Looking for a little lard

LCat

• Moderators

Finding lard locally may be difficult. One of the butchers at Whole Foods gave me some fat from the scrap barrel when I asked for some to render beef tallow and I suppose he might could have given me pig fat to render lard if I had asked. I have gotten highly prized leaf lard from a producer in North Carolina through a friend who travels through the area. The simplest way to get lard may be to order it online from a place like U.S. Wellness Meats or www.fatworksfoods.com/.

I have alot of lard that I would love to give you.

Our grocery store carries it by the bucket or box.   It's back in the meat/butcher department.   I live in the midst of livestock country...smaller processing businesses have it  too.

• Moderators

I don't know where you are in Texas, but I order meat from Burgundy Pasture Beef in Grandview. I haven't tried their tallow or lard, but I've been happy with the meat I've bought from them, although I realize it's a bit more expensive than other places. If you're close enough, they deliver, or you can actually go out there, or they ship anywhere in the US.

Archived