Transitioning from 6 meals/day to 3 meals/day

Hello, 

I am on day 4 of the program.  Before I started I would eat 6 small meals/day.  I notice now that when I eat a meal I get full before I can finish the targeted amount that is part of the Whole30 guidelines.  However, in 3 hours or less I am starving again.  What is the best way to overcome this so I am just eating 3 meals/day.

Additionally, is it possible to stop eating when full and finish the rest when I get hungry later?  Or is that a no no?

Additionally, is it possible to stop eating when full and finish the rest when I get hungry later?  Or is that a no no?

This is actually a good strategy when transitioning from multiple meals to 3. You will adjust; just keep going. And be sure that you're having the minimum amount of fats, since this stretches out the time between meals.

Fat.

It's the secret to W30 success. Make sure you get plenty at every meal. That way you can easily go for hours between meals. Before the W30 I had no idea and thought that I was just a ravenously hungry person, however much I ate. Now if I don't eat enough fat at a meal I know it because I'm hungry far too soon. And it has to be better for you to eat a nutritious meal three times a day and then STOP THINKING ABOUT FOOD for five or six hours because your body is satisfied. It's hard to believe it though, after all we've been taught about fat in our previous lives.

I too am having a hard time just eating 3 meals. I started July 1st so I am in the home stretch. I can tell by my pants I have not lost one pound (im at least 100 lbs overweight) but thats ok because this isnt really about weight loss for me at this point. I do think I have a diseased gallbladder as that pain has not subsided although symtems are less.  I do plan to redo the 30 as I have not been able to control my eating. I am getting plenty of fat. I have not slipped or cheated, however I do feel that early on I may have eaten something that was forbidden due to not ready ingrediants or knowing ingrediants of what I was eating. There has been no increased energy save the fact I have no afternoon slump. I think it may just take more time for the hormones that are most likely resistant to get back on track. I love this program and now that I have gone through the food withdrawals (far worse than quitting smoking!!) I'm not at all interested in ever going through that again.

Archived