligated to pop because you think it'll feel better but it doesn't :/ literally my skin that was flawless this morning is all broken out :(

Update: now my sinuses are clearly inflamed, I can feel them pushing down on my teeth. I've had the itchiest eyes ever. This is seriously not fun. I'm in a bad mood cause this hurts. I've taken my zyrtec but it's nit helping. Iwish I'd done non gluten grains today. I think I'll need a week to get over this. Any suggestions for me? Should I bother calling my dr about this?

With my hormones/stress currently out of wack a little bit from the busy odd work week (including going to some houses I did not feel 100% comfortable in) I made the decision to share a plate of nachos while out to dinner with my boyfriend last night. I also had a margarita, and we shared a piece of key lime pie as dessert after. My choice was neither good nor bad, I actually feel pretty good about it. I know that the itchy watery eyes I experienced last night were due to the dairy and the general fog feeling is due to the combo I'm sure. I have some little white head pimples and those can be attributed to the dairy as well.  I'm going to continue on with whole30 eating to the best of my ability while at home and try to make the smartest choices I can while out. I may try to start with whole30 on august 1 (officially) or I may try continuing this.

I'm wondering if maybe I should start supplementing with natural calm magnesium? Maybe that will help with my stress levels, and everything? or would epsom salt baths do the same thing?

Any input is appreciated and thanked! 

Archived