Another whole 30 who's in ? ! JULY 26

Nickle83

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still here!  Day 12 today, and I think I've finally beaten the snack beast!  No 3pm munchies in the last couple of days.  Feels good!

Fam wanted to go out to dinner tonight, so I got a breakfast scramble with eggs and home fries, hold the cheese, and when it came with cheese on, I SENT IT BACK!  (That's a big deal for me; I'm a chronic people pleaser.)

Woot.

hello! I'm still here too, although I guess technically I shouldn't... ^^
After the first whole7, I had a disastrous weekend full of alcohol, guilt and negative thoughts. then I had a moderately good, almost-whole week, in which I finished off all the non compliant food in my pantry (sorry, but to throw/give away the parmesan that my parents brought all the way from italy honestly hurt my feelings). and then... having set a challenge with my colleague (no alcohol for two weeks, and we know if we cheat, for we're sorta exclusive drinking buddies), here I am trying to take advantage of the situation to go on a whole15, this time.
I know, I know, I should do the 30 days thing right from the start, but it's not the best time for me.
also, I've finally read the book, and it first scared me, then it annoyed me, but finally it all made sense again and I can say I'm much more into this thing than before.

(only thing is, what if I HAVEN'T spent my whole life eating junk food? I know I've been far from perfect, but sodas, chips, and tons of sugar have never really been my thing...)

How's it going?

Oh I had a major slide over the few days and have to reset yet again.  You know, it's frustrating.  It's not as though I've completely fallen off the paleo path but from a Whole30 perspective it's a fail.  I think that's what keeps making me mad!  I'm doing fine.  I've lost weight. But I haven't been Whole30 compliant 100% of the time.  Sometimes I think the concept of perfection that Whole30 proposes is counter-productive to succeeding in a paleo or primal way of eating. 

I wish I had found this posting when I first started on 28th July. I'm up to day 17. This is my second time, last time I made it the day 27 that was back in April. I am much better prepared this time around and my sister is doing it with me, I have found having someone to hold you accountable really helps. I also think the Whole30 Daily is quite useful. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I am interested in others meal ideas as well as moods etc.

I wish I had found this posting when I first started on 28th July. I'm up to day 17. This is my second time, last time I made it the day 27 that was back in April. I am much better prepared this time around and my sister is doing it with me, I have found having someone to hold you accountable really helps. I also think the Whole30 Daily is quite useful. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I am interested in others meal ideas as well as moods etc.

I totally agree!

I think if I was back home I could get my best friend to do it with me and we would give a lot of support to each other. It would make it much much easier! Having someone close who can understand the reason why you're doing this is really important.

Also, it would be much better to do grocery shopping where I can fully understand what I'm buying... ><

Wish me good luck for tomorrow. My boss offered to buy both lunch AND dinner (for we're having an extra day at school), and I kindly refused the first (I'll bring my lunchbox), but I accepted to join in for dinner. We're going to a meat barbecue, and being in Korea that means that I could easily just stick to non-marinated meat wrapped in lettuce. Will I resist the temptations that will surely come up?

Archived