Starting August 1st with husband and grown son...needing the benefits asap

grahamscracker

I'm a 50-year old married mother of two grown children. My 25-year old son has moved back with us to help tend his disabled veteran father who suffers with PTSD and bi-polar disorder.  My daughter is married with three adorable children who are my lifeline. I've been researching the Paleo Diet and lifestyle and think it would benefit my whole family immensely. My husband was raised and prefers fast food/TV dinners. My son loves good food and is willing to try new things, but is 150 lbs overweight with stomach problems. I am 60 lbs overweight and suffer from debilitating fibromyalgia and arthritis pain. I'm ready to get back living again and enjoying my grandchildren. I spend a lot of time in bed. I'm ready to stay out of bed except to sleep. A cashier at a Fresh Foods market told me she had been on the Whole 30 diet for a month and has felt better. She lost not weight, but size due to all the inflammation she no longer has! I'm inspired. I'm committed. Don't know how committed my family is but I'm going all the way. Look forward to the support that comes from community. If anyone else is starting on August 1, I'd love to partner up. If anyone lives in Utah County, Utah, that's where I'm at to support each other as well.

Let's do this!!!

Sally 

Welcome to the Whole 30!  If you haven't read It Starts With Food yet that's a great place to start, along with all the other resources on the website.

There's likely to be loads of people popping up in the next week with 1st August starts, so you'll have plenty of company.

I am also starting Aug 1st, This will be my first time. I decided I would try this program because I am having a rash problem on my face. I thought it was medication but stopped taking it( w/Dr permission) and I still have the rash. I also have a lot of knee pain. I am waiting for the new book to come out on the 28th, until then I have been looking for ways to eat on here, pintrist and some other good resources. Good Luck to us Sally!

Janet

Archived