Help with recipes & spices

EJSmadhatter

I am looking for recommendations on what to put on spaghetti squash. I can't do tomatoes, night shade veggies, or nuts. So marinara sauce & pesto sauce is out. Although I haven't tried making a pesto with out pine nuts. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Also I am looking for some spice recipes. A lot of the pre-made spices & rubs have peppers of some kind in it or garlic and onions which I have to be careful of. I would like to try and make my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I love spaghetti squash and have been eating it a variety of ways. One recipe we all loved was "Spaghetti Squash Boats" (found here: http://arismenu.com/spaghetti-squash-boats/)
Perhaps you could use some fire roasted artichoke hearts in place of tomatoes? And of course, leave off the cheese. I use nutritional yeast as a replacement for a Parmesan sprinkle.  

I also just saute some garlic with a little olive oil and toss it in. I see you said you have to limit garlic and onions, but it's easy enough to do other Italian type herbs instead. Last night I had spaghetti squash served on a bed of greens, olive/garlic drizzled on top. A side of grilled chicken/shrimp/pineapple kebab, with some sliced Persian cucumbers. 

Archived