Meal 1 veggies

Every meal should follow the meal plan so yes veggies in the a.m. There are lots of ways to get them in. Most mornings I make a frittata or omelet with various veggies in it. You can also do a sweet potato hash with veggies, or zucchini "latke" to get in some veggies. You also don't have to eat traditional breakfast for dinner. Sometimes breakfast is great for dinner and dinner is great for breakfast.

I can't eat ordinary vegetables but I find roasted veggies much easier to manage. Roasted tomatoes with sautéed mushrooms and some eggs feels very breakfast. I'm currently enjoying pan fried asparagus with some eggs (for some reason doesn't feel too vegetably!). I also get on well with hash made with sweet potato and courgette grated together, served with poached eggs.

I can also manage salad with smoked salmon and avocado.

I had a week last year when all I had in the house was cabbage and carrots. Now those, I just couldn't eat in the morning.

So -- experiment. Try something that doesn't sound revolting. Good luck!

I cube & roast some sweet potatoes once a week and that's usually my breakfast veggies. I eat them with over easy eggs & chicken apple sausage.  Sometimes I make a frittata or an egg scramble with veggies in it too. My favorite frittata is tomatoes, black olives, green onions and red peppers served with avocado & salsa. Spinach & tomato is good too!

• Moderators

I have been having cold sauerkraut with scrambled eggs as my breakfast for about the past 6 months. I usually get tired of something after this long, but I love sauerkraut (or kimchi) with eggs.

Archived