Wholly Awesome!

Derval

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty bad evening yesterday, snack snack snack.
sun dried tomatoes & prosciutto, nuts, coconut flakes & sultanas, fresh pineapple. :rolleyes:

Day 9

Another crap nights sleep, took ages to get to sleep worrying about stuff, then dh came in form pub quiz burping loudly & woke me up, then 2 hrs later dd woke up crying & sore again :( she drove me mental tossing & turning in our bed for ages before I kicked her out back to her own room under protest. At least she slept late this morning.

10am - no pic soz, 3 slices prosciutto crisped in the microwave, 2 eggs scrambled with ghee, 5 cherry tomatoes, bowl of silky zuch soup. blk coffee

11am - CF yoga class followed by deadlift sesh.

12.30pm - cm coffee + small banana

1.30pm - chorizo, cherry tomatoes, yellow pepper, spring onions & eggs. half an avo on the side. cm coffee

post-22-14076028369481_thumb.jpg

4pm - cm decaff coffee

5.30pm - taco fries, homemade chips, taco beef (with onions, peppers & tomato), quac & ranch dressing. Fried pineapple & coconut flakes.

post-22-14076028571924_thumb.jpg

NO SNACKING TONIGHT!!

• Moderators

I found myself kinda snacky last night, too, but I went to town on some meatballs and kombucha in front of the tv. I think what I really wanted was a happy hour. :(

I don't know if I would have laughed or cried if I was awakened in the night by alcoholic belches. And poor sweet Lily. Do you know what's causing the vaginitis? Terrible and worrying.

Sorry for the sub par sleep. That makes everything harder to bear! Just think of the sweet sound sleep of angels that will inevitably come in the next couple weeks. . . .

Thanks LM, Hey I found some GO! Kombucha in the shop the other day, a mere €9.90 ($13.30) a bottle :o

Poor Lily has had this for over 4 years! She attends dermatology dept of children hopital who say no cause, no cure, just one of those things :rolleyes: and that she will grow out of it, which she seems to be doing thank goodness, but I can not see any cause/effect pattern personally. Very frustrating.

Hopefully a good nights sleep soon!

• Moderators

Why on earth would kombucha cost that much? Do the Dublin hipsters really shell out that much? Good Lord. You could buy a fifth of decent liquor for that over here!

Poor thing. I hope she outgrows it quickly and that it's not a thing that lingers or reappears throughout adulthood. It makes me furious when doctors have no answers. I never quite believe there's no cause or treatment when they say that. I heard it too many times myself, and that's why I go the alternative route. It's an expensive privilege, though, and it shouldn't be. But hey, most everything is backwards, so we do the best we can, right?

Not this Dublin hipster! Oh hang on I'm not a hipster. I guess some people must or they wouldn't stock it.

Yes I hope so too, and that she doesn't remember it too much when she's older, though probably will, I remember my childhood allergy (to fruit, ALL fruit except bananas, can you imagine? ?) quite clearly :(

Alternative isn't an option financially or maritally! dh would not fathom it.

Derval you are way too cool to be a hipster. They have to try so hard. 

Nice on the bacon. I will take a trip to Dunnes. I usually never eat it because it upsets my tummy but I reckon that is because of the endless list of ingredients. I feel very Irish talking about all this bacon. When I am away i get cravings for potatoes even though I rarely eat them at home! 

Day 10

9.30am - black coffee

10am - 3eggs scrambled, 2 slices prosciutto, cherry tomatoes, raw pepper strips, cm coffee

Got my email from cyclespages.com to remind me that period was due in 4 days, and then I was reminded by my body all day  :ph34r: ...If someone had offered me a sweet potato the size of my head I probbaly would have eaten it, together with fist size lump of ghee :)

Something like this maybe...

DSC_1242-001_410x619.jpg

Around 11am Lily & I went blackberry picking while dh & ds went to Tullamore for the day for track & field masters champs

Lovely long walk, oh so many steps on my fitbit - but NO! the damn thing was out of battery and I never realised :angry: Anyway it was still lovely and we missed the heavy rain that we had the rest of the day.

My cutie ready for our expedition!

post-22-14076908980243_thumb.jpg

Lunch at 12.30, yeah only 2.5 hrs after breakfast & I was starving! :o

Leftover taco mince with 2 eggs cooked on top + guac. Bowl of fresh blackberries & coconut milk & flakes.

post-22-14076908793162_thumb.jpg

3pm - cm coffee + small banana

6pm - roast sweet potato, carrots & cabbage + 2 marinated chicken thighs. Went back for more veg. Lots of freshly made mayo too.

post-22-14076909286425_thumb.jpg

Pleasantly full now but there's a dish of freshly made fruit salad that I will prob have some of later. My ovaries demand it!

Is vabbage something new like "zoodles" or is it a typo... Seriously - I googled it :blush: You meant cabbage right? Feeling a little silly :D

I am trying to hold out on shopping til at least Tuesday - but that beetroot dip is on my list to make, and I need bacon and bacon and oh did I mention bacon... We cannot keep eggs in the house at all I'm spending a fortune on them - but then there are 5 of us eating them ;)

There is a major change in our recycling - the glass is olive jars instead of pickle jars (and some wine bottles) :D I'm on day 5 now and I'm not feeling the tiredness today (a 12 hour sleep may have had something to do with that) but the carb flu is not so bad this time around. I think it may have a lot to do with wheat not getting a real foothold back into my diet :) Sugar is my biggest demon... is it the sugar that has me craving pickles or because they were easy prep go to veg in a jar? Good question for me I think...

Was reading ISWF about fat content too and I think I have been a tad generous being a small person doing very little exercise (at the moment)... oops, I was counting avo and olives as veg and adding fat... oh dear.

You're doing great Derval, an inspiration, I don't know how you get all the exercise with two smallies - I'm waiting (im)patiently for Sept when for the first time in 9 years I will have 2.5 hours to myself! Yeay!!! I am with you on the bickering - try 2's company 3's a crowd - especially on manky rainy days like today!!

BTW am I allowed to do long posts on people's W30 logs or is it considered bad etiquette? "See" you tomorrow! Cx

Ha ha you googled vabbage? I hope it wasn't a weird vagina shaped cabbage?! :lol:

We re very lucky that we have an eggman who delivers a tray of 30 free-range eggs for 6e.

I doubt you are craving pickles because of the small amonut of sugar :ph34r: maybe just cos they have the strong flavour & crunch that makes our brains happy , like crisps. Alex (11) just finished a "full 2 weeks" with NO sugar, well he did have a bottle of powerade and a small cupcake on 2 occasions but they don't count :P but a big challenge for him as the "treats" were at least daily. Of course silly nana bought in sugar free biscuits & chocolate for them when she heard they were trying this challenge. :wacko:

Roll on September YAY!! I schedule my CF arounds dh's schedule and the walks I just drag them with me. They bring a ball and play/fight/roar at each other on the pitch while I walk laps (with my earphones in!) around them :D But today doesn't look tooo promising, we'll see. Dh is giving blood tonight so I'm bringing them up to CF with me, Coach is really good about it & doesn't mind at all. I just have to watch my tongue & no expletives during workout

Any posts, long short or middlin' welcome :)

Right, have to get going, have to drive somewhere new (urgh, hate it!) to get a new tile for the roof & then BIG shop to LIdl. My grocery budget is crying can you hear it ?? All accompanied by my darlings :rolleyes:

Yes I have to go shopping in the morning - I need to make a list as I will forget half my stuff getting distracted by my three... Fracture clinic for DD2 today and physio for DD1... did I tell you my youngest broke her arm as well? Partly why I couldn't sleep with her in my bed the other night the cast makes a lot of noise scratching the covers and hurts when you get hit with it :(

Sweet jebus the stress, missed a turn so google brought me in a huge loop then missed the laneway for the salavge yard & had to do a U-y on Sth Circular Rd. Then took a completely unknown route back to Walkinstown. Big shop in Lidl - €75! Got the fancy tuna, but couldn't find the mahi-mahi and the Iberian chorizo is all gone. The almond stuffed green olives are complaint (but not a veggie ;) )

Sorry to hear you had another breakage Clannah, jaysis bet you don't have a matching set of delph eh? :D  Seriously though, that is tough, esp as she's so little, bet she's a bit cranky with it?

I'll have to drop to more typo's to befuddle the gullible I think!! :lol: :lol:

Day 11

3 weeks to back to school!!

9.30 am - 2 eggs scrambled with ghee, leftover taco mince, leftover roast carrots. blk coffee

folowed by cortisol peaking drive & grocery trip

12pm - cm coffee

1pm - salmon (how freakily palm sized is that fillet? it's like it was cut to fit!!) potato salad made with leftovers (white & sweet) from last night, mayo, mustard & spring onions. Sauteed spinach too. Portion of homemade fruit salad (mango, pineapple, banana, apple)

post-22-14077837873532_thumb.jpg

5pm - chicken thigh + roast carrots from last night

6.30pm - CF, *killer wod*

where Cindy = 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats

5 Rounds of Cindy

Run x 50m

3 Rounds of Cindy

Run x 200m

2 Rounds of Cindy

Run x 400m

Took LadyM's advice and made beef jerky to have before I left gym to prevent dinner inhalation. Have left a box of it in my cubby hole to have next time.

8pm - zuchinni noodles with spinach, seafood & tomato chilli sauce. YUM.

post-22-14077838123644_thumb.jpg

Will have a decaff cm coffee and a small banana now, and then that's it. I bought some nice fruity herbal teas, the blacurrant zinger one reminds me of the hot ribena mum used to make us when we were sick...

Think I did ok today, probably too much fruit and cm coffee (just stop buying cm!!) given that my main goal is fat loss. Speaking of.... I think I have lost some belly fat. There is a crease showing that used to be filled out :ph34r:

In other news I got a call from dad today, he got a scan following his fall and it showed that his liver had suffered swelling/enlargement due to the accident but it has gone down now, but they did discover gall stones (small as yet so they'll be monitored). So now that the swelling is down he is enjoying a glass of wine with dinner now :ph34r: I do hope he keeps a cap on his drinking and it doesn't go back up to his pre-fall levels :( but I'm not too hopeful.

Over and out w30'ers B)

I think you are mistaken Nadia, nothing is worse than burpees!!

Day 12! Wow flying in, half way mark coming up.

9am - blk coffee in bed, thanks Lily

9.30 - 3 scrambled eggs with ghee, 2 slices prosciutto, raw veggie selection

post-22-14078612791404_thumb.jpg

11am Great big walk with friends in Bushy Park. Hit my 10,000 steps!

1pm - big fat salad. Leaves, 4 almond stuffed olives, half avo, some walnuts, cherry tomatoes. White fin tuna. Mustard vinaigrette. Added dollop of mayo in case there wasn't enough fat ;)

Cm coffee

post-22-14078614889836_thumb.jpg

4.30pm mug of chicken broth while getting dinner ready

5.15pm rib eye steak, chips with taco seasoning, mushrooms & onions, spinach. STUFFED!

post-22-14078616341187_thumb.jpg

Ha ha you googled vabbage? I hope it wasn't a weird vagina shaped cabbage?! :lol:

We re very lucky that we have an eggman who delivers a tray of 30 free-range eggs for 6e.

I doubt you are craving pickles because of the small amonut of sugar :ph34r: maybe just cos they have the strong flavour & crunch that makes our brains happy , like crisps. Alex (11) just finished a "full 2 weeks" with NO sugar, well he did have a bottle of powerade and a small cupcake on 2 occasions but they don't count :P but a big challenge for him as the "treats" were at least daily. Of course silly nana bought in sugar free biscuits & chocolate for them when she heard they were trying this challenge. :wacko:

Roll on September YAY!! I schedule my CF arounds dh's schedule and the walks I just drag them with me. They bring a ball and play/fight/roar at each other on the pitch while I walk laps (with my earphones in!) around them :D But today doesn't look tooo promising, we'll see. Dh is giving blood tonight so I'm bringing them up to CF with me, Coach is really good about it & doesn't mind at all. I just have to watch my tongue & no expletives during workout

Any posts, long short or middlin' welcome :)

Right, have to get going, have to drive somewhere new (urgh, hate it!) to get a new tile for the roof & then BIG shop to LIdl. My grocery budget is crying can you hear it ?? All accompanied by my darlings :rolleyes:

Where did you find your egg man? That sounds brill 

Archived