Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Functional muscles and show muscles.

Show muscles look good in clothes and they can strike a pose.

I used to go out with show muscles. He was always striking a pose while I was trying to watch something on the TV. He would stand in front of the TV and flex those babies.  I was bored out of my mind and I pretended that I was watching but really, I was watching the news.

He would threw a tee-total ring-tailed fit when he would catch me eyeballing beyond that show. A muscle car is something you keep in the garage, wash and polish it. It seldom goes anywhere. You might take it down to the city park for other motorheads to admire and then put it back in the garage.

Functional muscles go everywhere. They can put a gurney in the back of an ambulance and carry others to safety. They're never bored and don't have the time to take belly selfies or strike a pose in the mirror with a toilet in the background standing in their underpants or gasp, nothing...pruning their feathers.

It's a calling.

Some are sent and some just went. Some spend their entire lifetime caring for and helping others. They are heaven-sent. I'm so proud of all of the emergency medical response teams.  They are heroes.  Legends.

Paw always said....Until you're better paid.  Your rewards and thanks yous may not ever be forthcoming from this old world but one day, you will be rewarded. Greatly. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show muscles used to burn the midnight oil over at the gym while working out.  Then, he really worked out, running all over town, striking a pose, showing everyone what he had. Show muscles was soooo cute, always taking photos of himself. But cute isn't everything.

My Paw showed up to meet him, he ran and hid at some hole in wall. That was the end of show muscles which did not equate to bravery and courage and strength of character to look Paw directly in the eye. That did take true grit.  Bear and Paw were father and son, right to the very end. Functional muscles picked him UP off the floor many times after he would fall. He was there at a moment's notice. He bandaged his wounds and bruises from head to toe. 

It's not bragging if it's true.  Functional muscles, get yourself some.

Functional muscles and Show muscles.

Body. Mind. Spirit.

There are functional muscles and show muscles in these connections, too.

Functional muscles and Show muscles = yin and yang. Two opposites, individual in their properties and qualities.

The Show muscles of the mind are comprised of the ego and super ego. Bloviators, foamers and blatherers, virual fountains of showy and quite often useless information.

The Functional muscles of the mind = Einstein, Winston, Galileo, Leonardo, Newton...not fig, Good Will Hunting and many others.

The Show muscles of the spirit are those who can lead others but it can end up on the road to nowhere. Koolaid drinking. Leading those with seemingly good intelligence to ruin. Those with reasoning and great intellect. How can so many someones - so smart - have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Functional spiritual muscles are comprised of the unction function. Fully functional, discerning truth from false, UP from down, fiction from nonfiction, danger from safety, sounding out the alarm, ringing the bell and pointing yourself towards the right fork in the road. 

We all need fully functional spiritual muscles.  They are a free gift. 

All muscles have to be exercised or they will no longer work.

Functional spiritual muscles have to be used every day of the week or they will wither up and fade away.

The earth is going through a Reset.

Just like a Whole30. 

The Whole 30 is comprised of a timeline. 

When I look at that timeline I can see how it corresponds to the the earth. For Real.

Last night, the earth was ringing like a bell. I couldn't figure out where it came from but today the dawn has come to light.

Compensation movement. That was manmade.

We can't take our eye off the horizon. Mill around and shoot the breeze with the Universe.  Get everything off of your mind that's bothering you. 

Get yourself some Unction Function. Functional spiritual muscles.  Take them out for daily exercise and let them become as strong as twisted steel.

When you catch yourself flexing those babies, puffed UP with pride..check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Pride comes before the fall.

Fully functional spiritual muscles don't operate on pride or protein powder...those will leave you in the dirt and just blowing smoke.

woman-stop-motion-explosive-powder-captu
The earth is going through a Reset. It's been that way since the beginning of the timeline. 

Buffalo Springfield. For What It's Worth.

Let's keep tooling along. Eating our whole foods and keeping our eye on the horizon.  You don't want to be caught with your belly full of HFCS or sugar sugars, not at a time like this.  We need to fully aware of what we are doing.

At the end of the Whole 30, you are hyperaware of what all of that multi-crap can do to you. 

You choose. You decide.

What to leave in and what to leave out. Day by day and month by month. Year by year.  We choose.

I choose fully functional body, mind and spiritual muscles.

Are you valuable to your employer?  

Self-motivated people don't need to be pushed to get their work done.

They know what their purpose in life is and they live it.

Your return on your investment in the valuable employee cannot be measured in dollars and cents. It is measured in sense. Your good sense to keep them around. 

With respect to cost, they're not motivated by rewards.

Self-motivated people are the epitome of humility.

They can rise above hail and high water. Valuable employees can rise above adversity, problems, power failure and loss.

They believe and have faith and trust in others. Their lives depend on it. They can take criticism without throwing a ring-tailed baby fit. They have nerves of blue steel.

They are persistent, consistent and are not afraid to show their vulnerabilities.  They don't have to put on a Show of power. 

They are hard-working and are self-managed. They're marketable.  Employers from all over the world would be glad to get their hands on valuable employees.  They make them offers they can't refuse but often do.

Valuable employees are creative. They are able to see the greater purpose through the lens of freedom. True freedom.

Are you valuable to your employer?

Poor customer service can kill a business faster than you can say Oooooo multi-crap.

It only takes one or two. Customer service is a reflection of who you are when you're not looking.  The good boss can't coast on their laurels.  They've got to keep their eyes on the ball and on the horizon.

It takes a good communicator to keep valuable employees happy. Without connection and communication the valuable employees start jumping ship. 

Functional power and Show power.  Valuable employees know the difference.  They're not going to work for someone who is meaner than a skunk.

Optimism and Happy Awareness is contagious.  However tedious and difficult the task, valuable employees will PULL and work together for a good boss. One who's not afraid to get down in the trenches with them when the going is always tough.

Valuable employees are committed. They work with passion. To see them in action is another art form.  They are beautiful. Legends.

Heroes of every storm.

Yeah, Billy.  I'm talking about your town.  Houston. Stay strong.

Progress belly selfies. Have they changed everything for you then?

Functional Power and Show power.

You're going to have to use your head besides something to part your ears with. Pull all of the dross out of your head to get down to the roots of Food Addiction or any addiction.

Stop editing yourself. You can't spruce up your past. It's over.

Can you discern the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Can you tell when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes.

The Show power of one is irascible. It can result in koolaid drinking. Let's not repeat that history for crying outloud.

I'm not going out like that. Functional power starts with our body, mind and spirit.

Let's not fall back into multi-crap. We've got to stay strong. You never know when duty calls for the power of one to energize many.

Death from lack of cheetos seems unlikely. Set some much needed boundaries. Flying by the seat of your pants doesn't work for the food addict.

These are selfies of my thoughts.

Are you UP for a rodeo?

I promise to bring you home... right back on the Whole 30 timeline.

We are all connected like a wireless internet. Six degrees of separation is more like two.

I can't summon the future at will but I can bring it UP when it's needed.  It's not bragging if it's true.  We all can do that.

The next revolution will be of the mind. The industrial one is behind us. About every 40 years we have a renaissance and we are long overdue. The music changes, everything changes.  They are exciting times. I'm ready.

Some may say we need to get rid of everything that's tech. We're not going to. Nuh huh. Some may say you need to live a mini-mum life and not a maxi-mum life.

That can become legalistic and a new religion. I don't follow koolaid drinking movements, whether it be minimalism or any ism.  It's the ism's that always get us in big trouble. Huge.

Everything that becomes political and religious divides us. So go ahead and throw all of your belongings away. Or don't.  Go ahead and live in a 'tiny house'. Or don't.

When someone tells others what they need to be doing because they're as miserable as all get out and can't see the forest for the trees, you'd better Run Forest Run. We've been down that road before.

Seeing everything through the lens of freedom is where it's at.  You have to know that you are actually locked up before you can set the captive free.  You.

It takes all of us to make this ole world tick. We only know in part. Your part and my part can be a beautiful thing or it can all fall apart. In the blink of an eye.

Good food fixes everything. Bear says that.

We need to load up our very best and take it those who are starving and hungry.  Now, I have no idea logistically how we can make it happen. How we can get it those who need it the most but we should try. 

We need another Thanksgiving Dinner. We'll invite all of our folkaronies and our brothers and sisters from around the world.  We need to sit down and pass the fish, fish, fish and extend the olive branch.  

Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now. Right now.

WWWD? What would Winston do.

Winston says...winstonchurchill1.jpg

Hold onto your hats, cowboys and native americans. This is the wild, wild west. Let'er buck.

While I'm out there on the trail just milling around and shooting the breeze with the Universe I wait for some reverb.  I like reverb but as you can plainly see, I'm out here on this trail alone.  It's alright because I'm no longer editing myself and deleting these selfies of my thoughts.

Our core values start in our childhood. You can let them confine you if you're not careful.  You become rigid in your thinking. You think you need to stay cooped up in the chicken pen.  You don't. 

You can look through the lens of freedom.  No one can take your thoughts away from you. If they try, you're probably hanging around Master Controllers. You'll have to Shawshank it. 

Master Controllers can't control anything in their own life so they try to control yours.  It's a very sad state of affairs but this leads to more koolaid drinking. Everything can become nuttier than a fruitcake when you find yourself controlled by those who want to limit you.

Free people are the happiest people in the world. Others may take potshots from across the bow but you don't give a hoot.

Almost all of our problems start from low self-esteem. This starts in childhood. Nature vs. nurture and all of the rest.  

Low self-esteem core values can become the broken record that you keep playing for yourself and others. You may have played it so long that you become tone deaf.

Out of the abundance of your heart your mouth is speaking. Your addiction introduces you before you say a single word.  Your low self-esteem introduces you, too.

Standing out looking across the horizon is fine but if it doesn't help you pull the dross out of your head, you've got to make a connection.

Sit down with someone.  Face-to-face.  You can't lead others anywhere until you've pulled the dross out of your head.  Master Controllers can and do but you don't want to follow them.

Follow your own heart. Create your own positive food management plan. That's freedom right there.

Give yourself permission to get off the gerbil wheel of dieting and doing all of the exercise you don't want to do in the name of weight loss.

Find activities and movement that you enjoy and do all of them on your own terms.  Do everything on your own terms. 

As long as you're not stepping on someone's toes or taking food away from them, you're in the zone.

Run against the wind or with the wind. Choose what to leave in or what to leave out. Check-Tech yourself before you wreck yourself. Or don't.

I don't see technology going away. What I do see fading into the sunset is farming and ranching. Kids are leaving the farm and not returning.  The ranches are being turned into dude ranches for entertainment. That's sad. I don't know who's going to grow the food or take care of the livestock.

We absolutely have to keep moving. If we don't our muscles will not longer function. We won't be able to walk.

I have my own theories about the first earth age. We were so advanced. We had everything but we lost it because of our pride, arrogance and master controlling.

We still can't figure out how the majestic places were made. We surmise but we're not yet that advanced. We may be one day but then history will repeat itself.

We'll throw it all away like we always do until we learn to use our heads besides something to part our ears with.

Technology is good but if we don't keep moving, we'll rust and fall apart. 

enhanced-buzz-29453-1366908649-14.jpg?do

Full disclosure. I listen to the late night radio when things are cray cray. Now, GN is always wanting to know when full disclosure is coming.

It's not. You can wait until the cows come home but it's  not coming.  Git along lil dogies, git along.

Dig your spurs in, this is going to be another wild ride but I just have to take my mind out of the chute today.

I don't want my mind to be confined and defined by food addiction for the rest of my life.  I take full responsibility for it but there are days you just can't analyze it.  Today is one of those days.

All of those chrome dome creatures, bald as billiard cubes that are always hanging around...I think they've been around since the first earth age.  Somewhere along the line we got too big for our britches, we started messing with genetics and trying to engineer humans and creatures.

Now, they're just waiting until we mess up again. Then they're going to make their move, mill around and blend in. This will come after we've spent so much time at our computers that we can no longer walk.

Our hair will have fallen out and we'll all be chrome domes once again.  Voila, they're baaack.  Honey, I'm home.

Somewhere along the time line, we must have found some secrets of longevity and of course, we messed it up. I think they are long lived but they can't reproduce themselves.  That's why they keep hanging around for crying outloud. 

Which leads me to Bigfoot. We've never seen one but people are always looking for one. Why do they eat deer on this side and use the porta-potty on the other side. We've never found one scintilla of scat. I think we messed up there, too. 

When we deliberately engineer foods to be craved, what's next? We know how it all turns out. Let's not go out like that again.

Well, you know. Strikes and gutters. UPs and down. The Dude Abides.  That about does'er, wraps her all up.

Animals can sense earthquakes and tsunamis.  Remember those elephants that ran for the higher ground. Very few animals were reported to be goners after that last big tsunami. 

Animals have extra senses and can anticipate changes. We're surrounded with smoke and fires right now. Some have been through the flood.  I don't hear the four horsemen but goodness gracious sakes alive we've had some wild swings UP and down since the total solar eclipse.

Everyone here is working on getting off of that merry-go-round with food that doesn't satisfy. They're discovering their Big Kahuna trigger foods.

Some of us are working on remaining Food Sober without any trigger foods at all. Others are dealing with strong cravings or mild cravings. We are all working on ourselves.

I'm simply keeping them company while they tool along.

On the first part of this journey, I didn't have any food freedom at all.  The Whole30 gives you the permission you need not to go on another diet for the rest of your life.

We can't control the future but we can turn back time and become better versions of ourselves. It Starts With Food.

Let's turn back time.

Are you UP for another rodeo?

Yesterday, when I took my brain out the of chute, beyond the borders and confines of food addiction - it felt like freedom.

You know the drill. I'll bring you back home.

I could bounce anything off of Paw's head. The sky was not the limit. We could talk about wild things. It was good medicine.

Many moons ago, I had a dream every night during the course of one week.  That was the only time in my entire life I've had dreams like that and I can still remember the details today.

Last night, I had a shorter version of the last dream. Paw was in it and he was telling me what to do. I couldn't see his face but I could hear his voice.

I've only had a glimpse of Paw since he passed and that was one morning before my eyes opened. It was his face smiling big and wide.  No words or messages. A smiled filled with peace and happiness. No pain or suffering.

Now, it wouldn't be prudent for me to write out the details of those dreams. I was just a kid when I had them but I saw places that I'd never been before. 

As an adult, I traveled to those places. All but one of them. It's always been on my Bliss List.

hawaii.jpg

I cannot summon UP the future at will. We only know and see in part. When we work as a team it can be an absolutely beautiful thing. 

We are connected. One big wireless internet.

I believe we all have that extra sense like the animals. We've just shoved them down and away with too much multi-crap.

You may live in a big ole city or live in the midst of wild animals. The grizzly bear may run a bluff on you. Or not. You cannot predict their responses. They're wild.

We all know that when you're faced with a mountain lion, do not run.  Make yourself appear as large as you possibly can.  Pick up a branch, anything you can find. Hold your arms out, big and wide.  Act strong and roar like a lion. It's your best chance for keeping that predator at bay.

When you're faced with the human kind of predator, there are signs and smoke signals that it may only be a running bluff. Or not.  

When all communication stops, no eye contact and no verbal anything....that's the real deal.  Your best way out of that tight spot is the element of surprise.

Do exactly the same thing as though you're faced with a mountain lion.  Don't stand there in fear.  Shout, draw the attention away, sing or look the snake directly in the eyes and try to knock them off balance with any form of verbal communication. Make a connection. It could save your life. 

When everything goes silent and you go silent, you're in the danger zone.  Just start blathering and foaming at the mouth.  Connection is everything at a time like that.

You can knock someone off their game. You want to do that. When a grizzly is mad, they'll jump UP and down on their front legs.  Huffing and puffing, blowing like a freight train. Bear has been bluffed, face-to-face with a grizzly.  It was a show of real power. 

We can't predict the future or how predators will act. We can be prepared and not scared. Have a plan how you will react. 

Keep your eye on the horizon. Have a plan. It's always good to have a plan and a bug-out bag. You never know when you'll be faced with a flood or a fire, an earthquake or storm.  Have a copy of all of your important papers.

- Large Capacity Backpack
- Water (between 2 and 4 litres per day)
- Non-perishable food (I prefer freeze dried food for many reasons)
- Water purification supplies (tablets or filtration system)
- Cooking supplies (if needed)
- Eating utensils
- First Aid Kit
- Fire starting kit (matches, flint & steel, etc)
- Good Survival manual
- Tent (or Tarp) for shelter
- Sleeping Bag (or blankets)
- Maps
- Flashlight & extra batteries
- Emergency Radio (hand crank or solar power)
- Emergency Plan (with contact info, meeting locations)
- Cash (in Small bills)
- Weather appropriate clothing (against Hypothermia or Hyperthermia, rain, bugs, etc)
- Rain Poncho
- Comfortable footwear (I like hiking or tactical boots myself)
- Space Blanket
- Sanitation/Hygiene supplies (Tampons, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
- Crowbar/Folding Shovel
- Medicine (enough for an extended period)
- Heavy Duty Zipper-lock Freezer Bags
- Knife (fixed blade or folder type)
- Rope (I prefer paracord)
- Mirror
- Copies of Identification/Important Papers
- Food for Pets 

Remember the WD30.  We could bounce anything off of each others heads. It was all fun. Really. What a hoot.

I've been taking it back outside this summer. I can't say I'm looking forward to the first snowfall. Normally, that  happens over the Labor Day Weekend. 

The weather is warmer this year. Everything is different.  I think the total solar eclipse has alot to do with the storms, earthquake swarms and changes.

Food Prison or Food Freedom Forever.

I look forward to coming to here for Happy Awareness. These are selfies of my thoughts. It Starts With Food gave me permission to stop dieting. I took that seriously and I met other birds of the same feather.

Almost all of them have flown over the chicken coop. Not the cuckoo's nest. I do wonder where they are today.

Are they still prepping their food and carving duck decoys.  Are they still the producer on a very famous food network.

Are they hiking in the Alps or swimming off the coast of New Zealand and Australia. How is the Irish Rose. Is that one married yet? Did her shipment of Tessamae's ever show up at the door.

Did the goats eat all of the wallpaper off the walls and paintings, too.  Her balsamic reductions were the best in the west.

Lightning strikes. Maybe once. Maybe twice. 

Raising Arizona just blew into my mind. It feels like freedom. Maybe this is Utah.

Archived