Nervous about not feeling any cravings.....

This is going to sound really weird but I am at the end of my 4th day of my first Whole30 and I have not had any of the cravings, hunger, fatigue that everyone talks about.  I was a sugar baby 5 days ago.  I mean I could have coffee/ cream and 4 big cookies for breakfast, pizza and diet coke for lunch, ring dings or candy bar for a snack, Hamburger and fries for dinner and a big bowl of ice cream before bed. I have stuck to the plan completely... no snacking just 3 meals a day.  I will admit I almost automatically put money in the soda machine at the hospital for a diet coke the other day but pressed the water button instead.  I told you it sounds crazy but I have been fat all my life and never been able to stick with something without some kind of craving or having to have iron willpower that never lasts. It just feels to good to be true that I can be healing myself so easily.

I get you.   

You're in the zone...go ahead, it's not bragging if it's true.  Be loud and proud because you're doing great.   When you have that momentum behind you it makes every day a joy.  It spurs you on to the next day.

I too, did not have aches, pains or cravings.   By Day 21, I was 'running down a dream'.   Keep going and don't stop.   Quite honestly, I don't believe in 'willpower'.   Willpower is about gritting your teeth and bare knuckling it through.   Willpower doesn't stop and look around at the wildflowers.

Some days, I think of myself as a science experiment.    I've stopped thinking of myself as a 'dieter'.  I loathe that word now.

Willpower will only get you so far.   If willpower really worked - why does it fail millions of people.

With your new strength, you'll find yourself walking around the grocery store with empathy.  The only 'guilt' you'll feel is for the little children with mothers who are loading the cart with cookies, chips, and boxed cereal.   You won't feel smug but sad for those little people.   You'll wish they knew what you know.

Ride your wave....you're on a roll.

Consider yourself lucky then!  Good for you for treating yourself well!  This is the single most kind hearted thing you can do to take care of your body.  Really.

I don't want to rain on your parade - just make you aware.  I too never really had any bad "carb flu" like symptoms either.  But I was tired - oh so tired.  For a long time. You may have some delayed reactions so when they hit - be aware. (I noticed on day 15 that I was 10 days off of the timeline and so I added 15 days and made it a whole 45 - everyone is different) 

Have a plan to conquer the cravings when they do hit. Usually if you have a plan to distract yourself - go for a walk, buy a magazine, take a bubble bath - you choose what would work well for you.  Make a list and put it on your fridge.

You may hit some more intense cravings around day 10 and day 21 (I hit an extinction burst around day 21 - basically it's your body's single last stitch effort to convince your body to go off plan.  Yes it's intense, and it can last a couple of days.)

Archived