Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest regret is that food addiction ate my voice and took up so many giant month hunks of time that would've been better served focusing on the storms.

Food Addiction = One big massive blackhole sheetstorm. The greatest struggle of my innermost being.

I don't like it one single bit.

We can't see the invisible winds way up high in the heavenlies but we know they are there.

We can't predict the future but we can forecast the storms about 48 - 72 hours ahead with accuracy.

We can't predict the outcome of food addiction or any addiction but I'm here to tell you that it is not worth the time that you will devote to it.  It can ruin your hopes and dreams for the future.

Food Addiction does not go away or get better with age. It progresses.  The sooner you can deal with it the greater your chances for recovery.  Don't wait until it's got you in a strong vise grip.  Noooooo.

Sit down with someone. Face-to-face and get a grip on it.  Now.  Don't wait until life's storm clouds gather all around you and follow you wherever you go.

I wouldn't consider it a good thing, I'd consider it a Great, Fantastic, Wondrous, Terrific Thing and everything a person like me could ask from themselves if I had known then what I know today.

When it comes to taking care of yourselves, listening to your body and using good horse sense....WoWzer.

Motivation is a gift. Motivated every single day by the hopes and dreams of a tiny hiney? Willpower runs out.

There's more to life than a tiny hiney but for those with a food addiction or disorder it becomes the non-stop focus.  The scale is only one of your data points and our clothes tell us everything we need to know.

We can measure exactly where we're at with that motivation of tight pants. So just file away all of these data points and keep tooling along.

At some point during food addiction recovery, you will turn around and take a good hard look at where you've come from.  You will pull the dross of your head and use it besides something to part your ears with.

You will see clearly without making excuses and massive rationalization.  Ooooo, don't be so hard on yourself.

Who are you when no one else is looking?

You can talk all of the talk but until you actually walk that walk you're not going to stretch anyone else or motivate them to recover.  Food Addiction Recovery is possible. 

I once looked forward to being on the other side of all of this but there's no such thing as the Finish Line.

I allowed that wolf in.  He sat around the kitchen table and threw multi-crap at the TV. Propped his feet up on my coffee table.  Very disrespectul and he didn't give two hoots if I ever shoved him out of the door.

Food Addiction is like that.  It will stay with you for the rest of your life.  That uninvited guest thinks of your body as one big B & B.  Ayup. Felicias.

That wolf at the door doesn't care about you and never will.  Don't let him in.    

You're going to have to get a crowbar to get him out of your house and blow addiction back into the blackhole from whence it came.  

Solar Flaring. Everything in the Universe is connected just like we are...one big wireless internet.

With the total solar eclipse, right along with the solar flaring and hurricanes, mighty strong winds aloft...the side effects are more earthquake swarms, too.  It is all connected.

I'm watching Juan De Fuca lateral movement, slow-slip  and New Madrid. Especially New Madrid now and where Hurricane Irma comes to an end. The giant pull and lift in the atmosphere results in earthquake swarms.

Solar flaring, we had that before the last big quake in Japan. So I'm watching all of these data points. 

If the jeans still fit you must acquit. 

Are you UP for a rodeo.

Every now and again I have to take my brain out of da chute and away from Food Addiction, eating all the things, Food Addiction Recovery but I promise to bring you back home again to W30 Happy Awareness and Food Freedom Forever. 

We are in this together.

4425BBD100000578-4871908-Police_departme

Choices and consequences.

Strike while the griddle is hot. Or not.

The flesh is weak but the spirit is willing. The spirit is always willing to assist you with recovery from any addiction or illness.

My body and mind were usually in cahoots with one another. The heart wants what it wants.

The stomach won't shut up until you give it what it wants but the appetite control center is located in the brain. They work in tandem. Demanding. Hail bent on seeing to it that you cave in to all of them.

My spirit is the best part of me. I can't rely on the other two. My past history proves that in spades.

Find the greater purpose for your Whole 30. Look waaaay down the road.  Think beyond Day 31.  The Head Reset will take you further than the Food Reset if you give yourself permission to stop using dieting and exercise as a way of recovering from food addiction.

It takes more than physical everything. You're going to have to engage all of your innermost being for food addiction recovery.  

The body and mind will fight against you like a wildcat for 3-5 years. Be a fighter and fight for your recovery.  Recovery comes first.

The war with the body and mind. The body and mind are always more than content to serve themselves. They don't think of anyone but themselves.

Freedom = Surrender to self

You're going to have to get out of this world to get beyond those two selfish, very self-centered aspects of yourself. Me, me, me and more  me, me, me.

The more you give the more you have to give. The more you serve the more you want to serve.  Others.

The body and mind cut on a crosswise grain against your freedom.  They're led by their feelings and feelings are fickle.

Do you really believe what you believe?

Do you really believe what you're telling others?

If you did, you would change your life.

If you don't believe it, I'm not listening. No one else will listen to it either.

People know when you're blowing smoke. Discernment.

Recovery comes first. When you recover from any addiction it leaves a vacuum.  Distracting yourself with distractions won't fix addiction.

You have to fill that void and replace old destructive habits with new ones. 

A side chick. :D I'm no longer eating all of the things all of the livelong day so I've went back to the well.

I've replaced my food addiction  with my passion for seismology, geology, weather, solar flaring...those things. 

It's more than a distraction.

It's freedom from bondage and captivity.

I'm sure it's the path I should've followed and my greater purpose in life but I allowed the body and mind to run roughshod over the real me. 

Now, I'm not whining about it for crying outloud. I take full responsibility for everything.

Food addiction gives me a huge pinch. Much regret.

I can see the handwriting on the wall for the tender sprouts who are doing what I did to myself. This a judgment free zone.

We only judge others in the Dark. Watch how much darkness comes flooding in when you judge others around you. 

You can't transform anyone's life by judging them or trying to smack them over the head with arrogance. 

Love the newbies as you love yourself.

Someone may be in the midst of a real struggle. Brute, unkind words can pull those tender sprouts out before we can say mini-meal.

We can walk in truth and love... for others. Serving others is the most humble thing you can do.

Snarkalicious everything...meh you, too.

I wish we could all do what we were called to do without getting sidelined by addiction or illness or accidents or wars or storms or destruction of any kind.

We are bent on survival. Together, we can do anything. We work better as a team.

So give someone a hand UP and not a smackdown. Today.

They're going to run from you if they see you coming. For real.

Got real friends? There's your clue.

Serve the newbie. Be a good neighbor. Love the newbie and your neighbor.

Have you ever had a coworker you just couldn't stand? I have.  Choices and consequences.

I made the choice to start loving them. They became one of my favorite persons on the face of the earth. Someone I truly cared about.  Let your light shine in the darkness.  Forgive others.

Serve others. 

The more you concentrate on your tiny hiney the more elusive that thing becomes.  Be careful where you point that thang and your finger.  A judgment free zone.

Don't over contemplate it.  Don't overthink it.

Serve others.  Give back. It will be sooooo worth it.

Now. Right this minute. I want to load all of you UP on a big tour bus the size of Texas and we'll go on another field trip. We'll play some good tunes that match the corresponding attractions. 

I'll show you all of the best and secret places. Places that the pesky tourists don't know about. :D

We'll have a grand time. Maw and I stood by these very plates. Not to be confused with the Craton Plates.

lake-yellowstone-hotel.jpg

We'll go out on the Lake, get ourselves a bite at the hotel.

yel73B772E9CEBBC75B6.jpg

We'll meander around, watch the geysers and mudpots.  

I know where we'll go for supper, too. You'll lurve it. I'll show you everything and then we'll watch the stars while we're waiting for Old Faithful. She's faithful. She's true. 

GettyImages-125689012.jpg

After all, tomorrow is another day.

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Motivation doesn't always roar like a tiger. Sometimes, it's a still whisper that says I will try again tomorrow.

No guilt. No shame.

Clear the decks.

Find the greater purpose for everything you do and you'll never be bored.

Motivation is a gift. Faith, too.

The food addiction war with the body and mind may lighten up but you can't ever coast on your laurels.

I rely on my faith to help me in all of my weakness. I can't rely on those other two nitwits.

It doesn't matter how smart we think we are. It doesn't matter how many things and how much favor we have...

If none of those things transform your life and set the captive free...you're still in bondage.

Do you really believe what you believe?

If you did, you would change your world.

How would you like to hook your mind up to a bigscreen TV and let everyone see and read what you really think and believe.

Your boss. Your coworkers. Friends, foes and family.

Freedom does cost something. Self-surrender.

Joy comes in the morning but we have to renew our mind every single day.  If we don't we fall back into root rot.

You have to get down to the roots of addiction and pull them out, one by one. Minute by minute and day by day.

Addiction is the source of all weeds and pride in your garden. It smothers out all of the tender shoots of love and kindness and forgiveness.

We're transformed by the renewing of our mind. Daily.

If your small corner of the Universe could read what you're really thinking that would humble you in a micro-second.

We have to pull the dross out of our head. Use our heads besides something to part our ears with. 

Out of the abundance of our heart our mouth speaks.

Your heart is the bigscreen TV and your mouth will trip you up. Your mouth will tell on you. 

The blathering and foaming mouth loves attention. It can be a virtual fountain of useless information.

You have to put a bridle on it. Tame that tiger.  It's a difficult thing to do once you've let the tiger out of the cage.  The tiger enjoys freedom.

beautiful_tiger_eyes_wallpaper-1024x640.

We are a reflection of everything in our heart, our innermost being.

My favorite W30 success story is about the two young women in the camper.  It's here in the first pages of this thread.

Fast weight loss doesn't move me. At all.

Progress belly selfies.

Has that changed everything for you then?

More dieting and more exercise is not a fix for a food addiction.

Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.

Lay down all of your desires for quick and fast weight loss. There's more to life than a tiny hiney.

You can learn to manage your food so it doesn't manage you.  Find the greater purpose. 

You will walk down this road all by yourself.  Pull yourself UP by the bootstraps and keep soldiering along.

Wellness and Recovery Warriors don't throw the towel in when the going gets tough.

My Maw is the most blessed woman I know.

I want to be just like her when I grow UP. She'll always be the Maw and I'll always be the kid.  She tells me so.

There are no blurry lines with our parent/child relationship. It's hard on a kid when the child becomes the parent and the parent leans in - way too heavily on a child.

That can really mess a child up. Children need to be a child until it's time for them to become an adult.

Maw still monitors what I do and what I say. What did you say to that person?  I have to be snarkalicious in secret or when she's out of hearing.

Bear says, Why O Why can't you be more like your mother.  Everyone loves Maw. It's not bragging if it's true.  Old and young, they are drawn to her like moths to the flame.  She is lovely. 

Moi? I'm just a hound dog yakkin' on a bone out here.

If I hooked my mind UP to a bigscreen TV....Ooooo, brother. Cringeworthy.

Recovery comes first.  I'm still a work in progress.

I'm grateful I don't have to rely on myself for all of the answers, answers, answers.  I want the answers to everything but I don't have them. 

They had a small eq in Tenn. today.  I'm watching New Madrid. Mmm hmmm.  

Everytime I get within inches of telling all of you goodbye,  I start to cry.  I'm crying for myself.  I know it. 

So I'll keep tooling along until it's time for me to really go. At this particular time, I cannot begin to prognosticate when that will really be. 

Blathering and foaming. It's all fun. Really. 

We are a product of our raising. Culture is just another fancy name for our Maw's good cooking.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to reach Maw's rings up on the ladder.  She has some mighty big shoes to fill. She is my hero.

Archived