Chocoholic's Whole10

Chocoholic382

Thanks guys! I would love if they'd just poof! It seems to be mostly in the evenings. And also when my fiance digs into pizza or ice cream or gummy worms or...

But an amazing thing happened yesterday. I whined particularly pathetically over him eating orange chicken in front of me, and he said he'd do a whole30 with me! Of course I'll have to do all the cooking (I don't currently cook for him) but I think I can handle that. With his luck, it'll turn him into superman by day 2!

Day 8 (of 10)

M1: chamomile tea w/ coconut milk, meat crust quiche

M2: some kind of dry meat + sauteed brussels sprouts

M3: TBD

So I'm going to a place called the Shaved Duck for a work lunch today, and I'm worried about the menu. http://www.theshavedduck.com/food-menu/the-shaved-duck-food-menu.html. It's a bbq place, and I have a feeling most of the dishes are slathered in sauce but it's hard to tell which (and I'm totally burned out on salad right now). Sigh. I don't love interrogating a server but it looks like that's what I'm gonna do!

Including today, I have 3 days left! I've made my meals a little too big the past 2 days because lunch wasn't filling enough and I overcompensated at dinner. Working for a better balance today.

• Moderators

Well, since you've only got three days left, I say suck it up and go for a fancy salad with compliant ingredients, topped with a smoked dry duck breast. Sounds luscious to me. Any of those sauces, jams, etc., are inevitable sugar bombs. Looks like a delicious restaurant, though!

In fact, I believe I'm going to pull a duck breast out of my freezer and have exactly that for my lunch. It'll be like we're dining together!

Day 9

Not much to report. I'm sleepy, and a little nervous about an "informal chat" I'm having in an hour with someone from one of our sister companies about a job opening. I'm at that point where I've been looking for so long (on and off for the past 2 years) that any little glimmer of hope gets me WAY too nervous with anticipation.

But as I always told myself before school tests: it'll all be over in a couple hours.

Today is Day 10 of 10! Woohoo! I didn't do any weigh-ins but I can tell my tummy is flatter. Energy's a teensy bit better, but I'd still like to do better. After the weekend (which we're spending out of town) I'll probably come back and squeeze in a quick Whole4 before my girlfriend's wedding festivities start. After that I'm wide open for a Whole21 if I should so choose! My next full Whole30 might not be until mid-September, but I'll have the fiance in tow! Cannot wait to have total control of his diet! He has IBS but is so hard on his body. I'm positive he'll see really great results from 30 days of (spicy food-free) Whole30. He may even join me for part of a smaller WholeSomething in August. It took a full year to get him on board and I can't wait!

Archived