Me and green tea again!

I'm on day 19 and feeling a bit frustrated...it seems like the desire my body has to do the up and down of the sugar crash is SO intense...I get annoyed at the food, even though it's good and varied because I just want something that's gonna take me up and then down!  I'm sure this will pass - but anyone else have thoughts on this or felt this?

Also, I'm wondering how much of this has to do with green tea intake...honestly I 100% know it's not good for my body (even though it's really healthy for others!)  I don't drink that much, I'm just really sensitive to caffeine (don't drink coffee or black tea since even one cup is generally too much for me!)  What I love about this program is the clarity - not having clarity around green tea is dangerous for me since it's always been one of my "go to" drinks/FWB(DWB?) for an energy high.

Any clarity for me here? I know I "should" stop drinking tea. Period. I know I'm not getting the best results because of my body's response to it.  But I keep justifying it because I'm doing everything else to the tee and technically it's allowed...

Help!

Thank you! :-)

I think you answered your own question. You feel that the green tea is the problem and it probably is. I would give it up for the rest of your whole30 and see how you feel. Maybe you can have herbal tea instead. You can do it! Good luck!

Not so much jitters. It's more that I know for a fact it causes additional itchiness and inflammation to my already itchy/inflamed body. So if the name of the game here is reducing inflammation I know that 100% I shouldn't be drinking it!  But it's not a direct result - like drink and itch. It's more like drink and feel amazing and then over the next few days think, "Hmmm...I kind of feel not as good..."

Also, I know that the stimulation part which I think raises cortisol gives me a high kind of like eating sugar.  So my body is still taking that roller coaster ride of up and down. It's challenging to stop because the downs can be so down. :-(  I know I'm going to need way more than a Whole30 so for the moment I keep focusing on the progress I'm making by doing everything else to a tee/T and know that there will come a time when hopefully getting of green tea isn't too too hard. Maybe I'll do a 2nd Whole30 that is caffeine free?

(Oh I just see that you're doing it AIP...I've got Hashimoto's and possibly my next step or next whole30  is AIP)

Archived