For all those milky coffee lovers

Hi all,

today is the start of my week 3 on the Whole30. I normally have 1 cup of milky coffee  a day (with rice or soya milk) and I tried my usual cup with a big helping of coconut milk on week 1 and... hated it!

BUT today I tried the following and it was gorgeous: I made my normal serving of coffee in my cafetiere, but added a pinch of cinnamon and pure cocoa. Once that was brewed I poured it into my blender, added a bit of fresh vanilla (from vanilla pods), a big helping of coconut milk and blended it twice, for less than a minute. Not only did I have some froth on the coffee, but it was also super delicious!!! Just wanted to share that with you guys and I will certainly have another cup tomorrow morning.

Anke

Anke!

Your timing couldn't be more perfect!  I've been missing my coffee (I also use soy milk, pre-whole30) and didn't care for just adding coconut milk!  I'll give it a try tomorrow… can't wait!

Thanks for sharing!

Lynne

Blend a little coconut oil in there with the coconut milk. It gives you an energy boost beyond caffeine and makes it super creamy and delicious. Blending it makes all the difference with coconut milk. I hated just adding it straight to coffee as well, but blending changes it completely.

Blend a little coconut oil in there with the coconut milk. It gives you an energy boost beyond caffeine and makes it super creamy and delicious. Blending it makes all the difference with coconut milk. I hated just adding it straight to coffee as well, but blending changes it completely.

Thanks Vian, I will certainly give that a go. How much do you put in? I have a rather big mug :)

Guys try your coffee bulletproofed! Its the way. 

Starbucks will even blend for you if you bring your coconut milk, oil and ghee!

BULLETPROOF COFFEE 
-Hot coffee 
-Spoonful ghee 
-Spoonful coconut oil 
-Spices/flavorings 

Put all in a bowl and whir it up til foamy with my immersion blender. Regular blender works just fine too, just take standard precautions when blending hot liquids. So far my favorite flavoring blends have been cocoa and ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and cocoa and vanilla bean. MmMmMm. 

The purpose of BP coffee is to give your system a jumpstart. The combo of caffeine and healthy happy fats create a magical concoction that can stave off hunger pangs until well into the afternoon, improve focus and disposition, and send you straight to the bathroom for your morning constitutional. Try it! Don't fear the fat. Fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does. And don't have it on an empty stomach either. It will fill you up and keep you full so you'll miss out on vital food nutrients. 

Archived