raw veggies & indigestion

I'm on day 29, woooo hooo! But I've also had some digestive problems for the last couple weeks. I think it's potentially from too much raw veg - specifically I've been on an insane cole slaw kick and eating it with just about every meal for a while. I finished up my last batch of it last night, so I'm being cognizant of cooking all my veggies for a while. I realize it could potentially be from something else, or just a reminder not to eat multiple cups of raw cabbage EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

So, my question, does anyone know how long it should be before the symptoms go away? It seems to be a little better today (but not much). I'm just curious how long I should wait before I try coming at it from another angle.

• Moderators

I don't know for sure with the timing. I think it's different for everyone. I can say that a little more than a year ago I couldn't tolerate a lot of raw veg, esp cruciferous, and now I'm good. I also take digestive enzymes prescribed by my FMD. If I were you, I'd prob stick to cooked veg for two weeks and then gradually bring back more easily digestible raw stuff like lettuce, cukes, summer salad stuff that's not coleslaw. Sorry. It won't be forever!

Disclaimer: I really hate the terms "bowel movement" and "loose stools"  but they are about to get thrown around like hotcakes up in this thread. 

:D  :lol:  :D

I have a friend who loves talking about body functions. :P   Now when she starts in, I remind her that I can't handle it.  :P   The old gag reflex kicks in....but she can't help herself.  She does it to me anyway.  I have to plug my ears or lay the phone down.  I tell her I'm going to be eating dinner soon, please don't make me gag...but  she blathers on.

Archived