Kombucha "jello"

LadyM

• Moderators

I'm post w30 right now and showing up fashionably late to the gelatin paleo party. Wow are there some wild "paleo" dessert concoctions out there in the intarwebs. Anyway, I just dissolved a little unflavored Great Lakes gelatin in some home-brewed kombucha which promises to become a kind of jello. Jello holds no power over me, so it doesn't seem like swypo, and I didn't pour the stuff into cute little gummy molds to make them candy-like, but I'm just wondering where w30 stands on such a thing. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I was about to ask about gelatin, but saw this post. I'm going to give the great lakes stuff a shot if you think its quality. I had a friend who use to make elderberry gelatin for her daughter to take during cold season. I wont obviously be making elderberry syrup jello, but I thought the kombucha molds would be a fun way to get my boyfriend to get some ferments in his diet. Hes like a baby too lol. Thank you!

• Administrators

He won't just drink the kombucha? I put the Great Lakes Hydrolized Collagen (gelatin that doesn't actually gel) into my coffee every morning. The gummies seem a bit.....like candy. If he's not doing a Whole30 then go for it but for folks actually Whole30ing, I'd say probably not.

He won't just drink the kombucha? I put the Great Lakes Hydrolized Collagen (gelatin that doesn't actually gel) into my coffee every morning. The gummies seem a bit.....like candy. If he's not doing a Whole30 then go for it but for folks actually Whole30ing, I'd say probably not.

No, hes like a baby:) But I am trying to get him away from the sweet stuff. He keeps asking if I can make paleo pancakes and brownies, and paleo muffins, and so on...pretty much everything he asks for is sweet. Then hes like "I'm going to eat so much fruit all day on this plan." And so I have to lecture and become the mean girlfriend. I think after the first few days though, he is shocked to see how satisfying the meals have been thus far, without 'healthy treats'. Does it taste like anything in the coffee? I do homemade cashew milk in mine. But i could experiment with the gelatin! 

• Administrators

Does it taste like anything in the coffee? I do homemade cashew milk in mine. But i could experiment with the gelatin! 

Nope, there is no flavour to it and because it does not gel, there is no weird texture. Make sure you get the Hydrolyzed Collagen if you are going to mix it into beverages though.  

Archived