Day 15 - Blew it on Pizza Hut chicken wings

CompleteinHim

I was doing really well on my first Whole30 but yesterday was our sons 12th birthday and he decided that he wanted to go to Pizza Hut for a family meal.  I had no problem with this as I planned to eat before I left and then just snack on the salad bar when I got to the restaurant.  However we left for the restaurant late with time for me to prepare my food but just not to eat it, so I did have a few bowls of the compliant salad and then I ordered two helpings (starter for main) of their BBQ chicken wings. I ordered them plain with no dip but didn't really think about the sauce that they would be cooked in for some reason. 

I feel a bit tired today and my breakfast didn't fill me up as it normally does, maybe not enough protein, but I decided to google the ingredients of the wings and was very disappointed - check out the link below

http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/Delivery/menu/pdf/Dietary_Requirements_Delivery.pdf

So it looks like I am now back to Day 1 and will just have to extend my end date as I wanted to have completed my 30 days prior to our 13th  wedding anniversary on the 18th August... Never mind - forward planning for next time I suppose :(

• Moderators

It is great that you checked behind the scenes to find out the ingredients involved in fast food. Most people never know all the things in their fast food "meals." The learning curve for eating well can be tough, but you are on track to prove yourself tougher!

Isn't it crazy what they do to chicken? I encountered wings on vacation last year after my first Whole 30. My family wanted to eat there so bad so I gave in and ate the wings. I was still hungry after, got hives, and had no energy the next day. We ate at a restaurant one more time on that two week vacation and I sat outside and ate from the cooler. I ate a salad at subway the other day when I was caught without food. I'm afraid to even look it up. Nice job getting back on track! That is the hardest part for me.

Thanks for the encouragement Tom.

Believe me @Birder I am really struggling today with the urge to throw the towel in completely now that I feel like I have wasted all the effort I put in over the last two weeks and I was looking forward to really enjoying our Anniversary Spa Hotel stay not having to worry about whether I can eat any of the 3 course evening meal included in the cost of the Stay.

However on writing this it came to me that the negative thoughts that I have been experiencing today in regards to the Whole30 plan and life in general to be honest could be another consequence of eating those wings... :angry:   If it is then it makes me feel a bit better actually, knowing that its not really me feeling down and miserable just a side of effect of eating bad food. 

Tomorrow is another [better] day :D

Tomorrow is a better day!  It is so difficult to eat out.  I have by go to meals at certain restaurants, but sometimes I end up at one I don't know very well.  Then, I do the best I can.  I ended up at BWW on day and found out I could get unseasoned/ unsauced wings cooked in beef tallow.  I had that and a plain salad (no cheese, croutons or dressing).  That afternoon and evening I didn't feel good at all.  I didn't consider all the other things cooked in the same oil (onion wings, breaded chicken, etc) and the cross-contamination.  

All we can do is remember how good we feel when we eat well, pick up and continue on!

Archived