Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Have you heard about OMAD.  It's all the rage and it's going to solve everyone's problems with weight and it's a new take on IF/dieting.

You eat One Meal A Day. 

Within 1 hour's time, you take in all of your food for the day and preferably, it should be at noontime.

The theory goes that you only have one insulin excursion per day.  It doesn't matter what you eat, just get it all in there within the hour.

When the clock strikes 1 pm, you're done.

Next.

It's the answer to all of your problems and WINNING. You'll finally get the victory over food and fat. The sky is not the limit. Extreme thigh gap is just a few OMAD's away.

You can fried taters, mashed taters, virtually eat a Thanksgiving dinner every single day at noontime. Rolls, butter, punkin pie, whipped cream, jello salad, green bean casserole with those fried onion rings on top. Pizza, pasta, falling back into bread bowls filled with noodles, margaritas with nachos, guinness with pizza and wine with popcorn.

o12.jpg

The sky is not the limit. If you can dream, you can eat it. If you build it, they will come. A virtual food fest every day at lunchtime within 1 hour's time.

The first few days of the OMAD timeline, it will be hard but eventually, your stomach that is normally the size of a football, maybe you can stretch that baby out to the size of a basketball.

WLS reduces your stomach to the size of a banana for comparison.

So you stuff the football to the gills each and every day. Like magic, you're releasing weight like cray cray shizz.

26THANKSG-LISTY-jumbo.jpg

If you believe that I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona and if you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate Bridge in for free.

If you amass large quantities of fried foods in a short amount of time you might get a gallbladder attack and it ain't gonna be worth it but maybe you'll be dropping it like it's hot.  Cough cough.

OMAD coupled with IF which is not technically IF if you do it every single day but nonetheless, you can eat what and how much you want and the theory goes eventually your body will settle in and really enjoy this way of eating for the rest of your life.

You're going to be burning fat and dropping it like it's hot. Oooo, it really helps if you'll drink ACVinegar at every meal, too.  Alcoholic drinks and milkshakes...you're welcome, too. If it's raining nachos UP in there and potato chips are sweeping you off your feet, just go along for the ride.  It's all fun really, until it isn't.

The football becomes a basketball and so much for healing those hormones. The basketball might actually become a wheelbarrow by the time it's all over but you're healed.

Ooooo, pshaw. What a bunch of hooey and bologna.

There's always another streetcar coming around the corner that promises you the moon.  If dieting really worked, you would do one diet, one time and be fixed for life.

One diet is never enough and it never will be.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather peoples calling for more snow today and all week long. It's about 20 degrees colder than normal temps. I need a whole lotta love because the snow started on Labor Day weekend and it hasn't stopped since then. This has definitely been a record winter to remember. 

I'm just milling around, waiting for a Chinook. The pesky tourists will be showing up soon, thinking the sunshine is free. It comes with a mighty high price.  

US 26/287 Wind River Lake - West

See that weather ^^^. Would you say a prayer for Maw and me, Felicias. We've got to head out together to a larger city, with a larger hospital and she has to have an emergency heart surgery. She's been under a tremendous amount of stress. She's had two before this one. Bear and my sista will be taking care of Paw. It's a 500 mile round trip. We need travel mercies, miracles and much love, Felicias.  Much Love. 

Every single day that goes by without a good hearty horselaugh in your life, the ground gets colder.

I don't judge the sober-sided, stern and humor-challenged. Technically, having a sense of humor is optional but recommended while navigating your way through the Universe. It is a recommendation and not a requirement.

Technically, you can eat larabars every day and act sillier than a mongoose or act nuttier than a fruitcake... Especially during life's emergencies. 

you_made_a_funny__mongoose_rofl__by_jaffa_tamarin-d6txr8r.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't leave home without it. Some only take it out on occasion and others will not get it.

You should go to great lengths to laugh at least once a day. Children laugh all of the time because they don't know what it means to be sober as a judge.

Laughter is healing and great for your overall health and wellbeing.  Laughter takes the sting out of pain.

I will forge on and continue to go to great lengths to see someone smile or lift their heavy burdens. That's just the way I roll.

You might assume my feelers would be hurt if someone doesn't get my sense of humor.  Wrong.

Lack of humor awareness only enhances the desired effect and snickery snickers. If you are always sober-minded, remember the Universe has a much better sense of humor than you do.

The Universe is full of suprises.

We are duty-bound to share our smiles and UPlift others, especially in the midst of a real crisis.

It doesn't matter if you have the teeth of a horse or look like a horse, share those horselaughs.  Throw your head back and let it flow, flow, flow.

Maw made it through her heart surgery. It is another Christmas miracle.

She is recovering.

I asked for a miracle and we have it.

I was only inches from a clean getaway, ready to pull out of my driveway to pick her up. It was snowing to the beat the band and it really hasn't stopped snowing. 

I receive the call, an ambulance is on the way to Maw's house and it was very, very serious. They arrive, stabilize and haul her to the hospital. The decision is made to take her by ambulance to the bigger hospital. 

Had I been on the road with Maw, all by myself in the middle of a snowstorm....the Universe had bigger and far better plans.  She arrived their safely and I drove slowly behind in the truck.  The visibility was low.

They stabilized her through the night and her surgery was early in the morning.  I didn't sleep a wink and she didn't either.  Everyone else was at home waiting by the phone.

There are angels of mercy in a good hospital. They are everywhere you look.  At the desks, manning the floors and attending to patients. They work tirelessly, giving their all.  Night-shifters.  Angels of Mercy. UP-lifters.

They may even come up from behind and give you a pat on the back.  Say sweeter and kinder things.  Many have a great sense of humor, for without it, it would be hard to cope on a daily basis.

My grandpaw always said we should be kind to strangers for in doing so you never know when you've just entertained an angel.  It works the other way around, too.

I went down to the gift store and picked out an angel gift for Maw. It's beautiful and a reminder that prayers work and the Universe has a better solution when multi-crap is hitting the fan.

We have all lived to see another day and I'm grateful and thankful for that.  We are bent on survival.

We are all in this thing called life together and it ain't easy. Keep your sense of humor. If you don't have one, you need to start working on that muscle memory. It's still there, you've let it slip.  

I am deeply humbled by the angels of mercy who give it their all when they're so tired and worn out. Until they're better paid as Paw always says.  One day, they'll get their wings, too.

You know the much ballyhooed saying..You got this and We got this. Sometimes that's a bunch of hooey.

There are days when multi-crap hits the fan and everything you say and do marshes someone else's mellow. You may not say a cotton pickin' thing, just look at someone the wrong way and they fall apart.

When your back is against the wall and everyone is stressed out to the max, you have to keep your cool when the peaceful easy feeling just flew the coop or over the cuckoo's nest.

Everyone's nerves are set on edge. Fear of the unknown does that. It causes our loved ones to snap and take potshots at one another from across the bow.

I did not say my sister's eyewear is ugly. But now that's a thing and it's chomp on my hineytime. For everything. Open season.

Go ahead and hit me with your best shot. Rope-a-dope time. Swift upper cut and right hook to the imaginary jaw, powerful punches and jabs. 

My knees are wobbling and I'm down for the count, laying there in the ring. Throw a bucket a water into my face and I can hear shouts from the ring, get back UP on your feet and start dancing.  Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. 

That's the overall picture of what's going on around this joint.  Stress to the max.  Take it to the limit and ramp the engine up. Taking care of others ain't easy and quite often, thank you's will not be forthcoming.  In fact, there may be more eye opening surprises.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth really speaks.  The truth is really in there. You'd better be ready for it.

I am humbled by the angels of mercy in the hospital. They're cool as cucumbers, most of them. Keeping it all together in the midst of one crisis after another, day after day.  It's their job and somebody has got to do it.

They serve and serve and serve others. Unsung heroes. Do we have a national nurses day. We should.

My overall plan and strategy going forward is to just say yes. Yes. Uh huh. Ayup. Okey dokey.  Mighty fine and I'll have another cuppa patience with my humble pie. 

I'll take my cue from the children and dogs.  They love unconditionally.

I have to get back in the ring today. Nutricalm can't begin to touch this. I have taken magnesium along with stress B vitamins. It helps for about 15 minutes. I'm just a hound dog yakkin' on a bone. 

Eat some simple good food today. Pare it down and agree with everything.  There are days you've got to keep everything on an even keel - no matter what the wind may be blowing in.

Don't be shy.  Tell me how you really feel.

Toughness is being able to overcome obstacles.  You can't feel sorry for yourself.

Fear is contagious. It spreads like a wildfire. When you start feeling sorry for yourself - you can literally feel your strength and power leave you. 

For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. But the time for crying and falling apart comes later.

I've lost track of time and everything is blending together. I was present and there was peace.

The most difficult thing is knowing when you walk away, you'll never see their face again on this earth. Young or old, it matters not.

I've found a few pennies on the ground, here and there. One of Bear's favorite songs is Pennies From Heaven.  Paw wanted a fan because his face was hot. We couldn't find one anywhere so Bear constructed one with paper plates, a ruler and duct tape. 

It was only one day later after he was gone and someone came up to my mother and asked her if she wanted a brand new yellow fan. It's made out of nylon and when you open up its' little carrying case, it springs into position.  We couldn't believe it.  More pennies from heaven. Maw cried.

Signs.  We've been reading the signs along the way.

When I look back at all of the time I've been here, W30 was keeping me company while I was keeping them company.  Win. Win.

Yesterday, I met a stranger who's doing Whole 30.  We were able to visit about everything and it was comforting.  I've been able to sleep for a few hours the last couple of nights. It's only been a couple of days but everything is different. 

Food isn't very important right now but good food makes everyone feel better.  Bear's been cooking up a storm. He's always thinking about the day's menu and what Maw would like.  He says good food is very important for healing. All of our folkaronies knew this 100's of years ago.  Yours and mine. 

Until we meet again, friends.  Much Love.  Much Love. 

I'll be back, there's more healing to do.  It ain't over until the healed lady sings.

• Administrators
On 2017-5-6 at 7:10 AM, MeadowLily said:

For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. But the time for crying and falling apart comes later.

Paw crossed over the great divide. No more pain and suffering.

Aw, I am so, so sorry, @MeadowLily, my thoughts are with you and your family. :( 

Everyone experiences grief in a different way. It is not black and white. Some move forward with a deep inner calm and others are full of nervous energy, rushing around doing things, packing things and bouncing off the walls. It is not a question of either/or.  Showing no emotions or letting emotions rule to the point you can't function.

It is entirely possible to maintain a sense of composure while expressing genuine loss and grief. True honor can be shown to the one who's passed.

I am working on a deep inner calm while others are running around and trying to catch their breath and breathe normally. Suppressing emotions  in order to appear in control doesn't always work either.

We have to grieve in the way that seems appropriate for each of us. I'm glad we've had a few more days to try and work through everything.  I don't believe there's really such a thing as closure. Close the book and just move on. Next.

Our memories stay with us forever. Time doesn't bring closure either. Time changes the way we see things.

Who wants to erase the good with the difficult. Leonard Cohen said there's a crack in everything.  That's how the light gets in.

We don't get over our loved ones. They're the gifts that keep on giving.  How we react to what happens to us is important. We're not meant to get over those who've gone before us.

They give us courage and bravery. When it's our time, knowing that they're there waiting for us takes the fear away. The first one out of the chute is the bravest of all.

We're making good food. Some aren't eating but it's there. It's really important to focus on protein and our immune systems at times like these.  It's our choices that determine our destiny. 

Dogs are good therapy. I went to the Vet today for some dog bones. I didn't know there were two registered therapy dogs there. One named Angel, stood by legs and the Vet said that she wanted me to sit down. She's a big golden retriever. She threw her large paws around my neck and laid her head on my shoulder.  I hugged her really tight and told her she was the most wonderful dog in the entire world. She didn't let me go.  Now that was some real therapy. When she was finished, she jumped back down and laid on her big air pillow. Therapy dogs are shock absorbers. They can only absorb so much and they need to be tended to so they don't deplete their own batteries.  

It was the best part of this day.  Dogs really are a human's best friend.

Eat for the Bee's Knees. When bees flit from flower to flower, the nectar sticks to their knees. The Bee's Knees mean sweet and good.

The knees of the bees are where all of the sweet things are collected. The Bee's Knees have nothing to do with moving around really fast. That is an error.

The Bee's Knees also means the height of excellence. Paw always said the Bee-all's to End-all's or the B's and E's. 

Eat for the Bee's Knees....concentrated goodness is in the knees. You want strong knees, eat your collagen peptides. Let your knee joints return back to their original factory settings.

Without strong knees, you're in a world of hurt.

Knees are a barometer of how much inflammation is in your body.  Stiff, achy joints and muscles around the knees...Felicias, you don't want to go out like that.

Everyday, I'm telling myself - Eat for the Bee's Knees.

Sugar, white flour, transfats, deliberately engineered to be craved foods - something really artificial and chemical additives bring inflammation into your joints and muscles.

The Greeks and Italians know, they've always known, that guarding against inflammation is key. They eat one clove of garlic or 1/4 cup of onions daily to stop inflammation in its tracks. They eat them especially when they've eaten inflammation triggers.

Your body sends out the flags and give you signs when your inflammation level is way too high. Your knee joints hurt and you must guard, protect and defend them.

Eat for the Bee's Knees.

https://whole30.com/2012/08/carrot-train-to-crazytown/

Remember the Carrot Train to Crazytown. Felicias Oooo Felicias, lets talk about carrots.

Eating at least 3 cups of carrots weekly can help lower your risk of heart damaging inflammation by 42%, according to Harvard University. Research it and seek that out.

Carotenoids help white blood cells knock inflammation out of your body. That includes viruses, too.

You can fade age spots by slathering carrot oil onto your skin. It protects the skin from sun damage and delays aging. Bear says that those who deliberately tan look as old as a pair of leathered up saddlebags for a Harley.

Carrots and carrot oil prompt cells to turn over and regenerate..bringing your radiant beauty to the surface. Your innermost being is where true beauty comes from but you can help matters along with carrot oil and carrots. 

I will be hopping on the Carrot Train. All aboard!

Paw's Italian doctor at the end....Ooooo, how I wish we'd known her sooner rather than later but she is wise. She told all of us, I want you to eat real food.  Don't drink any fruit juices, they are nothing but concentrated sugars that contribute to diabetes. Eat real fruit. Eat that orange and eat that apple.  Eat as many vegetables as you can withhold every day.  Eat fish, fish, fish and really good proteins.  Eat a handful of nuts and stay away from white flour biscuits, noodles, too much white rice and brown rice is not really any better. Eat those things on occasion. Stick with vegetables and real fruit for healing.
Don't drink milk.  Eat something cultured like quality greek plain yogurt and even cottage cheese but not plain milk. Kefir, kombucha and kimchi. You know the drill. 

It's not what we do some of the times but what we do most of the time that matters.

Let's keep riding, milling around and shooting the breeze with the Universe.

Archived