Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWWD?

I choose Winston because everything that becomes political divides us. 

Winston has flown over the chicken coop. I find his encouragement in the face of adversity and leadership still motivating. Winston faced the fire and kept on going.

I can only surmise what Winston would say about clean eating and training like a beast out there on the battlefield. Soldiers and warriors should train and eat very well.  It's their life on the line.

He'd spur them on to greatness with courage. Winston would help them find the greater purpose.

Food Addiction Recovery = You'll have to engage your brain along every step to recovery.  You can't go through the motions in that unconscious remote control mode.

If dieting actually worked for food addiction, it would only take One Diet. One Time.

That diet would fix all of your problems.  Kick the door shut and slap your tiny hiney.  Done.

ROFL.  I just found a poster that fits.

bbe030fee5f441048b05777532c43662.jpg

f4a26fa47cb9cb54224123452835c9ac--rebel-

Behold another elephant.

Got all of those alternative flour products in your pantry.

Paleo Snack Mats filled to the gills with GF flours? They can Jack UP your blood sugar faster than you can say Clean Eating.  GF paleo snacks still cause insulin excursions.  Pick your hard. Choose your Snack Mats wisely.

Wheel and dealing with the unscrupulously and scheming deliberately engineered to be craved foods...don't fall for wolves in sheep's clothing.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-27-at-9.32.31-AM-950

FourWheelerGretchen.jpg

Wheeling and dealing.  

One time, I went to that same juke joint that Gretchen sings about. Paw told me not to gooo. He said I don't ever want to see your shadow darken the door of a bar. You've got no business in there.  Nothing good will come of it.  He was right.

I went. A cowgirl, a stranger punched me in the chest and knocked me to the floor. I fell to my knees. I didn't get my teeth knocked out but it was a brutal lesson. She had a beer bottle in her hand and was going to knock me over the head with it.  The Bouncer finally game to my rescue.

Paw knew. He had discernment.

My shadow doesn't darken the door of juke joints like that. Not ever again. 

Much Love. Tanto Amore.

And yes. The Boss is still watching. Keep everything on the UP and UP. Mind your P's and Q's. That is all.

Hutlifr, I'm sorry about your Mom. Laurie, stay strong for your Mom.

It's not easy losing your parents.

A million times we needed you

A million times we cried

In life we dearly loved you

In death we love you still

In our hearts you'll hold a place

That no one can ever fill

It breaks our hearts to lose you

But you didn't go alone

Part of us went with you

The day you went Home

“If it is unappetizing: Do not eat, date, or sign up for it. If the mere thought of it is depressing: Do not major in it, sit through it, or devote your life to it. If it is not important to you: Do not do it only because it is important to someone else. You will thank yourself”
Jessica Hagy

gerbil-wheel-pic.jpg

I will not run on the dreadmill.

A folkaronie weighed in at the weight loss club. She was .5 of a pound under the goal weight. They told her she would be kicked out of being a 'weight loss lifer champion' if she didn't gain that .5 of a pound back. She told them, I even ate 3 donuts this week.  The weight loss general said, I hate you,  I really hate you. I don't even want to hear about that. Now, she has to get a dr.'s permission slip to stay in the club or it's off with her tiny hiney. They'll put her on the rack and make her eat more donuts.

rack-of-ribs.jpg?quality=100

We all have our achilles heels in life to bear.

I'm back from the ridge. I was milling around and just shooting the breeze with the Universe.

The unction function kicked in and something dropped into my spirit. We've gotta keep our eyes on the horizon like a watchman on the wall.

Much Love. Tanto Amore. 

Do you like to chew gum and walk at the same time?

Heckatoot, the ancient Greeks did it along with all kinds of ancient peoples.

They used tree resin and it served a real purpose.

There's an excellent rationale for this long-standing cultural habit: Gum is an effective booster of mental performance, conferring all sorts of benefits without any side effects.

The latest investigation - see here of gum chewing comes from a team of psychologists at St. Lawrence University. The experiment went like this: 159 students were given a battery of demanding cognitive tasks, such as repeating random numbers backward and solving difficult logic puzzles. Half of the subjects chewed gum (sugar-free and sugar-added) while the other half were given nothing. Here's where things get peculiar: Those randomly assigned to the gum-chewing condition significantly outperformed those in the control condition on five out of six tests. (The one exception was verbal fluency, in which subjects were asked to name as many words as possible from a given category, such as "animals.") The sugar content of the gum had no effect on test performance.

While previous studies achieved similar results – chewing gum is often a better test aid than caffeine – this latest research investigated the time course of the gum advantage. It turns out to be rather short lived, as gum chewers only showed an increase in performance during the first 20 minutes of testing. After that, they performed identically to non-chewers.

The act of chewing wakes us up, ensuring that we are fully focused on the task at hand.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21645566

Protein Powders = Baby formula for adults

They're denatured protein. Created in a lab and manufactured in a plant.  You can survive on them but you will not thrive on them.

The gains you make with protein powders are temporary.

There are functional muscles and there are show muscles.

Show muscles like those used in body building competitions can be large, well-defined and effective in the gym for working out.

The rubber meets the road when you can take them out of the gym and they are functional whenever and wherever true strength is required.

Show muscles can be absolutely beautiful.  An art form.

Functional muscles = TNT dunamis power whenever duty calls.

Functional muscles are not built in a day.

Have you ever seen a 250 lb baby. There's little to be gained from adults eating baby food. It's trendy.

Baby food was not formulated for adults. It was created for babies who cannot chew. Protein powders fall right in there.

Functional muscles showed UP when Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast. 

Wherever they went...they were met great kindness and true appreciation for what they can do when duty calls. Whopping boatloads and truckloads of functional muscles showed up to restore the TNT dunamis power and other necessities that make life tolerable and BEARable.

Functional muscles would show UP in a deli and the east coasters were so darned happy to see all of them there helping them recover that they said you don't need to pay for this meal, it's on us.

Functional muscles had never seen the likes of those enormous pastrami deli sandwiches and other east coast favorites.  They treated all of the functional muscles with generosity of spirit and kindness.  A beautiful thing. 

In times of great emergencies, americans do pull together. Nothing divides us when someone needs a helping hand and functional muscles.

I'm proud as a peacock of what they can do. It is an art form to behold. They're smooth operators when faced with the fire of adversity.

Create your own positive food management plan and make sure it's real food in real amounts. You never know when your functional muscles will be called upon at a moment's notice. Be ready.

Archived