Sandzu starts again

Sandzu

This is not officially day one for me. I had completed a whole 30 in the past and felt fantastic. I had some struggles but managed to get through and learnt a lot. Then life got crazy and I have been through a lot of changes with a major move and new jobs. Closer to my daughter and grandchildren now. :) Unfortunately I have wandered far from the path and feeling very very ill. My life is starting to settle down a bit and its time to get back on track and start feeling better again.

I am starting whole 30 again on August 1 but plan on allowing myself to slowly move into it by starting to cut some things out early and stock the fridge and cupboards with better options. I have to pack a lot of food to bring with me as I have very long days. So I do need to work on a good plan.

I am meal planning right now, keeping in mind some of the things i learnt the last time -  like dont eat too many eggs - I don't want to rely on them too much because I have a problem with them when i eat them too often. I would like to focus mostly on veggies, with protien and fat to compliment my meals. I am trying to remember to not OD on protien and skimp on the fat - I have a tendancy to do that.

:D :D  I'm starting to get excited !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately I am not able to come on line very often right now, mostly because my life is crazy. I am keeping a book to journal in as I go about the days and will check in here when I can. I work a lot right now and have 2 jobs going at once. I have to cook my meals on the days when I am only doing one job. I put meals in micro waveable containers and stack them in the fridge so I am prepared on the really crazy days. I need to be prepared so that I will actually eat something and not grab junk from the vending machine because I am hungry. On of my freinds suggested that doing whole 30 during this crazy time might be too much for me but my daughter said that it was probably the best time. That I would do much better during this crazy time if I were eating healthy. I think my daughter is totally right. If I succumb to eating junk right now I will totally burn out and have no energy. Sticking with the whole 30 right now will help me get through this temporary situation. I just need to plan. So I am looking for some good make ahead recipes so that I could have some variety while I am packing 2 meals -- any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated. :)

Your daughter is right!  

I often cook and pack meals in the fridge to take with me to work.  It makes life much easier in the long run.   One of the easiest "go-to" meals:  cook up a whole lot of ground meat with a little onion - no seasoning (except maybe some salt and pepper).  During the week, you can pull out a scoop of meat, add veggies and seasoning and heat it through.  Italien night?  Meat, olives, tomatoes, oregano.  Thai? meat, green bean, lime juice, chilis, coconut milk.  

When I am preparing for long weekends at work, I cook and prepare for up to 3-4 days of meals at a time.  For example, today, I boiled a dozen eggs and cooked up a huge skillet of potato/veg hash to make 3 meals.  Meanwhile, I had chicken thighs in the oven to go with frozen veg for 3 more meals.  Then, I made 3 huge salads and a pound of meatballs for my last 3 meals.  So, in about an hour, I made 9 meals (3 days worth).  Granted, it gets a tiny bit monotonous by day 3 (or day four if I make that much), but it is quick and easy, stores in the fridge and I won't have to cook for 3 more days!

Good luck to you on this journey!

Day 7 wow a  whole week and feeling food. I have been sticking to the plan without too much trouble. I made fish cakes the other day. I like fish cakes, makes it easy when i have to pack 2 meals on long work days. I am making a large batch of chicken curry tomorrow night so that I will have plenty of meals to get me through the week, and lots of salads. I had salad for lunch today and it was really nice. I feel good and my stomach doesnt hurt so much anymore. I would like to be able to lose some of my tummy this month and fit my clothes a bit better, but I am just so happy to be feeling  better

Archived