Wholly Awesome!

Derval

My eggman is just a guy from Kilnamanagh who brings up eggs from his "uncles farm in Wexford" , they could be off the back of a lorry, or totally not free-range, but it is very convenient and very affordable when you use as many as we/I do.

Never got a veg box, that's strictly double-income territory :lol: not for the likes of us. I'm a super-sixer/weekly special/RTC gal :)

attempting scotch egg recipe now and realised I don't have ground almonds so they'll be baldy :rolleyes:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 13

Go me! Nearly half way & I think this might be my best W30 yet in terms of by-the-bookness. If any mods disagree
please do say (ha ha no don't, keep your opnions to yourself!)

8.15am - blk coffee in bed
9am - scotch eggs are FAB. Don't worry LadyM, I won't fade away, I had a second one :) Lots of raw veggies & some mayo too
another coffee

post-22-14079571314322_thumb.jpg

12.45pm - big salad, leaves, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, walnuts, 4 almond stuffed almonds, tinned mackeral today (Lidl Iberian range). half an avo (not shown), dregs of mustard vinagette & some extra walnut oil

post-22-14079571835045_thumb.jpg

4.15pm - small portion raspberries (8?) and some coconut flakes

5.30pm - hardboiled egg + mayo

6.30pm - CF class

7.45pm - roast chicken, roast carrots, sweet potato, cabbage. mayo. 2 slices of dd's apple <sshh>

post-22-1407957217681_thumb.jpg

Modelling week#2 reward - new Elesse capri pants - and showing off my pull-up :)

post-22-14079572017621_thumb.jpg

p.s CD1 and feeling surprisingly chipper :)

Day 8 for me (I am totally gutted I am 5 days behind - my choice I know but I'm still jealous :o )

Upper body strength was never my forte... Great stuff! - I'm still waiting for September in fact 2 weeks from now I will be able to start exercising... I don't know whether to get back into swimming or running or take up cycling and I want to try "Pilates and Barre" or find a morning yoga class - I'll be like a kid in candy store and not know where to start and alongside all that I need to try to figure what I am going to do with myself next year when all the kids are full time at school... no pressure. Still it doesn't ALL have to happen in September.

Today I had

B:2 boiled eggs with some sauce from last nights curry (as I had no mayo or oil to make some) and mixed salad black coffee. As an aside I've heard of curried eggs but had never had them - I liked it!

more black coffee

L: Was not optimal I had the chicken from the curry and only the veg that was in the sauce but I was flying all day had some raspberries and strawberries after

D: Bacon and very large salad and a few roasted potato cubes (to make up for lunch) and chilli garlic olive oil

Snack: Hazelnuts

I need to drink more water.

Cx

Ha ha you'll be ragin when I'm day31 Clannah :lol:;)
Roll on September, and our ME time!

Had to get up early to let in a workman :o so up at 7.30am , blk coffee, cleaned for an hour, all before the kids woke up. Then of course there was a change of plan & he came at lunchtime.

9am - 2 Scotch eggs, leftover cabbage from last night sauteed with spring onion, red pepper & cherry tomatoes. blk coffee.

post-22-14080431878164_thumb.jpg

1pm - same veg as breakfast with added spinach, half avo, pile o' bacon :wub:. A peach.

post-22-14080432053549_thumb.jpg

5pm - some leftover roast chicken + mayo

6.30pm - CF class, few bits of jerky after

8pm

Zoodle bolegnase, half an apple, some coconut flakes

post-22-14080432308845_thumb.jpg

Eh no thanks Clannah, may end up doing a day or two over until I get my coach to do my bf% but hopefullly not 5 days :)

9am - black coffee
9.30am - 2 Scotch eggs, raw veggies, mayo.

Did long overdue task of sorting out my gym gear - gosh I have a lot!

post-22-14081205764402_thumb.jpg

Dh had day off so took kids out - house to myself! Should be in great form but grumpy :angry:  My Fitbit has broken for the 2nd time (now I can't do my Pact app!) and the mouse on the laptop is broken (usuable now with new usb mouse). Flippin' technology :wacko:

1.30pm - sweet potato, yellow pepper, tomato, chorizo hash with fried egg. Didn't have all the hash. A peach afterwards

post-22-14081205906637_thumb.jpg

2.30pm - half an apple & a tsp of sunbutter. Few walnuts & sultanas. blk coffee. Used quiet house to work on my extremely challenging cross-stitch project.

Got to go to charity shop (thrift shop?) for first time in ages, picked up a dvd/vhs player for €6 :D Cool as ours isn't working any more and you can't get ones with vhs player anymore.

5.30pm - zoodles (courgettes - huge ones - are on special in Aldi , 2 for 39c) , leftover roast chicken, last of tomato chilli sauce, few chopped oilives and sundried tomatoes. Had a slice of prosciutto wrapped around s.d tomato whilst cooking - yum. Slice of melon (also on special in Aldi)

post-22-14081206036622_thumb.jpg

and some imagery for the day that's in it.

Jon texted me to say he's so proud

Bon_Jovi_0020.jpg

and some larfs

2012-06-04-Halfway-There.png

Half ways Derval!!! Yay!!!

I had a kid free day yesterday - well 12:30 to 18:30 and I got all the school stuff sorted and went looking at clothes, I got 3 new tops - I'm starting to feel more positive this last few days, which is good :) I no longer see this as a challenge I'm definitely on the "I can do this" road.

The sugar dragon keeps trying to trick me and I realise more and more how much of my eating is habit or association. I really can learn to like foods that I "never liked" because my taste buds are coming to life!! My smaller jeans are fitting me even though my period arrived so all good!! I have been getting the urge to do something, anything this last few days too! :) I am really looking forward to starting to exercise when the kids go to school.

I had an omelette this morning with smoked salmon tomatoes and avocado plus black coffee - my first omelette of the W30 and 10 days in :P

Lunch was late as I went up the town at lunchtime then didn't trust any of the restaurants to serve W30 compliant so I had to wait til I got home. I had mackerel in tomato with cucumber peppers and the other half of the avocado

For dinner I had Roast Chicken with parsnip rosti (I've found another way to like parsnip that isn't soup or stew) roast veg gravy, carrots, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. It was delicious :)

Here's to tomorrow :)

Cx

Chris Kresser - its simple though: Grate 500g of parsnip add 2 eggs and seasoning (I did salt pepper and garlic powder) - form into patties and pan fry in chosen fat until golden brown on each side. His recipe stopped there but I put them in the oven for a "while" 180degC to ensure the middles were cooked, and his recipe said one egg but I found it wasn't enough to hold them together the first time so this time I used two. He said that would make 4 patties - I had 5-6. HTH.

I made the best mayo I ever made yesterday too and all I did different was put a little more mustard powder. I'm not a mustard fan either. :)

Cx

Yay Chinno!

Sadly feeling "off" today :(

9.30am - leftover hash with 3 eggs scrambled through. Blk coffee.

10.30 BP Coffee

11am - CF running workshop

12.45 pm - feeling low & achey. Period re-started, thought it was over. Must have been all the sprints & burpees in the wod! Really wanted comfort food. So sweet potato with ghee, crisped prosciutto, small avo, mayo

post-22-14082084737294_thumb.jpg

4pm - nakd bar + cm coffee. First (and last!) Nakd bar (like lara bar) of my w30. Pure emotional, I want a treat goddamit, eating

6pm....it gets worse! Bowl of nuked frozen raspberries with coconut milk & flakes because I was annoyed with dh over his crap shopping in M&S :wacko: and I couldn't be arsed cooking my meal after making the rest of them pasta carbonara.

So not a day to be proud of. I guess I will eat something later, maybe a boiled egg or two. Dd vomited last night, maybe I'm fighting a tummy bug

Anyway I didn't plan to admit any of todays craptastic choices but what's the point of a duplicitous log.

Derval Downer.

Hate days like that. Good nights sleep, shake it off and move on!

My breakfasts leave a lot to be desired - every other day I have a "proper" one. But normally its an egg mocha - I may eat a vegetable with it but often not and sometimes its a banana.

Lunch was the same as yesterday (mackerel salad and avo)then I had burgers with salad and sautéed onion/mushrooms for dinner. I really wanted to melt cheese on top but I didn't!!

Funnily my period has me in a funny mood too but still much better than usual.

Went to see House of Magic with the kids today - I thought it would have been more magical - I think my 3yo found it a little dark... I have a feeling it would have seemed more magical in 3D and am beginning to think the film industry are relying on the third dimension too much instead of good storylines.

That's all folks:)

Cx

• Moderators

Mama said there'd be days like this. I hope you did have a boiled egg or two eventually. Sometimes we most need protein when we want it least!

I hope everything is brighter in the morning, Derval.

Yay Chinno!

Sadly feeling "off" today :(

Derval Downer.

I think that day was fine. 1 naked bar and a bowl of raspberries isn't really going to take you off course. I think it is important to acknowledge when you feel rubbish. You could have eaten an entire cake or a big bowl of pasta but you didn't. The Summer hols are very difficult for SAHMs. Routine is disrupted for everyone and it takes it out of you. Give yourself a break and remember that you are doing incredible things. Tons of exercise, being a supermom to Summer kids, amazing maker of fine meals you can't even eat, superwife to a man who can't shop right (I have similar issues) and all around hot chick. xoxoxoxoxo

Aw thanks Chinno, you are a sweetie.

And LM, you are right, just a day, must move on!

Thanks for support Clannah, I am brushing off!! you work on that breakfast this week yeah?

Well I did have some protein LM :) - Seranno ham rollups with avo, sundried tomatoes & walnuts - super tasty.
Went to bed early & had belly ache for hours :( , then dd was up for ages, sore again :( But I slept till 8.30am..
Realised when I was lying in bed this morning that the Seranno I used (, it's dh's - instead of my usual prosciutto, which had a whiff so I binned it) has feckin sugar in it. Darnation, but going to regard it as an unintententional blip & soldier on.

Today I will try do better but am woefully unprepared - we are going to this, my brother's mother in laws place
http://www.gorsehill.net/garden.htm
"picnic lunch to share" will be challenging! - I think I will make tuna devilled eggs to bring. There will be lots of cakes, probably of the "health food" type I imagine...and vegan stuff....
Hopefully the fresh sea breeze, some nature, and seeing my brother & his family again will help kick the blues in to the Irish sea!

Will try & get some pics, it really is a magical place.

Archived