wheat-free-kitchen twin mom journal

Day 10, 8/7/2014

B:  3 eggs in coconut oil, blueberries/strawberries/grapes...oops forgot those veggies again

L:  lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, sliced raw beets, black olives, olive oil

S:  almonds

D:  

Twin Rylan had a big mushy poo this morning.

Twin Asher has not had his bowel yet today.

Mom:  feeling relaxed.  Sugar cravings seem to not be as strong as last week.  I noticed that I have space in between my toes.

Day 11, 8/8/2014

A day at Six Flags Great America.  We just brought our own food just in case we couldn't find any whole30 foods.

B:  3 eggs with coconut oil, blueberries/strawberries, cukes at home

L:  hard boiled eggs, cukes, peppers, banana, almonds, raisins, water.  All brought from home

D: same as lunch except had an apple instead of the banana.  Ate everything we brought!

My mission was to see what we could find that was whole30 compliant at Six Flags.  I found a small package of pistachio nuts in sea salt for $6 and also found a spinach salad with strawberries for $12.  Besides the $3 water bottles...that was it for the whole park!  Really kinda sad.

Day 12, 8/9/2014

A four hour drive to a wedding.

B:  green grapes and blueberries and 3 eggs with coconut oil and zucchini

S:  apple, raw zucchini, black olives

Instead of the drive-in next door from our hotel for a quick lunch, we picked up a few groceries at the grocery store in the town where the wedding will be in a few hours.  We asked at the deli if they could cold rinse the produce...I'd feel funny not washing the food.

L:  turkey, peach, cukes, cherry tomatoes, macadamia nuts 

D:  shredded pork, sourkraut, macadamia nuts, raisins

Morning bowels for twins:  soft solid for both boys.  Making progress.

Day 13, 8/10/14

B:  at hotel's buffet - 3 hardboiled eggs and banana

L:  ground beef and shredded sweet potato cooked in coconut oil, 1/4 avocado

D:  burger topped with mashed avocado, sauted onion, pineapple slices, tomato, raw onion

Asher made a beautiful solid bowel this morning!  YIPPEE!!!  Both twins poo-ed about 3 times today...all nicely solid except one sticky one.  Making huge progress from diarrhea and mushy poos only 2 weeks ago!

I feel good.  No need for snacks today.  Feel satiated but still want to indulge in ice cream...but will wait until day 31 when we are going to our county fair where they have $1 ice creams!

Day 14, 8/11/2014

Twin Asher woke up whimpering...his diaper blew out of both legs...liquid poo everywhere.  His poor boy body parts are raw and red.  What in the world caused that???  He's been doing so much better.  I know, I know...be patient for the full 30 days.

Twin Rylan had a nice solid poo in the toilet this morning.

B:  Sick of eggs and coconut oil.  Made chicken, shredded sweet potatoes in olive oil, and watermelon

L:  Cashews, pistachios, and a banana for mom.  Both boys fell asleep on the couch this morning, so I haven't really cooked lunch yet...didn't want to wake them as they don't always nap for me anymore.  We had a busy weekend so I'm not surprised they fell asleep early.

D PLAN:  Taco Salad with beef and our own homemade seasonings, lettuce, tomato, black olives.  Would really love to add some sour cream...but I will be patient for the full 30 days.  I miss my dairy group!

Dinner:  didnt feel like cooking...too busy of an evening.  Ate a banana, carrot, Jennio oven roasted turkey, cashews

S:  apple

I feel fine.  No dramatic changes in energy or lack of energy.  Tomorrow marks the half way point!  YIPPEE!!

Day 15, 8/12/14

Solid mushy poos for both twins before breakfast.

B:  sliced sweet potatoes in olive oil, one over easy egg (last ones - its shopping day), cashews, apple

L:  cukes, apple pieces, taco salad with lettuce, tomato, black olives and beef with our seasonings

D:  pork chops, raw green beans from garden, homemade coleslaw with a purple cabbage, carrots, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar wtih sesame seeds (twins missed dinner...we had such a late lunch and late nap time that they slept through dinner)

S:  cashews and apple (just for mom...babes still sleeping)

Peeked at progress and lost 5 pounds so far and an inch from my belly and an inch from my hips.  I promise, I'll keep the scale tucked away until day 30...just had to see if their were any changes at the halfway mark.

Day 16, 8/13/14

B:  3 eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, coconut oil, blueberries and strawberries

L:  lettuce, homemade coleslaw with sesame seeds & olive oil & apple cider vinegar, garden green beans, leftover pork chop

S:  leftover roasted beets with olive oil and cashws

D:

Asher still has mushy poos.  Rylan had one solid poo this morning and liquid diarrhea this afternoon.

Jennio oven roasted turkey,

Oh honey, I'm sorry, but did you take a look at the label? I think it has a couple issues:

TURKEY BREAST MEAT, TURKEY BROTH, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS SALT, SUGAR, CARRAGEENAN, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ACETATE, SODIUM DIACETATE, FLAVORING.

Day 17, 8/15/2014

A really good day for the twins.  No poo's for Asher that I can remember from the day.  Rylan made a nice solid poo in the toilet.  Yippee!

B:  3 eggs, tomato, mushroom, leek, coconut oil, cantaloupe

L:  pork rib, cauliflower, side salad with lettuce, tomato, black olive with olive oil and apple cider vinegar

S:  pear

D:  beef burger, tomato, onion, avocado, diced red potato in organic coconut oil

S:  walnuts and raisins

I'm feeling okay.  Maybe just a bit lazy and I really miss the my dairy foods...cheese, ice cream, sour cream, ice cream, greek yogurt, ice cream, cream cheese, ice cream.  I'm also not caring for meat so much anymore.  I think I may try to vegetarian whole 30 plan after I get my fill on some chocolate ice cream.  How long do people usually wait in between whole 30's?

Day 18, 8/15/2014

B:  3 eggs, coconut oil, pear

L:  lettuce, cukes, strawberries, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, ground beef with seasonings, avocado

S:  walnuts and raisins

D: sweet potato, coconut oil, broccoli

S:  apple, raisins, coconut oil, cinnamon, walnuts

Twins both had solid poos in the toilet before nap! Unfortunately, Rylan had a liquid diaper after nap and Asher's after nap poo in the toilet was a wet and soft but mostly a shape.

Day 20, 8/17/14

B:  3 eggs, leek, green peppers, coconut oil

L:  sweet potato, beef, green peppers, coconut oil

S:  banana, raisins, walnuts, coconut oil

D:  mashed potato with skins, olive oil, corned beef, sourkraut, red/yellow/orange peppers

Lots of poos by both toddlers.  Started solid in the beginning of the day and runny near the end of the day.

Day 21, 8/18/2014  3 weeks down!!!

B:  one egg, shredded sweet potato, black olives, tomato, leek

L:  chicken wraps, chicken, lettuce, tomato, diced cukes

S:  walnuts, raisins

D:  burger with no bun, grilled pineapple, tomato, onion

A few poos today from our twin toddlers...mostly soft solids so doing good.

Day 22, 8/19/2014

B:  3 eggs, coconut oil, tomato, onion, grapes

L:  1.5 hardboiled eggs (couldn't finish the last half...I'm so over eggs and meat), watermelon, carrots, celery, black olives

S:  banana, walnuts

D PLAN:  leftover burgers, grilled pineapple, tomatoes, onion, cooked cauliflower

Poos are looking good for both twins today.  Hard to keep track of the number and type of stools since dad's home to help with diapers, undies, and potty training.

Not on the computer so didn't log for the past two days.  Here are highlights.

Day 23

Both twins woke up with liquid poo.

Ate whole30 compliant the full day...mostly the same things we've been eating.

Day 24

No poos for the twins so expecting a nice solid poo tomorrow, but...

After dinner, the twins climbed to an open bag of wheat-free tortilla chips that two of our older kids left out.  UGH...day 24 and we fail.  

Day 25, 8/22/14

Morning poo has crushed up mushy tortilla chip poos for both twins.  Not surprised.

Just gonna continue to reset until Thursday, our original 30 day plan, even though we had one mishap with our boys.

Day 26, 8/23/2014

Went on a 21-mile walk around a lake with my daughter...took us 10 hours!  This is what I ate for the day.  Not sure what the twins ate as dad was taking care of them for the day.  Dad know whats whole30 compliant so I'm sure what they ate was fine. No idea on stools either.

B:  banana, almonds (grab and go)

S:  apple, almonds, raisins (snack pack)

L:  bacon, eggs, melon, burger with no bun, lettuce, orange juice (restaurant along hike route)

S:  apple, almonds, raisins (rest of snack pack)

D:  roast pork, squash, green beans, greek salad, roasted beets (dinner at a friends house)

Day 31, 8/28/2014 - COMPLETED THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE FOR MYSELF AND MY TWIN 2-YEAR OLD BOYS!

B1:  Hubby surprised me with breakfast in bed!  2 SCOOPS OF CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!  Gotta be the best ice cream I've ever eaten!

B2:  Ate a real breakfast too.  Scrambled eggs in coconut oil with MELTED MOZZARELLA CHEESE, cukes, and blueberries.  Honestly, didn't really need the cheese.  I had missed cheese and was definitely waiting to eat it again, but it wasn't as great as I remembered.

S:  At the fair, so we ate our usual $1 ice cream in a dish.  Yes, I had another chocolate ice cream for the day!  But it wasn't as great as my surprise breakfast in bed.  Guess I think I've gotten my need for ice cream out of my system sooner than I thought.

L:  Brought our own lunch to the fair.  Ate hard boiled eggs, cukes, apples, CHEDDAR AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE SLICES, black olives, and water.  I liked the taste of the cheddar cheese more than the mozz cheese which used to be my favorite.  My older kids also wanted popcorn so we splurged on a big bag of mixed kettle corn and cheesey popcorn and 5 of us shared the full bag.  I enjoyed the salt and missed the popcorn but was definitely done with the craving by the end of the bag.

D:  Baked potato with BUTTER and PEPPER JACK CHEESE.  Yes, I've missed my dairy group.  I really enjoyed the butter and was okay with the extra cheese but didn't need it as much as the butter.  Skipped the pork my hubby made as I'm really needing a break from meat as I ate way more meat on this whole30 plan than I'm used to eating.

Day 31, 8/28/2014 - THE FINAL NUMBERS

Weight:  147.0 pounds

This is the lowest weight I've been in about 15 years.  It was good to get a few more of those stubborn pounds off.  Total weight loss of 7.5 pounds in the 30 days.

Waist:  31 inches

Lost a total of 2 inches in my waist in the 30 days.

Hips:  35 inches

Lost a total of 2 inches in my hips in the 30 days.

Over all, I don't feel that much different.  I do notice a difference in my face from some recent photos.

BEFORE WHOLE 30

post-49587-0-41257200-1409315282_thumb.j

AFTER WHOLE 30

post-49587-0-66198900-1409315322_thumb.j

Day 31, 8/28/2014 - THE 2-YEAR OLD TWINS RESULTS

I did not measure the boys before and after since my goal was just to have them make solid bowels.  Overall, their bowels are much better than I've seen.  We are still having some mushy diapers and even less water diapers though.  It was great to see solid poos which is really helping with their potty training.

Reviewing the logs, I think that nuts are an issue with them so I've just recently taken all nuts out of their diet and things seem to be improved with that too.

The most drastic change is the reduced inflammation of their bellies.  They've been wheat-free for over a year and still had a bloated belly.  The before photo is from March 2014 and the after photo from the completion of the 30 day challenge.  Definitely reduced inflammation for our twins.  I will call this food experiment a success! 

BEFORE WHOLE 30 (but already wheat-free for almost a year)

post-49587-0-50365500-1409315218_thumb.j

AFTER WHOLE 30

post-49587-0-21370600-1409315211_thumb.j

Archived