Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

US 26/287 Wind River Lake - West

I picked UP my shovel and I walked to the mine

I loaded 16 tons of number 9 coal

And the Big Boss said "Well, a-bless-a my soul"

Spring is not here yet. It's going to be below freezing again tonight.  One day, I will be taking it back outside. Until then, it's all fun.  Really.   

I've loaded 16 dumptrucks of number 9 snow.....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://vanwinkles.com/the-dark-side-downsides-side-effects-of-melatonin

Long term self-medicating with melatonin for Shift Work Disorder has consequences, too.

When used occasionally and at the correct time, melatonin is a fine means of encouraging sleep. But, ironically, with prolonged use, it can actually amplify insomnia. Having too much melatonin in the system, the theory goes, overwhelms the receptors, changing how a patient reacts to the hormone — whether it’s endogenous or exogenous.

According to Dr. Wurtman, melatonin supplements may work at first, but soon “you’ll stop responding because you desensitize the brain. And as a consequence, not only won’t you respond to the stuff you take…you won’t respond to the stuff you make, so it can actually promote insomnia after a period of time.”

Grandner agrees. “Taking melatonin for an extended period of time your body may acclimate and re-adjust and produce less over time which will work against you.”

When it comes down to it, taking melatonin to fall asleep sooner doesn’t even work. “When it’s nighttime and melatonin levels are high,” says Dr. Wurtman “taking melatonin supplements is like putting a drop of water into an empty bucket; when it’s daytime, it’s like putting a drop of water into a full bucket.”

http://www.vitalproteins.com/blog/glycine-sleep-quality/

When it comes down to it, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are the better choice.  

collagen peptides

Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes.

In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG) during sleep were analyzed. Effects on daytime sleepiness and daytime cognitive function were also evaluated. Glycine improved subjective sleep quality and sleep efficacy (sleep time/in-bed time), and shortened PSG latency both to sleep onset and to slow wave sleep without changes in the sleep architecture. Glycine lessened daytime sleepiness and improved performance of memory recognition tasks. Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines. [1]

New Therapeutic Strategy for Amino Acid Medicine: Glycine Improves the Quality of Sleep

Glycine is a non-essential amino acid that has indispensable roles in both excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmission via N-methyl-D-aspartate type glutamate receptors and glycine receptors, respectively. We recently reported that glycine ingestion before bedtime significantly ameliorated subjective sleep quality in individuals with insomniac tendencies. Oral administration of glycine to rats was found to induce a significant increase in the plasma and cerebrospinal fluid glycine concentrations and a significant decrease in the core body temperature associated with an increase in cutaneous blood flow. The decline in the core body temperature might be a mechanism underlying glycine’s effect on sleep, as the onset of sleep is known to involve a decrease in the core body temperature. Moreover, a low core body temperature is maintained during sleep in humans. Pharmacological studies investigating the mechanisms of glycine on sleep were also performed. In this review, we will describe both our recent findings regarding how and where orally administered glycine acts and findings from our rat study and human trials. ]

Collagen Protein provides 4,120 mg of glycine in each serving. Making it a perfect, clean source for helping to improve sleep quality.

When I'm opening the VP Collagen Peptides canister, my dog comes running and sits. She wants her lion's share, too.  When a dog demands it, you know it's good for you.  Animals don't lie. Cats adore it, too.  They instinctively know what's good for them.

I split my dog's food in half - for the morning and evening meals.  A dog or cat has blood sugar, too. My dog is in tip top condition, she expects her breakfast and supper.  They need a "break" fast just like people.  Making your pet wait until supper when they've been sleeping like a log all night long, Oooooo, Felicias, that ain't the way to go.  Animals have blood sugar. Domesticated pets get diabetes like people do.  That doesn't happen in the wild because wildlife know when they need to eat not based on a human's schedule or timeline.

My dog eats breakfast within one hour of waking, for her hormones...just like me. It's sooo worth it for everyone all the way around.  

Animals will turn their nose up at highly processed plastic orange cheese.  They'll walk off and leave you holding the bag but when they refuse to move until you've put some VP CP on their dog breakfast, you know you're on the right track. 

LGO.jpg

Domesticated pets get diabetes from inactivity and making them fast all day long.  A human and animal's metabolism is naturally slowing down in the afternoon through the evening. 

Feeding your pet through such a narrow eating window in the late afternoon or evening is not good for them either.  They start gaining weight over the years, ending up with diabetes, kidney and bladder issues.

Skipping meals all day long, self-induced starving - every day and tanking up when everything is naturally slowing down, making quality sleep a struggle....keep doing what you've always done and you will get what you've always gotten.

Hormone Healing.   Eat your breakfast within one hour of waking.  It's the Whole 30 way without weigh and whey.

It's good for the goose, the gander, horses, dogs, cats, livestock, wildlife and paleo peoples of every kind.  

Your sleep quality and blood sugar, insulin excursions are the handwriting on the wall. Don't pull the wool over your own eyes.  

If your sleep is not "fit" you must acquit.

If you live in a big ole city, you may not even have a grocery store in your neighborhood. Maybe you have to order all of your food and there may not be one single member of grassfed livestock around for 100's and 100's of miles around.

We do the best we can with what we have and within our food budget. Heckatoot, you may not even have a w-mart or whole foods aka. whole paycheck.  big smile2 smiley 

This is a judgment free zone. 

Paw says...what was so good about the good ole days? 

The half has not been told and it doesn't matter if you're an authentic paleo person or not.  City dwellers don't have the same options as country folk do.  It's alright.

I'm flexible. The Whole 30 is, too.  There are food options for struggling new mothers and older folkaronies and everyone inbetween. All are welcome to come to the table and experience a compliant Whole 30 and all within your own means.  Just because I can live on pinecones, dirt and old grass clippings doesn't mean  it's right for you.  

Family isn't always blood or ancestry.

Family is the people in your life who want you in theirs.

They accept you for who you are.

They'll do anything to see you smile and love you no matter what.  That's family.

In the words of my forefathers and paleo pioneers who've gone before me....Tom Denham,  I remember what he said about a Walmart Whole 30.    A judgment free zone.

One size doesn't fit all on this side of the Universe.

The Whole9 is very clear in saying that food choices are more important than food quality. The Whole30 does not require organic, grass-fed, or free-range food. You can eat factory-farmed, genetically modified, sprayed-with-pesticide-foods and improve your health.

You can eat healthy and improve your health shopping at almost any crappy grocery store. If I was trying to become notorious as a blogger, I would report on a week of eating with food bought only from WalMart. You don't need organic, grass-fed, free-range anything to eat good. Organic, grass-fed, and free-range is good, but not required. Just eat meat, good fat, and veggies and you will have a better life.

Around here, there are only a few measures of food that we use. The most important is a portion of protein the size of the palm of your hand. You should eat at least one palm-size portion of protein at every meal, but you can eat two palm-size portions if you are hungry. When it comes to eggs, you can/should eat as many as you can hold in one hand. Every meal should include a measure of fat as big as your thumb. As to veggies, you should fill your plate with them after you have loaded on your portion of protein. That is all the measuring the Whole9 endorses. Eat like this at least three times per day and eat more meals if you are hungry.

Maybe I will do a WalMart Whole30 or at least a WalMart Whole7 to prove it can be done.

When the Big Boss hands out the halos, one size fits all. When you get yours, it won't be too large or too small.  happy angel smiley

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/02/23/how-a-gluten-free-diet-can-be-harmful/

My positive food management plan may not look like yours.

We choose with consequences...yay or nay what stays or  goes.

Wheat free or grain free, gluten free, dairy free or lentil free or bacon free.  We're born free with freewill to choose. 

Overthinking, overresearching, overanalyzing, overeating or overfilling...some say keep the gluten in and some say give it UP.  We choose.

The Reintro Process is the diagnostic testing that will give you the answers you're looking for.  No one can do it for you, 30 days are best then give yourself the test.  

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/health/peanuts-allergy-prevention-guidelines/

I believe this is going to blow the lid off the way they treat food allergies. The widest variety of foods for the big WIN. They're going back to the well.  No one wants death by a peanut, ever.

At age 5, the children in both groups were given peanuts and observed, Nepom said: Eighteen percent of the children who had been avoiding peanuts had a peanut allergy at age 5, compared with only 1% of the children who had been introduced to peanut butter or Bamba early in life.

"This showed that early introduction of peanut flour had over 80% prevention effect," Nepom said.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-drugs-diets-dont-lower-diabetes-deaths/

"Those on the ketogenic, very-high fat diet, who achieve better blood sugar numbers and believe that is the best way to handle type 2 diabetes. They haven’t reversed type 2 diabetes. They've severely reduced the amount of carbohydrates for their body to metabolize. They still have insulin resistance and it gets worse by the day on a very high-fat diet."

I didn't do it this way and coaching others to go this route when there are these variations of T2 - without proper medical information or a license to diagnose and evaluate someone's else's blood chemistry...that's treading in sharky waters.

The problem for those with autoimmune-related insulin sufficiency, but still making some insulin...and for thin pre-diabetics with zero insulin resistance due to very low body weights..without lab tests, knowing if you actually need insulin and all other factors is putting someone at risk by prescribing more extremes and a narrow way of eating. Leave it to the doctor or endocrinologist.

T3, AD, Alzheimer's Disease.

Representing a form of diabetes, selectively involving brain/biochemical features that overlap T1 and T2.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/

You can't be easily led by every wind of dieting doctrine or self-medicating diabetes with one way of eating, fully persuaded it that covers all of the bases for T1, T1a, T1b, T2, T2a, T2b.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/39/Supplement_1/S13.full
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/37/Supplement_1/S81.full

The pathway to healing is individual.

It's going to change as you tool along.  What worked a year or two ago may need to be tweaked and retuned and reframed.   

Change your gut and you can change your life.

Out of the gut flows the issues of life.  A narrow way of eating,  80% fat, 15% protein and 5% spinach ball of carbs.

There's locomotive breath. Diabetic breath and dog breakfast breath.   If you cannot read your body's cues, that dog breath is trying to tell you something. Having dog breath for the rest of your life...that's abby normal. The gut is trying to speak to you. 

The body is bent on survival. 

The binge eater narrows their attention to the immediate stimulus of food to avoid broadly meaningful thoughts.

This narrowing of attention disengages normal responses to food.

Binge eating is an escape from self-awareness. It leads to acceptance of escapism and thoughts.

Food disorder is a narrow way of eating.

Food addiction is a chronic way of food rewards.

It is difficult to turn off one's awareness of self. The common strategy is to narrow the focus of attention to the present and immediate stimulus environment. This keeps self-awareness at a relatively low level and avoids meaningful thought about ongoing identity and the implications of various events.

It goes hand in hand with a narrow way of eating.

A narrow way of thinking and eating. 

A child needs a broader way to navigate through this world. Limiting their foods down to 2 or 3 items does not work for their health in the long run. It doesn't work for adults either.

Allergies and autoimmune diseases and practially living in a bubble. Allergic to dust mites, grass, weeds, trees, dogs, cats, horses, mold, cheese, peanuts, soy, citrus, tomatoes, caffeine, eggs, chicken, tea, apples,blueberries, yogurt, shellfish, seafood, nuts, broccoli, cauliflower, avocados, oatmeal, corn,barley, rye, wheat, gluten, bees, pollen, and air. 

Itching. Full anaphylactic attack. Epi pens, anti-inflammatories and steroids.

The bee colonies are dying and people can hardly eat food. They're becoming scared of food and all of the elements in the world.  The bees are dying and there's a connection there somewhere. It's a cautionary tale.

I wasn't thinking that on the very first day of this journey but I have come right back to it. Full circle.

The bees hold the answers. We'd better be working on saving them.  They're a secret key to getting out of autoimmune diseases and allergies. Shawshanking our way out of these food nightmares. 

Bee-With-Pollen-LR.jpg

We messed with the bees environment. When they weren't producing enough honey for commercial production, we began supplementing their food sources with things liked crushed candy canes.  Using hard candy to feed the bee colonies.  It's made them sick because who can live on candy. I tried it, almost did me in, too.

Bees need good sources of pollen.  But we artificially fed the bees and they're dying because of it. It ruined their autoimmune systems and they probably developed allergies, too.

That got us nowhere good.  We'd better go back to the basics and take care of the bees.  We can't grow much without them. 

Apples, almonds, blueberries, cherries, avocados, cucumbers, onions, grapefruit, pumpkins...these all need the bees. 

Time to jump on the beekeeping bandwagon. 

I had a dream.  It was like the W30 dreams I used to have. You're sleeping so hard in a deep RVW sleep state. Rip Van Winkle Sleep. It was a download from 'Chief Thin Skin'. I  shook my family tree, checked my ancestry and I don't have anyone by that name.

There was a book dedicated to an ancestor and it was about Chief Thin Skin.  I was reading the personal inscription. As I'm writing this, I've just interpreted my own dream.  

Yesterday, I was telling my coz how easily Paw's skin bruises and it's thin.  That's it.  That book was about my Paw.   

I've walked the grounds of the Battle of the Little Bighorn. My direct ancestors were there. I've been there one time. 

Life is a balancing act.  The longer we live in the past the less future we have to enjoy. 

If we stay stuck in the past, no one will stay there with you. If you keep looking back to the past, you'll just spend your life walking backwards.

Paw says,  What was so good about the good old days? 

He's a forward thinker, always has been.  He doesn't dwell on the past. He's always, always looking ahead with hope. 

That's what I'm going to keep on doing.  

W30 is my happy place. I feel part of a tribe. This is where I've created my positive food management plan. 

The first step towards getting somewhere is deciding that you are not going to stay where you are.   

Tiny steps for tiny feet.  I pay honor to the Tinman for that one.

It takes courage and bravery to let go of the things that are really hurting your heart and soul.  Body. Mind. Spirit.

Paw does that.  By an act of his will he chooses to forgive. He has set his will to forgive.  It's honorable and it's a gift that I will never take for granted.  Choose to forgive by an act of your will.

In doing so, you will set yourself free.  Free from bondage. Don't just think outside of the box, get rid of the box.  Forgive others. 

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth is speaking. Abundance is not just something we acquire.  It is something we tune in to. 

Time heals absolutely nothing unless you choose to move along with it.  The past is a nice place to visit but it is not a good place to stay.

Weak people seek revenge or take potshots at others from across the bow.  

Strong and intelligent people.  They forgive.

Your worst days in recovery are better than your best days in relapse.

I am not starting over. 

Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities. 

Trust your inner guidance system.  Your intuition, instincts. Your spirit. 

You don't need to explain or justify your feelings to anyone. Growth and change can be painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you don't belong.  

We only have NOW.  Today.  

Just let it flow in a judgment free zone.  Thou shalt not judge others because thou has messed up in the past also.

Home is where your recovery is on the pathway to healing. 

Be on the hunt for whom you've not yet become.  Let not your heart be troubled. Stay true to your path and everything will fall into place.  

I have to go to the DMV today and renew my license. This time, I have to take a million documents to prove I yam who I yam.

Who are you when no one else is looking.  That's who you really are. 

Do you round up the carts at the grocery store so they don't hit other peoples vehicles.  I do that.  In doing so,  I hope that someone would do it for me, too. 

I'm always looking for reckless and loose nails thrown everywhere, I pick those up, too. I want to save someone's tires and mine. It's the little things in life that matter. Helping the older folkaronies out to their car when the parking lot is nothing but a skating rink of ice.  These things matter. 

Taking a widow a nice plate of your homecooked food while they're sitting alone, watching the evening news. Go above and beyond.    Strikes and Gutters.  Ups and downs.  The Dude Abides.

I spruced myself up, drove into town and the DMV joint was closed today. I hauled my metal box of documents up the stairs and the lights were out. It wasn't meant to be for some reason. So I milled around and shot the breeze with a few local yocals. I had my warpaint on, hair was beat into a frenzy with an eggbeater...whipped around by the wind. It was a letdown because tomorrow will be Groundhog Day. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm going to invent an 'only in your dreams' machine.  It will be virtual. Every dream will be recorded in vivid detail. That way you can  send it to your friends and family...a dream app with interpretations sold separately.  You won't be able to send very many of them to your hugger or "DH" because there you'll be - riding shotgun with Big Dawg Daddy, ole Tobe...toby k., blake s., tim McG., eric c., luke b., or keith u. and it just wouldn't be prudent.   black eye1 smiley I have that deja vous all over again feeling, it does seem like we've been here before.

Much Love. Felicias. Much Love. 

Oooo, remember.  You may love comfort food but ironically that's the food that makes you feel the most uncomfortable after eating it. 

Archived