Day 15, still feeling sluggish :/

Hi there!

I'm Lauren 28, active (just did a half marathon) and usually do eat healthy. I started Whole 30 to help break my sugar addiction and to help change my relationship with food. I'm doing well with combating cravings, but I still haven't been very energetic - in fact I am on day 15 and am feelings very sluggish at work. Most of what I've read says that this could be from an excess of unhealthy eating before starting Whole 30, but since I was pretty healthy before starting, I'm a little sad and confused. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

Welcome!

There are a whole bunch of factors that influence your energy levels, but the most likely culprit here is what you're eating and how much of it :)  Make sure each of your meals follows our meal planning template, that you're eating a full meal for breakfast (this is a hard one for many folks but it really does make a difference), and that you're including starchy veggies like potatoes and winter squash into at least a meal a day if you're active.

Hi Lauren! I feel run-down if I'm not eating enough startchy carbs in my meals, or just eating enough all together. I'm not sure what/how much you eat in a given meal or day, but that might be something to look into. Also are you still keeping super active? (Congrats on the half, btw!) if you're still keeping up a hefty training/workout schedule you might need to eat more than you think. Good luck!

Archived