Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

US 26/287 Wind River Lake - West

Here's how the Easter egg hunt is going down. basket smiley

This is also how I made a clean getaway with throwing the remnants of large economy sized bags of HFCS gummy bears out the window when I'd had my fill.

After all, they weren't going to be found until summer and I figured the squirrels would need a snackity snack when they were coming out of hibernation.  

I don't do that anymore.

I threw them off of balconies into the snowbanks below where I lived. Peeples would ask who in the hail is throwing all of these gummy bears into the snowbanks.

I would shrug my shoulders and reply....only someone who's nuttier than a fruitcake would do something like that.

That's just the way food addiction with massive rationalization rolls.   all ears smiley  

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you need or want to relax.  Listen to Verdi.

I have been drawn to Latin whenever I need to stay calm in the midst of some very stressful life events. Instinctively. I didn't know why until I read this.

Yesterday, I turned it on for my folks. Paw fell asleep and I gave Maw a facial, put on her makeup and fixed her hair. I need Latin to soothe my nerves. It's good medicine.

I believe in pulling what we need from lots of different sources.

A bunch of sugar avoidance. A heaping spoonful of MacNut oil, more than a tad of intuitive eating, a whopping boatload of ethical animal husbandry, an embracement of simplicity, a soothe with Latin, a touch of love and mostly just motivating myself because who else can do it for you. 

"According to new research, slow music with a 10-second repetitive cycle has a noticeable calming effect on listeners because it matches the body’s natural 10-second waves of blood-pressure control.

The music of Verdi, the most calming pieces of music because they happen to be rich in 10-second cycles that match perfectly the control rhythm of the cardiovascular system, said Professor Peter Sleight, of Oxford University.

Blood pressure measurements are sent to the brain after every heartbeat, but because the brain sends control messages back to the heart along two separate nerves operating at different speeds, they arrive out of phase with one another and only come back into phase once every 10 seconds, he explained."

Music with a 10-second rhythm is likely to have a calming influence because of the natural cycle controlling blood pressure, Professor Sleight said. He will describe the study today at the British Cardiovascular Society Conference in Manchester. “When we picked up some music by Verdi it was quite clear that he seemed to know instinctively about this when he composed his 10-second arias,” Professor Sleight.

“Our research has provided improved understanding as to how music can affect your heart and blood vessels. The the real  therapeutic role of music.”

It is not just music that has a calming influence on blood pressure. Professor Sleight and his colleague Luciano Bernardi found that prayers spoken in Latin, also has a 10-second rhythm when read outloud, as it is in Italy."

I used to investigate all kinds of churches. Everything.  I would go and take it all in. I had a desire to know the why, why, whys of what makes peoples tick.

It's not my intention at all to be Mrs. Peevy Preachy Pants. annoying smileyI do not have all of the answers. Each of us only know in part but it did rub off on me. If you only knew the things I used to do to find the answers I was looking for.

It's a balancing act to blend and square it with your culture and ancestry. I'm happy to report that I can do it.

We live in a complex time. Setting some much needed boundaries is important for the Whole person. I lean on the spiritual side of me because the other two nitwits aren't much help.  Body. Mind.

I only share my experiences with food addiction and binge eating in hopes that they will help someone with similar quirks like me.

Is this not the path that was chosen to set the captive free?

Me.

Death from lack of cheetos and gummy bears seems unlikely. Hope the veggies are still your best friends and you're getting some relief from deliberately engineered to be craved Big Kahuna trigger foods.

Every fiber of your being does not want you to give up HFCS or sugar. Much Love to anyone else being suxed under a tidal wave of pressure and food cravings.  

The answers for breaking free from food addiction cycles are so unique for each of us.  I just know that binge eating doesn't solve the problems that make us sad or stressed or even uber food happy. 

It only adds to them.  It's worth it to keep breaking all of the cycles so we can heal.

Take a hike.

It's really great to see the new buds and new green growth poking UP through the white stuff. Cough, cough.

The male grizz are the first to mill around and shoot the breeze with the Universe. They've been coming out for a few weeks now. The Mama Grizz and kids will be coming out later and will be hungrier than a bear. Hardy har har. There's nothing hungrier than a grizz coming out of hibernation.

So keep your eyes wide open. 

I used to take a field book with me to identify the new growth but Felicias, we just ain't got the time for that when grizzlies are coming out.

Keep your head UP and stay alert at all times. You can't rest on all of your past laurels out there on the trail. 

Remember what Paw says about those who show off on their horse or 4wheeler or jetski or bike or snowmobile or any rec vehicle...it's not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN.

Don't show off out there on the trail either. You've only got one hiney and when it's gone, that's all she wrote.  

Pride comes before the fall. Don't ever show off for yourself or others. Stay rock steady and keep everything rational and not reactive.  

You can take a very quick pix and identify the flowers later. Be sure to take your bear spray. Don't wear your brand new Chanel Chance or moosy mossy herbal essential oils. You'll be a walking billboard, a blinking neon sign and someone's snackity snack.

Taking all of your snacks with you is not a good idea in the springtime. They can peel a tin can like you can peel a banana. Granola bars and candy bars and paleo bars...sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug er bar.  

Make as much noise as you can out there when you take it back outside. Sing at the top of your lungs, wear a cowbell around your neck and don't surprise or sneak up on a hungry grizz.

This kind of talk = how Paw talks.

We don't call it tough love.

He says...You've got to use that head besides something to part your ears with. His kind of talk sends the message out LOUD and clear.

It's not reverse psychology and it's not a double dog dare, it comes from experience and being a watchman on the wall. Watching others get hurt when it did not have to happen.

Learning to listen to your instincts and the voice inside that says don't go up there around the bend, turn around and head back for the barn.  

It takes practice, practice, practice.

Image result for photos rational and not reactive  deming

Learning to listen to your instincts and the voice inside, you've got to go back to roots and pull the root rot out.

There comes a time when you no longer want to bumble around in the dark.  

You have to want it with everything within your being. 

Resolute. Determined. Wild horses couldn't pull you away from your desire to change and survive. You are bent on survival.

Why do you keep starting over and over and over again?

If you did that at your workplace, you wouldn't be there for long. They'd boot your hiney down the road. For real.

Why do you get up every morning, right on time to make it to your job?

I know.  It's survival baby.  Without your job you can't put food on the table or keep the lights on.  Survival matters more than anything.

So why don't you care about yourself enough to get UP on time and actually put some food on your table.

Just think what a better hand you'll be when you get to your workplace.

You have survival instincts but you're selective how you use them.

That's how the nitwits work.  The body and mind. They are in cahoots with one another.  They don't give a diddlywhop if you ever change your stinkin' thinkin'. 

They are more than willing to run roughshod over you and your desire to change.  The real you, your spirit wants it more than anything.

So let your spirit come to center stage. Step aside you couple of goofballs, I'm coming through.  Let nothing deter you.

Pull yourself UP by the bootstraps and start caring about yourself.  No one can do it for you.

I care.

If you care about the Whole 30, you will complete a Reintro Process.

You will pay homage and honor the Whole 30 pioneers who've gone before you. They paved the way and that deserves following through in the manner it was written.

It will flip the switch on your stinkin' thinkin'.

If you don't do one, you're secretly dieting.  You will be doomed to repeat the weight loss and weight gain cycles because you've not in the right head space.

You want to turn all of the old habits UPside down on their head.  Do everything in reverse. Reverse engineer all of steps that brought you here with a full blown food addiction.

You don't want to keep relapsing never to be heard from again = Your tail between your legs and head hanging down like ole Tom Dooley.

Nooo, Felicias, Nooo.  

You've got to keep caring about yourself. There's no such thing as the Finish Line with your overall health and well being.

Follow through with a thoughtful Reintro.  You were meticulous for 30 days...what was that for if you're not going to do a Reintro.   

Don't you want to go back to the days of your youth when everything came so naturally with great ease?  

There is a way without weigh.  When you were a child, you weren't scale hopping to validate yourself.  The scale, the scale, the scale.  The mindwarp.

Remember when you cared about everything but that wasn't even a fig newton in your imagination.  

Go back to the well and  days of your wild and reckless imagination.  The sky is not the limit and it never was.

Don't let anyone take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.

Allow your spirit and instincts to make the decisions now. No longer thinking outside of the box but getting rid of the box.

Keep moving and motivating yourself.  

You can't rest on past successes. That dog won't hunt.

We only have TODAY.   

Reintro is threading the needle.

A reintro is going to stitch back together all of the broken ways of eating and habits that no longer serve you.

You're going back through time and undoing the habits and finding the offenders.

A meticulous 30 days deserves a thoughful reintro or you're just bumbling along and mostly...you are secretly dieting.

I know this is not a diet - but, but, but, but.

Those 'buts' are the handwriting on the wall. You are dieting. 

Until you get off the rollercoaster, running on the dreadmill, gerbil wheel way of thinking...you can't access your survival instincts.  You have them because you get UP every morning and drive to work, finding your way to the breakroom and back to your desk.

You've buried the real you and shoved all of your feelings down with thrill eating.  

Be a Post WHole Digger. Dig out the dirt. Get a backhoe and pull the root rot out. 

Undoing the layers and layers of wasted time and years. Undoing the laces and laces of bondage. I'm not starting over. It took so long to get here. 

Take care of yourself like you take care of your job.

That's my epiphany and I'm sticking to it. You defend your turf at work, guard your position and hover over it like a hawk. 

You get your hindend out of bed every single day and it's hey waitress, Pour me another cuppa coffee

Pop it down

Jack me UP

Shoot me out

Flyin' down the highway

Lookin' for the mornin'

Lookin' for a better way

Lookin' for a sunny day

If you treated your own life the way you take care of your job or career, think how much further ahead you would be. 

Drink water like it's your job

Do a Whole 30 like it's your job

Eat protein like you mean it

Limit insulin excursions

Cook your food with wild and reckless abandon

Mistakes repeated more than once are a decision

If you kept making the same mistakes on your job, your hindend would be down the road.

There's always, always a grace period for the noobs but eventually the older hands kick out all of the props and you're on your own, sista.

You have to want to finish strong and do the right things when no one else is watching over you.

From beginning to end.  Day 1 Whole 30 and all the way through the Reintro Process.  

It's the training ground that prepares the way for finding true stability with your weight and food.

The Whole 30 is the bootcamp that prepares you for the battles out there in the real world.

Template. Template. Template.

Say it outloud to yourself. When you're on the razor's edge of falling back into deliberately engineered to be craved foods and finely tuned snacks, say it Loud and Proud.

Those Big Kahuna Trigger foods really are the weapons of mass DIS-traction.  Dis-eating.

It's not bragging if it's true. Those nitwits, Body and Mind can be a virtual fountain of useless information.

Overresearching, overthinking, overanalyzing...where did it ever get you.

When your body cues are knocking up against the rocks due to a lifetime of dieting, you've got to go back to the well.

Remember when.

Remember when you were a child and you were not thinking through the bias of someone else's think so's. You were using your own head besides something to part your ears with.

You had to think fast on your feet, instinctively.

Out of the abundance of a child's heart..their mouth speaks. In there is the wisdom of the ages. They say the most profound things and you can take it to your Goodwill Bank.

They are all heart and beautiful.

Then one day they go to school and maybe they suffer the slings and arrows of bullies. Sticks and stones break their bones and harsh words do, too.

The child starts developing coping mechanisms.They shut down and start shoving all of their emotions down with food or some other behavior.

It breaks the heart of a parent to see their child hurting and the good parent will walk through the fire for their child.  Life ain't easy for a kid. It ain't easy for an adult.

Connection with others is good medicine. We are all in this thing called life together. 

Today. I heard on the radio that the depression rates  have skyrocketed during this month of April.  I get it. I know what they're talking about and you do, too.

These are difficult days and it's hard to shake it all off. We're keeping one eye open as we go to sleep.

How do we swing the mountain of momentum the other way. Remember that momentum is a gift. I don't ever take it for granted.

We start with us and we do the best we can every single day.  I'm saying my prayers because the spiritual side of me is the best part.  I can't rely on those other two nitwits.

They live for distraction and enjoy thrill eating.

We have to address the headgames we play with ourselves every single day.  That's what this is all about.

Fat is not a feeling.

Trying to get skinny will keep you fat.

Yo-Yo diet cycles of hail will ruin your relationship with food.

Find activities you love and do all of them on your own terms.

ALL movement counts. 

Dance around the house and Take A Hike.

Be a watchman on the wall.  Keep your eyes wide open at all times. Keep your ear to the ground.

Give someone else a hand UP today. 

Push all of those loose shopping carts back into their proper bin. 

Save someone's car from catching a big dent due to the wind.

Don't hold yourself back.

Your old approaches will no longer serve you.

If you keep starting over and over and over again...

This tells me you were doing things you didn't want to do just in the name of weight loss.

This is the recipe for gaining all of the weight back.

So if you're UP for a rodeo and you know I am, let's keep going and let's get stronger with each passing day.

That is the way to swing the mountain of momentum the other direction.

I like Big Dog Daddy, ole Tobe.  But you are as good once as you always were.  You are good.  You is loved. You is extra special, Felicias. 

Much Love.  Much Love. 

I'm back. That was a bizarre 4 hours. I felt like I just got suxed through the TV set and I was in some other realm.

Everyone else was having fun on the forum and I could only look through the windows. It appears to be fixed now.

There's no place like home, no place like home. Just don't say beetlejuice 3 times, whatever you do.  

http://whole9life.com/2011/09/nutrition-in-60-seconds/

Nutrition in 60 Seconds

I eat real food – fresh, natural food like meat, vegetables and fruit.  I choose foods that are nutrient-dense, with lots of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, over foods that have more calories but less nutrition.  And food quality is important – I’m careful about where my meat, seafood and eggs come from, and buy organic local produce as often as possible.

This is not a “diet” – I eat as much as I need to maintain strength, energy, activity levels and a healthy body weight.  I aim for well-balanced nutrition, so I eat both animals and a significant amount of plants.  I’m not lacking carbohydrates – I just get them from vegetables and fruits instead of bread, cereal or pasta.  And my meals are probably higher in fat than you’d imagine, but fat is a healthy source of energy when it comes from high-quality foods like avocado, coconut and grass-fed beef.

Eating like this is ideal for maintaining a healthy metabolism and reducing inflammation within the body.  It’s good for body composition, energy levels, sleep quality, mental attitude and quality of life.  It helps eliminate sugar cravings and reestablishes a healthy relationship with food.  It also works to minimize your risk for a whole host of lifestyle diseases and conditions, like diabetes, heart attack, stroke and autoimmune.

So there you have it – 60 seconds that concisely summarizes, “Why I eat the way I eat.” So spread the Good Food Word and explain your dietary choices to friends, family, co-workers and nosy neighbors in a way that is approachable, relatable and, most importantly, maintains a positive spin on why we eat the way we do. 

"It sounds like you tend to use food to help manage stress and anxiety. Lots of people do. Then when you do a Whole30, you take away coping strategies - food as relief, comfort, reward, distraction, etc - but you don't have substitutes. The pressure builds and you then give way to binges. I think the key is to find new coping strategies for dealing with stress and anxiety. When you learn how to use new techniques effectively, I bet the pressure to binge will drop sharply."  Tom Denham 

If you keep starting over and over and over again...

This tells me you were doing things you didn't want to do just in the name of weight loss.

This is the recipe for rebounding and falling back into all of the old habits.

"The key is to find new coping strategies for dealing with stress and anxiety." 

You have to replace all of the old habits with positive ones.

I don't bring the offenders home. It's as simple as that.

I can manage them when I go out with others. I can dip my toes back into the sugary sharky waters but the insulin excursions are not worth it.

If you don't have T1 or T2, the insulin excursions may always be worth it but not for me. 

Alcoholics have to give up alcohol.  For real. 

White bread spikes your blood sugar up like white sugar.

White rice, white flour, white pasta, white flour bakery items...they're broken down into sugars which enter the bloodstream.

They lead to more insulin resistance.

Your body can't tell the difference between white sugar and upside down sugars and something really artificial. I don't drink sodas, real or artificial. 

I don't eat hotdogs or processed lunchmeats. I don't eat plastic fish - artificial crab and crab salads.

I don't eat fastfood burgers with plastic cheese and french fries. I don't eat plastic chicken nuggets.

Deliberately engineered to be craved and finely tuned snack foods are out. I'm a product of my raising and genetics.

Falling back into all of the old destructive habits that brought me here in the first place is not an option.

Things I could get away with as a child are no longer an option or reality.  I practice can't fool myself realism.

Coaching and motivating myself, milling around and shooting the breeze with the Universe has made all of the difference for me.

If you do what you've always done you will get what you've always gotten.

I am not starting over and I'm not falling back into full blown diabetes. 

The mind is often a virtual fountain of useless information when you're faced head on with the trickery triggers staring you directly in the eye.

It's at that very moment you must react and respond to them.  There may not be another soul around for 100's of miles to pull you out of a tailspin.

It's going to take true grit.

There will be days when you throw everything up against the wall from your positive food management tool kit.  cavity search smiley

The alcoholic has to do it, too. They have to manage working with clients or schmoozing it UP with the boss, being in the midst of drinkers every where they go. Peer pressure on every side.

They get ahold of themselves.  Snap out of it!

You talk to yourself and you have to stand up for yourself. No one has to live in your body.

You don't let anybody take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.  

You fight for yourself.  No more rope-a-dope for you. 

You're floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.

The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.

That's why.  I don't bring the offenders home. 

My hands can't hit what my eyes can't see.

Image result for posters sting like a butterfly meme

Archived