Need some new ideas for pre-workout meal

Anyone awake yet? During the week, I'm up early and out the door at 5:45 for a 6:00 workout. Usually I have a hard boiled egg, as it's the easiest thing to eat when there's limited time. Anyone have suggestions for a few other things to put in the mix? Ideally, anything I can "grab & go."

Also, what should a pre-workout meal consist of: just protein or protein + carbs? In my pre-Paleo life, I always thought a banana was the ideal pre-workout snack.

Thanks!

A handful of macadamia nuts is good and tasty. I workout at that same time and have usually been up an hour before, so I have not yet started eating pre-workout. ISWF recommends it, but I'm not so sure my body would appreciate it. I would like to try coconut butter first thing. I'll see how that goes tomorrow AM.

I'm usually up at 5am so I understand the need for something before a workout cause my classes are at 5.45am, I usually don't have anything too heavy otherwise I feel sick I try and eat some raw nuts before I leave then afterwards I have done sautéed apple sweet potato and chicken or egg and kale depends what's in the fridge.

Archived