Wholly Awesome!

Derval

Thanks!  Yes I read your previous post about the Lidl streaky rashers, I'll be investigating packaging a lot in the next few weeks I think!

Great tip re Ballyroan Get Fresh, am not too far from there.

I am so making that roast pork with crackling and some coleslaw, how could anyone think that is a strange diet!   ;)

Am hoping that my family will start salivating over my new, improved food choices and wanting to join in, but I don't hold out much hope for my pasta loving 5 year old!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 10.80 but I don't know what weight, I just told him I wanted 3/4 of the piece he showed me ifykwim. We got dinner for 2+2 and enough leftover for another leftover dinner for me. They sell it with ribs in so you might get better value without bones.

Day 6

9.30am! (god how will I manage to go back to 7am in September?! )

1.5 portions of egg loaf :) last of coleslaw, cherry tomatoes. black coffee

post-22-14073523641608_thumb.jpg

1pm - salad with leaves, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomato, 1 small avo, king prawns, some almonds & ranch dressing. blk coffee

post-22-14073523780275_thumb.jpg

4pm - blk coffee + small banana - this seems to becoming a habit, going for a "rest" in my room, away from the kids with this "treat". If only they would stop wrecking my head!! :wacko:  :blink:  :lol:

5.15pm - half chicken breast, tsp of mayo, mug of bone broth

6.30pm - Crossfit

8pm - omg so tired & hungry!! How delicous the sweet potato was with lashings of ghee & smoked sea salt. I could definitely over-eat this. Bolegnase was ncie but missing the parm :(
Again ate too fast, must watch this when I get home from gym

post-22-14073523957475_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Might it be worth it to have a little piece of chicken breast immediately post WO to keep you from being so ravenous and inhaley with din-dins? Bonus: extra fuel of lean protein goes straight to those tired muscles and makes you strong like bull. ;) Could be worth a try anyway.

Urgh awful night's (non) sleep. The kids contstant fighting is just wearing me down & making me so sad. Went up & had a bath last night to get away from it and went to bed for the night, but the malaise just wouldn't lift & then I was crying & couldn't sleep. I wish they would just get along, at least some times! As some of you know, my sister has passed away and I suppose it seems all the more poignant to me to see them not appreciating & loving each other. I feel like a child in a divorcing household might, I just can't take it anymore. Started crying again this morning when they started at each other again, just minutes after getting up. I actually checked my cycles calendar because I feel so low...:(

Very much looking forward to my "me" day tomorrow, CF class, lunch with a friend & a facial. Hopefully won't be weeping in to my face mask!
Just have to get through today, & keep them away from each other as much as possible <sigh>

Really sorry to hear about your sister, Derval. 

What ages are your kids?

I think the arguing thing is pretty normal.  It just seems worse I'd guess because it's holiday time and they are in each other's pockets all day every day.

Can you get a friend over or send one of them off to a friend's house for a few hours, just to break up the madness?

Divide and conquer!  ;)

Thanks Heyho, ds is 11.5 , and dd is almost 8. I guess the fighting is pretty normal if it is ocassional flare ups, but it seems to be contstant, and ds barely tolerates his sis, that's what I find heartbreaking. I know dividing them works, but it just gets me down that I have to do that all the time, even literally walking down to the shops, I have to have one on either side of me or they'll be picking at each other.

A friend & her son (ds's friend) are coming over this afternoon so that'll help, and the sun is shining, *and* my copy of The Paleo Kitchen just arrived by courier. so there's some positives :)

Next door seem to be taking the tiles off their kitchen wall, they may as well be in the same room, gotta get out of the house!!

• Moderators

Sorry you're having a rough time of it right now, Derval, and so very sorry to hear about your sister. Grief is so very real, and I can understand how your kids' fighting could trigger all kinds of emotions about your sister. Hang in there!

oh sorry, Derval. That's tough. Should I note that my sister and I fought incessantly as children and now are close as best friends? So much unnecessary screaming we put our parents through. I do realize I'm lucky to have her. I'm sorry for your loss as well, I'm sure it does make you see your kids' behavior in a different light.

Thanks ladies, you are a lovely bunch :wub:
MissMary I was the same with both my siblings when we were kids- omg the temper I had (still do :o ) I used to go beserk, but both my parents worked and we were often fending for our selves so I guess they (my parents) were saved from a lot of it, and I am super close to my brother now, even more so since we lost our sister in '03. Maybe I should go get a job & let some other poor eejit referree :D. Tell them they drove me to it (ha ha future therapy talk)

Derval your posts are so inspirational. This is my first Whole 30 and it is my day 7, so far so good. After today's reminder email I realized I should open up my own journal and be fully accountable to this journey. I really like how you have pictures inserted - is that an app you are using?

I signed up for the pact app and am looking forward to trying it out! Time to dust off the fit bit and get those daily 10,000 steps. Also signed up for a crossfit gym which I will begin on week 3. I am nervous, just watching you jump up on that box is inspirational. Reality - I am so big I am afraid I won't be able to do any of the activities.

I look forward to following your journey!

Derval your posts are so inspirational. This is my first Whole 30 and it is my day 7, so far so good. After today's reminder email I realized I should open up my own journal and be fully accountable to this journey. I really like how you have pictures inserted - is that an app you are using?

I signed up for the pact app and am looking forward to trying it out! Time to dust off the fit bit and get those daily 10,000 steps. Also signed up for a crossfit gym which I will begin on week 3. I am nervous, just watching you jump up on that box is inspirational. Reality - I am so big I am afraid I won't be able to do any of the activities.

I look forward to following your journey!

Thank you , that has really made me smile :)

Re the pics, I use the free tapatalk app and you just attach the pics from your phone gallery. I usually go in on the laptop then and edit the post with the rest of the days logs, I don't like doing posts on the phone so much.

Good luck with pact. I completed my last weeks pacts (10k steps x6 and 15 servings of fruit/veg) and got $2.91 :) I'd starte conservatively because you want to be 100% sure you don't get charged for not completing your pact!

Fitbit and Crossfit too?! yay! The great thing about CF is that when it's done right it is totally scaleable, so you'll be able to do some version of the exercise, and you shouldn't be thrown in to wods as soon as you start anyway. Best of luck, sounds like you are super-motovated to change things up! I'll come visit your log :)

Day 7

9.30am - 2 eggs scrambled with ghee, leftover beloegnase, beetroot dip & cherry tomatoes. Blk coffee

post-22-1407432853157_thumb.jpg

11am - coffee whizzed with spoon of hazlenut oil + 1tsp cacao

1pm

Big salad with chicken, bacon & ranch dressing. Slice of fresh pineapple and some coconut flakes.

post-22-14074328698496_thumb.jpg

5.30pm - steak, home made chips with taco seasoning, fried onion & mushrooms, salad with avo (had doule amount shown, if not more)

post-22-14074328854173_thumb.jpg

Desert - a walk on my own, in the park, listening to Once soundtrack (if you haven't heard it, please do!). Trees + Glen Hansard , who needs comfort food?

post-22-14074329090964_thumb.jpg

Hugs for having to put up with the fighting. Kids don't know how good they have it sometimes. 

Your meals look amazing and so varied. You are definitely an inspiration to me. You look fit and healthy and you are full of bounce. I think it is ok to have a good cry sometimes. I have a terrible habit of keeping things inside where they fester.  

They egg loaf recipe is fantastic btw.

xx

Em

Day 8 is great!

My much awaited day off! Sadly a terrible night's sleep. dd in with us the whole night after a flare-up of her vaginitis :( My fitbit sleep log registers 6 x awake, 19 x restless!! Anyway up at 8.30am to get brekky in before CF.

8.45am
3 egg omelette - ha ha that didn't turn out as planned! with the leftover carmelised onions & mushrooms from last night. Last of the beetroot dip. blk coffee.

post-22-14075169735248_thumb.jpg

10am CF class, wod was sandbag relays, TOUGH! nearly puke tough! and I broke nearly every one of my pretty red nails :(

11.30am - chicken mini fillet & a clementine

12.30pm - out for lunch with friend in town. Got a cobb salad with added chiken & herb oil dressing. Holded the bread :) Missed that it had cheese in but it was very neat cubes of feta so I way able to pick them all out. Knew there wasn't going to be enough so got a little bowl of baked sweet potato cubes and mixed them through. blk coffee

Then went and had a lovely facial :) And spent a gift voucher from my birthday on a €40 Murad exfoliant :o

Popped in to Carluccio's (Uk & Ireland Italian restaurant chain/deli) and got some compliant sun dried tomatoes and "pasta" sauce. Checked out the deli caponata which I love but it had sugar in it so will try this recipe myself, would be nice with eggloaf I think

http://www.cindystable.com/classic-caponata/

5.45pm - super tasty & easy dinner. Aldi frozen seafood mix, Carluccio's sauce and zoodles. Nectarine & coconut flakes.

post-22-14075169888569_thumb.jpg

post-22-14075170154249_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Hooray for a day all for YOU! Sucks about the broken nails, though, hope you had some nice eye candy to make you feel better.

Murad is good stuff. It was the only thing I used for years to clear up my acne--like, from 16-30. Then I found a local organic shop that makes all their own products. Anyway, good stuff ain't cheap, but it's worth it, if you ask me.

Archived