First Whole 30 Complete and I don't plan on stopping

JFSDONOVAN

Yesterday I finished my first Whole 30.  Like many people I have tried may routes to weight loss and everything works for awhile then it doesn't.  I found out in 2012 that I have Celiac disease and was sensitive to casein.  I changed my diet and drop 10 pounds in a month.  I thought I had ovarian cancer because of the blotting so I was pretty happy that it wasn't cancer.  I have always exercised and really do enjoy it so that has never been a problem.

This past January things were going a long pretty well.  I was running 15-20 miles a week and feeling great.  Around March my weight started to creep up again and I started having digestion problems again.  

My sister had been urging me to do the Whole 30 but I didn't take the time to look at the program.  In June with continued digestion issues and leg pain that would go away after a run i decided to give it a try.  We started the program on July 1.  My sister didn't stay with it too long but i thrived.  There were up and down days but for the most part they were positive.  I read the book during the month and was reading the chapter on sleep and feeling wide awake in the morning and realized that I was having all those benefits.

I feel great.  I did not lose a tremendous amount of weight but i did lose 8" overall.  The weight will come off as i continue the program, increase my mileage and start lifting weights.  I started training for a half marathon last week.  

This has truly changed the way I look at food.  I found out how much mindless eating i was doing.  Eating just to put food in my mouth because i was angry, sad, irritated, etc.  I have also found out that eggs may have been a bigger problem than i realized.  I used to eat them 4-6 times a week.  I had cut back because I suspected them and during this past month i only ate them on Sunday and spent Monday suffering so eggs are out.

I was asked yesterday what I miss the most and what I plan on eating first and I have to say I really miss nothing.  I especially like being free of sugar and I have no plans to go back to the way i ate before.  It has not been hard and I feel so much better - why should I go back and feel miserable.

Thanks for the kick in the butt I need to change my life.

Joan

On August 1st I went to California for a family reunion and some sightseeing.  I was not whole 30 complaint.  I kind of did it on purpose to see how I would feel.  I had a great time but I am so glad to be back to my whole 30 way of eating.  One of the biggest things i noticed was that my mouth was alwasy dry and I always felt like I needed to brush my teeth. 

Back to center today. 

Oh digestive issues... I can so relate... Having suffered for over 10 years, doctors telling me to eat more grain, less dairy. I was so convinced that dairy was part of my DNA and I was not convinced I should eliminate it from my diet. I was dead wrong... Am on day 49, stomach ache free!

Archived