Day 1 - Going to finish this round!

HIlaryDilaryDock

Eggs, ham and green peppers for lunch - fried in olive oil and ghee for flavor. Finished out the night with chicken sausage and green beans - laid out on a bed of roasted sweet potatoes. I've been snacking on grapes and my home made trail mix (cashews, pistachios, almonds, and raisins). I haven't thought about Diet Coke too much today, and I have been drinking lots of water.  Day one down :)

I need to do better with following the Whole30 meal template. This morning I had coffee with coconut milk, and a banana. This seems to be my go to breakfast, but no protein. I did snack on my trailmix around 10ish - there is my protein.

I have leftovers for lunch - chicken sausage sauteed in olive oil with green beans.

I did better this morning Derval! I still had my banana and coconut milk, but I also had 3 eggs sauteed with olive oil, green peppers and basil. I had a left over potato so I made myself a "Western Bowl", with a bunch of Franks Red Hot.

For lunch I have pork chops with a big handful of green beans.

Finished day three with grilled steak, side of fresh green beans tossed w/bacon and watermelon. I did have a late night handful of trail mix. Lots of water and almost reached 10,000 steps today. 8953 isnt too shabby!

I was pretty tired today and really wanted a diet coke, but i held strong.

Cravings today are crazy. I keep thinking I am going to go home and my hubby will have a rum and Diet coke waiting for me (he does EVERY Friday), but I have already told him no DC, no liquor. This makes me sad :( and a little grumpy. I have already caught myself justifying in my head why it would be okay -- its just one drink (that wouldn't be true after the one...) and its not going to really matter that much, right? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Lunch -- leftovers, steak, green beans and bacon. I also packed a watermelon slice for a mid-day snack.

Dinner - grilled chicken legs, left over potato, green beans.

I was nervous yesterday...we had a BBQ and I haven't been in a social situation yet on the Whole 30 (except work, which isn't exactly a social place). I'm happy today to report it was a success! I will be honest - I did not eat well during the first half of the day.

Breakfast...skipped :(

Lunch: a spice free hamburger patty dipped in mustard. I asked our friend if he did anything special to the burgers and he said he didn't put anything in them because everyone has different tastes and we can season our own. I love this guy!

Dinner: Steak, watermelon, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Snack: homemade trail mix

I have noticed that you don't eat a lot for breakfast. This is actually pretty normal in the first week of your whole30. I would suggest that you don't drink coffee first thing in the morning. Instead have it with or after your breakfast. Coffee is an appetite suppressant, so it will definitely keep you from eating a normal breakfast. It may take a while for you body to adjust to eating breakfast. Keep trying and it will get easier. Good Luck!

I am not the best breakfast eater - you are right :wacko: Today I brought in three hardboiled eggs and a banana. No veggie, but the eggs will definitely fill me up. I've got fat in my coffee.

Last night we ate well! My MIL was thoroughly impressed. We had grilled chicken that I cut into cubes and tossed in a Frank's Red hot and coconut milk sauce. I put this on a bed of romaine for boats. I prepared roasted baby turnips (.99 a lb!) with bacon and parsely. These were a hit, even with the kiddos. We had a side of Prince Edward veggies. It was a great meal - enough for today's lunch.

The Scotch eggs carried me into today. I had a half egg for lunch with a side of green beans - a whole egg for lunch with a bigger side of green beans. Its day 8 for my sister and I - we are hanging in there! It's definitely a bit different (better) when you are doing this with someone you love and who cares about you.

Tonight I am having grilled pork ribs and potatoes+bacon - with a side of veggies (haven't decided on which kind)

Coffee, coconut milk, banana for 1st breakfast. 3 eggs and a slice of compliant ham for second breakfast. No veggies -- I didn't realize what a struggle it is to get veggies in for breakfast. I should add more to my eggs - but I always seem to be in a rush. I need to make breakfast the night before...

Leftovers again for lunch. I have a pork ribs, potatoes and green beans.

I am coming over your house for dinner, you are making me hungry with all these amazing recipes! Yes veggies in the morning can be tough. Keep trying to find things that you like. Do you like pan fried potatoes and fried eggs? How about sweet potato hash with fried eggs from Nom Nom Paleo. I also like ground meat stir fried with zucchini, carrots, peppers, etc. You can make this the night before and just warm it up or cut up all the veggies the night before and then toss it together. It takes me less than 10 min to cook. Enjoy!

Sweet Potato hash sounds amazing -- I will definitely have that tomorrow -- thanks Tina R.!

Light night I baked chicken with a tomato, green chili and basil mix. It was delicious. My daughter, who hates tomatoes if outside the ketchup bottle, had seconds :)

For breakfast I had a western bowl, minus the cheese. It was so filling I'm not even hungry for lunch.

Well....last night I decided to retire early. What a day I had! It started with a coworker bringing in her own Scotch Eggs because she loved the ones I brought in! It was my mistake that I didn't explain how and why I made them. Her and her husband did lots of research and changed the recipe a bit. After I took my first bite and told her they were delicious - she asked me if I could taste the Funyuns. What??????????? Turns out her Husband thought the pork rinds were bland and wanted to spice things up. My eyes must have gotten huge because she then told me not too many Funyuns were added. They also used Jimmy Dean Sausage instead of ground pork - definitely not compliant. I only had a bite - a small bite. After stressing about this most of the day - I made the decision it was silly to stress about it - it was an uncontrollable and I've learned my lesson. I've also decided not to start my Whole 30 over - I'm sticking with the plan. Day 11 Baby!

Yesterday's lunch was leftovers - Chicken and green beans.

Getting home late, walking, driving kids around, etc - I had a late night. My dinner was leftovers from last night's dinner - still yummy chicken and green beans.

No more chicken for a few days!

Yup, human over here -- sh** happens frequently! LOL

Yesterday’s lunch was mild chicken sausage and roasted sweet potatoes.

I turned things around last night and made the most delicious Shepard's Pie, or as my husband says "Pâté chinois". I used a recipe from Nom Nom Paleo, which she got from Ancestral Table - and I modified it to be Whole 30 compliant. It was a hit - there is very, very little for me to have for breakfast. Almost everyone had seconds.

I’m sipping on my morning coffee while I type – just about ready to take a long walk and enjoy one of the very few summer days we have left over here in Maine.  Not sure about dinner…I may come up with something in the next 4 milesJ

It was a busy day again yesterday. Lunch was a no go - did more compliant snacking than anything. Too many nuts...stomach did not agree to that. I made steak and green beans yesterday for dinner. We had two really large green peppers that I purchased almost a week ago in the veg drawer. I hate throwing out bad veggies, so I halved them, oiled them up and put them on the grill with the steak. Great idea - but they definitely needed more time to soften up and char - still delicious.

I did 4.4 miles yesterday -- I think I want a Sunday break. I've been getting over 10,000 steps all week. That's pretty good.

We are celebrating my nephew's birthday today - grilling of course. I'm no longer stressed about what to eat in social situations. First - its my family and they will eat what I feed them ;) Second - I think I converted most of my family to the deliciousness of Whole30 anyways. They don't know its Whole30 compliant - and I see no reason to share!

We had an early dinner yesterday, and I skipped lunch. I did some snacking - watermelon, trail mix, carrots - but nothing like a meal. For dinner we had a rack of ribs, smoked - with a side of braised cabbage. I have to say - Nom Nom Paleo has been a lifesaver, I absolutely love her. I found the cabbage recipe on her blog -- the kids didn't eat it, which only meant more for me.

Eggs and ham for breakfast, with my banana and coffee.

Lunch is leftovers - ribs and cabbage. I also brought a slice of watermelon for a snack if I get hungry. I'm thawing out some ground beef for dinner tonight. I'm thinking something easy - sweet tator hash.

I was tired last night - sautéed ground beef and added in all of the leftover vegetables I had in the fridge. I had green beans and bacon, grilled green peppers and some mushrooms. I added compliant salsa and had all of this mess on top of baked sweet potatoes. I have to say -- I impressed myself with this concoction.

Today's breakfast - the ground beef mixture with two fried eggs. I brought leftovers for lunch - but wow, my breakfast was filling. Its 1:30 and I'm not even close to being hungry. I call that a success!

Tonight -- I'm winging dinner again. I have thick porkchops thawing out, but my grill is out of gas. I will have to check out my favorite bloggers for some recipe ideas.

Day 15 -- half way :D

I am more than halfway done - Day 16! This next week is usually when I struggle and fall off the wagon. I need to stay focused! I will complete 30 days this time.

Last night I made pork chops in the oven. I was not impressed. I cooked them too long and the onions I added were overpowering. I still ate them - but, they could have been better. I added a bunch of green beans and a slice of watermelon.

This morning I am still sipping on my coconut milk coffee and thinking about breakfast - leaning towards a compliant breakfast bowl with Franks Red Hot. I'm in the mood for spicy today.

I used the dry pork chops from last night's meal and created a yummy curry style dish for dinner. It was my first time trying cauliflower rice - I was pleasantly surprised. I put the cauliflower rice under the broiler to brown it - which didn't really work, but it was sill delicious.

I hope I get some sleep tonight - I  woke up every hour last night. It made for a long day, but I still got my walk in.

Archived