Nursing mothers and Whole30

I need help from other nursing moms out there. I'm on day three of Whole30 and I am STARVED!! I'm eating all the time, and can feel my stomach can't hold anymore but I feel ravenous. Am I just really weird or are there other nursing moms out there going through the same thing? And do you know if this diet causes a detox that could negatively affect the milk my baby gets? Please help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on day 15 of my whole30.  My milk supply has decreased drastically since starting my whole30. I am also ALWAYS hungry and feel like I eat all of the time. Have you come up with anything that has worked for you that is fast and easy to eat. I teach and while I do have to eat while teaching (a pretty sight) I need something that I can just pop in my mouth with no utencils. I eat a lot of nuts, but I feel like I am becoming addicted to them. Any other thoughts??

Sip on compliant coconut milk throughout the day.

Eat a bare minimum of four full template meals per day. 

Eat starchy carbs at every meal.

Eat more fat than you consider morally right. :lol:

And eat.  Did I mention to eat?  Eat.

I remember being ravenous when nursing my twins, it was full meals every 90 minutes minimum for a long time.  That was before Whole30, but I remember lots and lots of fat and carbs, and don't forget the protein.

Nuts can be tricky because they don't necessarily trigger satiety feelings, but if that's your best option, eat up.

I am having the same issue, I'm on day 4 and nursing my 3.5 month old. From everything I've read olives and coconut milk are great options but I can't stomach either, what do I do? I can put coconut milk in my food and it tastes great but can't drink it straight without gagging. And I have always dispised olives. I have been eating nuts and seeds, fruits and veggies with nut butter but apparently these are not good choices. My milk supply has dropped, my baby is eating all the time, waking up at night when she was sleeping before and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I am having the same issue, I'm on day 4 and nursing my 3.5 month old. From everything I've read olives and coconut milk are great options but I can't stomach either, what do I do? I can put coconut milk in my food and it tastes great but can't drink it straight without gagging. And I have always dispised olives. I have been eating nuts and seeds, fruits and veggies with nut butter but apparently these are not good choices. My milk supply has dropped, my baby is eating all the time, waking up at night when she was sleeping before and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I addressed this in another thread.

Archived