Wholly Awesome!

Derval

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 17 - It's a new day, it's a new dawn, and I'm feeling....meh :D

9am - 2 eggs scrambled, 3 pieces smoked bacon, raw veggies, avo. cm coffee

post-22-14082973230753_thumb.jpg

12.45 - tuna devilled eggs (+ 1 half eaten before pic!)  & salad veg. Left later than planned so we ate before leaving instead

post-22-14082973425183_thumb.jpg

2pm - headed to Gorse Hill, we were very lucky with the weather and it was a lovely visit. Very beautiful place and so tranquil, made me want to run away & live there though!

6.30pm - sweet potato, onion, pepper, apple hash (saved some for brekkie) with egg

post-22-14082973583469_thumb.jpg

Photos from today, LadyM I could totally picture you doing your yoga here.

10614280_10152440961143666_2713931135253

10565121_10152440959808666_7957594093791

10622736_10152440966228666_4987420672737

Hi, wanted to check in and say hello and goodbye for now.

I made a total arse of things yesterday after a row with DH and ate a quarter of a loaf of my homemade brown soda bread with lashings of butter and cheese on top, and several glasses of delicious red wine..  I have visitors arriving this afternoon so although I will stick to gluten free and minimal carbs other than potatoes/ sweet potatoes, I think I will restart W30 next Monday after they leave.

I'll check back in when I restart, just wanted to say thanks for the meal inspirations and info re Irish products etc!

BTW, I was in Lidl yesterday and the chorizo they had has dextrose in it.  It was the big long curved one.  Do they have another one?

Bye x

Ah Heyho, It' such a common thing for women isn't it? I am such an angry eater! I did it the other day, but with compliant food. Best of luck with your W20 v.2 :)

The regular chorizo in Lidl is as you say non compliant, it was just the one in the Iberian special range they had that was ok, unfortunately it's all sold out now. I have 1.5 left!

Yes when they do the Iberian specials they get a different chorizo in... I've never managed to get it and I've also heard tell there is a compliant Polish cured sausage that come in on special as well.... I've never got that one either :( Beginning to think its an urban myth!!

At least you have realised now at the young age of 45 that you are eating emotionally - I was shocked when I did my first W30 how much food I ate by association (tea with biscuit), tasting (cooking non-compliant food - I had to spit it out) and worst of all - treating myself like a dog and eating my kids leftovers... this has to do with a drilled in aversion to waste that has come down 2 generations from my father who regularly didn't have enough food as a child - so it was empty plates all around in our house as a kid!!

I think W30 is food therapy - it really opens our eyes to how we see food, and for many it is not a just a fuel for our bodies!! You are not alone heyho and we look forward to seeing you back when you are ready.

Cx

YY to the whole polishing off the kid's leftovers!  :unsure:

Just checked my calendar and see am PMT city also so that explains the serious longing for marshmallows and oreos yesterday!

Probably also explains big row with DH!   :D

When I restart I'll make sure no lovely warm brown soda bread in the house - made a few loaves for the visitors as they requested it.  Then had to sample it.. And one thing led to another..  I sound like an alcoholic!!

Day 18 was a pretty good one :)

9am. Leftover hash with 3 eggs scrambled in with ghee. 2 blk coffees

post-22-14083913470724_thumb.jpg

Got big Aldi shop in & brought kids to "free zoo" - the big pet shop next door :)

12.45 - tuna devilled eggs & salad. 4 chunks fresh pineapple & half peach

post-22-14083915178692_thumb.jpg

Brought dd to the park while alex went to a friends. She's great company & I love watching her being a carefree daredevil tomboy climbing and having fun.

Got lots of food prepped in just an hour that included making dinner.

Made Czech meatballs and froze half the quantity uncooked.

Cooked brined chicken breasts for pre wod snacks

Stuffed & seasoned chicken & in to freezer.

Covered pork joint in spices for pulled pork.

5.15 - half chicken breast & mayo

6.30pm CF Class :wub: great class. Coach had a quiet word with me at the end & said how happy he was with how I was coming along :) so nice to hear! AND I got *3* pull ups!! A month ago I had 0.

8pm - Czech meatballs, broccoli, baby potatoes, mayo & mustard.

More pineapple.

post-22-14083921936042_thumb.jpg

Sorry all my pics seem to be sideways, just tilt your head :)

My turn to be  "Meh" today.

Cool! Great compliment from your coach :)  

I have to do the shop tomorrow but I may see if I can stretch it another day :)

I had my usual breakfast today - egg mocha and a banana - I've realised the only time I have the meat and veg breakfast is if there are leftovers from dinner... I have breakfast for tomorrow :)

Lunch was a package of brown shrimps from sainsburys and an exotic fresh fruit salad

Dinner was great though pan-fried fillet of pork on a massive bed of spinach, cooked in the meat juice with some cranberries and I added in some leftover gravy which was really nice! Served with carrots and cauliflower.

I then had some celery with mayo after - trying to make up a bit of veg as I was pretty naff on that count today :)

Just wanted to add a link to an article about a documentary I watched tonight.  They talked a lot about studiess of diets but the impression I got was correlation not causation - still interesting though - especially as Michael Mosley did his usual self test looking at the before and after health indicators... lots of uncontrolled aspects that weren't considered... example he "doubled" his red and processed meat intake, but I'm not sure he just added extra meat to his normal diet... was it just extra bacon that caused his results, or was it the type of bacon, or was it the bread it was eaten in... chips it was eaten with...  You can read if interested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-28797106

Cx

Just lost my post!!! here we go again!

Day 19 - wow, almost two-thrids there!, speaking of which I have decided to make this a Whole29. My day 30 falls on a Saturday, which means I can get my bf% re-tested at CG , and we are have going away wod/beers for a member who is returning home to Brazil. I don't think the 1 day will effect my experience/results too dramatically.

8.45am - blk coffee
9.30am - egg loaf & blk coffee
12.45pm - eh what's in the fridge??? Breakfast for lunch! red pepper & cucumber slices, half avo, 3 eggs scrambled with ghee, crisped prosciutto.

Nice trip to park with kids after lunch :)

3.30pm - banana + coffee
5.30pm - Pulled pork, salad, salsa,mayo, avo. NYOM. Desert of flaming row with ds :rolleyes: , so now he's on no tech ban for rest of day, dh is going out, so I might just go to bed now (6pm) :unsure:

post-22-14084658524131_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to add a link to an article about a documentary I watched tonight.  They talked a lot about studiess of diets but the impression I got was correlation not causation - still interesting though - especially as Michael Mosley did his usual self test looking at the before and after health indicators... lots of uncontrolled aspects that weren't considered... example he "doubled" his red and processed meat intake, but I'm not sure he just added extra meat to his normal diet... was it just extra bacon that caused his results, or was it the type of bacon, or was it the bread it was eaten in... chips it was eaten with...  You can read if interested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-28797106

Cx

I heard Chris Kresser talk about this before, so the trad health advice is "don't eat a lot of red meat" so the people who do eat a lot of red meat (apart from paleo heads obv.!) are the same people who ignore trad health advice, incl advice re booze, smoking, exercise etc. Interesting way of looking at it.

• Moderators

Well, glad at least there was a nice time at the park before the row. Sweet dreams!

Wanted to let you know I finally just signed up for my first YNAB class. Both terrified and excited to take the plunge. It's more than time to get my house in order. Any tips for me?

I'm almost halfway:) 14 days over me - I think!!??!?! 

Extra tired - I had a 6yo and 3yo in my bed last night...

I had leftover pork fillet with cauliflower and carrots and some strawberries for breakfast.

Mixed seafood for lunch and some melon as I had to go shopping for food

Dinner was Bolognese sauce with zoodles :) No leftovers but I have salmon in the fridge for breakfast :)

I've never used YNAB and I need to do some budgeting but like everything else it is happening in September :):D

Well, glad at least there was a nice time at the park before the row. Sweet dreams!

Wanted to let you know I finally just signed up for my first YNAB class. Both terrified and excited to take the plunge. It's more than time to get my house in order. Any tips for me?

Cool! Did you do the 1 month free trial? be sure to use my referral when you sign up for real - will get you $6 off

http://ynab.refr.cc/SG9GR4Q

I thought this was a good post on another board I am on about starting off

Budget for everything! Bins, bus tickets, haircuts, school expenses holidays, Christmas, birthdays, days out, entertainment, annual expenses - anything you need to spend money on. I'm adding categories all the time so if you forget something just add it in. Remember your budget isn't set in stone - it is designed to change as things change. Prepared to be surprised and even angry with your budget sometimes as it my prevent you from things that you previously did/ bought - this is because there is an adjustment period of getting used to spending within your means but then the feeling of being in control takes over and you can say yes we are not going on holiday but I have made that decision because we can't afford it and we won't go into debt. But when you save that money and go on holiday and spend the money you know you have put away for that purpose, it is very liberating.

That and watch the webinairs. I used to just listen to them while doing housework, they are really helpful.

The first couple of months there will be a LOT of editing and adjusting of categories etc - prepared to be shocked at how much money it takes to keep your life afloat.

Take great care with the credit card account & how you are supposed to handle it, it's a bit different.

Project ahead to thing like Christmas - if you think you will spend $600, put $200 a month in that saving category from now, then in january you can adjust that to be 600/12 :)

Usual breakfast... time is my excuse this day but really its laziness.

Lunch baked cod with salad followed by apple and almond butter

Dinner: Pork mince and sweet potato hash and salad wrpped in kos lettuce leaves with cayenne mayo... love putting cinnamon and chilli in the hash - delish!!

Went to get the school shoes today for 3 kids €178 - thank you very much!! OMG - I wouldn't spend that on myself!!! On the up they are all European makes that fit their skinny feet very well :) The shop owner said - the skinny feet are obviously hereditary after measuring the third one who is a D measurement in Clarks!! F is average...

Half way today.. its going quickly - I will be doing a whole 30 (I'm ready for 6 days of jealousy Derval even though it was only supposed to be 5 - harrumph!!), my best friend is over from UK the weekend after my W30 finishes so I wont be doing re-intro but will be staying as clean as possible - I feel better this way. I have to try to stay away from sugar - it is my biggest addiction!

I have leftovers - therefore proper breakfast will be had tomorrow - I think there is actually enough for 2 breakfasts!! 

Cx

• Moderators

Cool! Did you do the 1 month free trial? be sure to use my referral when you sign up for real - will get you $6 off

http://ynab.refr.cc/SG9GR4Q

I thought this was a good post on another board I am on about starting off

Budget for everything! Bins, bus tickets, haircuts, school expenses holidays, Christmas, birthdays, days out, entertainment, annual expenses - anything you need to spend money on. I'm adding categories all the time so if you forget something just add it in. Remember your budget isn't set in stone - it is designed to change as things change. Prepared to be surprised and even angry with your budget sometimes as it my prevent you from things that you previously did/ bought - this is because there is an adjustment period of getting used to spending within your means but then the feeling of being in control takes over and you can say yes we are not going on holiday but I have made that decision because we can't afford it and we won't go into debt. But when you save that money and go on holiday and spend the money you know you have put away for that purpose, it is very liberating.

That and watch the webinairs. I used to just listen to them while doing housework, they are really helpful.

The first couple of months there will be a LOT of editing and adjusting of categories etc - prepared to be shocked at how much money it takes to keep your life afloat.

Take great care with the credit card account & how you are supposed to handle it, it's a bit different.

Project ahead to thing like Christmas - if you think you will spend $600, put $200 a month in that saving category from now, then in january you can adjust that to be 600/12 :)

Great stuff, thank you! I did two webinars last night. Annoying, but helpful. I applied for a low interest loan to consolidate cc debt and am excited to get the spending under control. I like that YNAB is flexible and that you expect your budget to shift and change. Seems so much more doable than other budgets I've half heartedly attempted in the past. Was thinking I'd like to participate in a board/forum dedicated to personal finance management. Do you have one you can recommend? One that's friendly and useful, especially for women?

After such a long time not paying attention to where my money goes, I know it will be a shocking change and adjustment, but it needs to be done, and I know that ultimately it will provide great satisfaction. Thanks for being a part of getting me to this place!

ps--for the record, I'll happily skip Christmas spending altogether in the interest of yoga in Greece! We all have our priorities, and that's partly what it's about, right?

Goddamit I lost my post again!! didn't this forum used to have an autosave?

Day 20 - holy moly!!

8.30am - blk coffee

9.30am - 3 eggs scrambled, crisped prosciutto, salsa. blk coffee

1pm - leftover pulled pork, brocolli, salsa, mayo

3.30pm - coffee + banana

5pm - half chicken breast, red pepper strips

6.30pm  CF Class - another good one, got 5 chin ups in a row :) and our strength/skill work was Kb swings so tested how heavy I could go for the 5 reps - 28kg :) - nearly half body weight !

8pm - zoodle bolegnase

To make up for no food pics I'll share my ice bucket challenge with ye

LM, I don't know of  any, esp not american ones, maybe yer wan off Oprah, Susan Orbach, is that her name? maybe her site has one?

I'm going to hit post before I eff this up again

Archived