Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are persistent you will get it.

If you are consistent you will keep it.

I am persistent and I am consistent but that does not translate into doing a Whole 30 for 3 years. That's not possible or in the spirit of a Whole 30.  

My spirit knows that, too.  

Rebound Weight Gain.

The truth will find you out.  You were doing things in the name of weight "loss" and rebound will be found.

Rebound weight gain is the consequence of dieting. If you want to find stability with your weight you will have to get off the gerbil wheel of mindless exercise while dieting.

Another repeat cycle will get you nowhere good.

All or Nothing will leave you by the side of the road without a tow truck in sight.  

Your intolerance for dieting is a muscle that will stronger with use. 

Eternal Vigilance is the price of Freedom. Thomas Jefferson.

There is a price you pay to find the weight you want. There's another price you pay to keep it.  Weight stability. 

Once you find weight stability you cannot take it for granted. 

You're not finished. You're just beginning. There's no such thing as the Finish Line.

Relapse happens for food addiction recovery or any addiction recovery. There's always another STAT coming around the corner.

The current stats and relapse rates for weight "loss" are 70-90%.

You want to be in that number?  Then  just keep on dieting and rebound will be found on your doorstep. 

You want to make it against the odds fighting so hard against you?

You have to stop living in the unconscious mode. All the while the rebound weight was making its way back, there were probably weeks and months and maybe a year that process was going on.

The body is the battlefield for the mind.  The mind likes the unconscious mode.  It's comfortable and familiar and living by remote control. 

It takes true grit and hard work to think through the thoughts that always precede destructive behaviors. 

Start thinking that nothing can be denied you.

You are not under the remote control of holidays, birthdays and someone else's idea of what you should be or who you really are.

No one can control you unless you give them your remote control.

Fear.

Fear is the biggest obstacle stopping you.  It's as if we don't think we deserve it.  Everyone else deserves it but we don't.

That is a bunch of hooey and a smokescreen that the mind is blinding you with.  

Relapsers see things in black and white.  Food Addiction is black and white thinking. 

Relapsers have very rigid ideas of what success means.

Your overall health and well-being is not a Pass or Fail situation.

All or Nothing thinking creates stress.  It stops you from giving yourself credit for what you've learned from your experiences.

All or Nothing stops you from turning around and taking a good hard look at all past dieting flops and drawing your line in the sand.

You can Flip the Switch.   It only takes one day and one decision to stop those destructive vicious cycles and wild swings UP and down. 

You can learn to Surf the cravings and triggers. When you have the equipment and new cognitive behaviors they will give you confidence to follow through and carry on.  

We are the things we tell ourselves.  I am a Post Whole Digger. It's made all of the difference in the world.  I'm standing here today without rebound weight gain and relapse. 

I like it.  It suits me.  It's a powerful thing.

Children know how to solve critical problems. Out of the mouth of babes.

Children have a strong will to thrive and survive. They come by it naturally. When you let your child know that their ideas and efforts are valued, they will jump through hoops to make you happy.

I think Fri-yays should be reserved for the children. Give them their turn in the high places. Given the chance, the children can do a much better job than adults. They haven't been messed up with bias or viewing the world through the logic of adults.

Let the children have their turn. Their solutions would be novel and sooo much fun. We'd might howl with laughter but soon come to realize that they like cooperation and peace and joy.

There's a huge difference between childlike and childish.

Childish = No action. Folding the arms and pouting. Blaming others for everything. Needy.  

Childlike = Taking a chance that your spirit knows the answers and what makes you tick. Children are willing to fall off of their bicycle and get back UP on it again until it's smooth sailing.

We can't lean too heavy on the children because it stresses them out. When a parent leans too heavy on a child... more than the child can lean on the parent, it crushes their spirit. 

What is your earliest memory of you. I can remember standing in my crib watching Maw take naps.

When people asked me my name, I told them it was Spaghetti or Pea Bee because I couldn't say Sweet Pea, my nickname. Maw says I was one-ish.

I can remember sitting on the step outside while Maw put my hair up in curlers.  I couldn't stand those baby curlers and I can remember crying.

Go all of the way back to your roots and your earliest memories. You knew what you wanted and who you were. We really haven't changed all that much.

Resolute without taking action.

It's similar to traveling through  wine tasting country.  You go in and taste the grapes, swish them all around in your mouth and spit the wine back out into a bucket.

Image result for photos sideways movie

Next. 

It's not really satisfying or gratifying. You have the memory of tasting the wine without making an actual commitment. You travel on to the next winery. Swilling and unable to make a choice, you leave empty handed. 

Image result for photos sideways movie

Hopefully, you have a designated driver. But indecision has caused you to return to the comfortable and familiar. 

In my culture, when you expound so much  about what you're going to be doing, it rarely gets done. It's like your mind has deceived you into thinking that you've actually already accomplished it.

The answers are now blowin' in the wind or another fig newton of the imagination.

Do the thing. Then come back with a full report. Show us what you've got, Ima. cavity search smiley Ima this and Ima that.

Ima, you've got to mean business with yourself.  

Related image

You can build your metabolism.   Be persistent and consistent.

If you're robbing and taking from the Metabolism Bank, crime does not pay. 

You will live to see the thyroid tank.   It was the Thyroid Tank that sank the Titanic.   

When the thyroid tanks and the breath reeks to the high heavens, that's abby normal.

B.O. = I can't go for that.   nah crazy rabbit

Diabetes does some funky things to your breath.  Your body is trying to tell you something.  It is screaming from the rafters.

Houston, we have a problem.  The kind of problem that fennel seeds cannot fix. 

Bear is in my ear. Tell them... when your breath and body reeks, your body is digesting the protein out of your body and muscles so it can survive.

Your body is speaking even if you're running ramshod and roughshod over the top of it with your brain.  Your spirit wants to survive.

I've had famine and starvation in my family.  For real. Your body does not want you to ramshod it with self-induced starvation.

The body can adapt in various ways to starvation. But eventually it will start to consume protein and macro nutrients from itself.

From the brain and heart and bones.

We only have one pancreas and when it gives up the ghost, it's over. 

There is no quick road to a place worth living.  Self-induced starvation is not all it's cracked UP to be. 

Self-induced starvation will mess up your hormones.

When women go through the pauses of life, the belly expands because of hormones going by the way of the dodo. Women throw themselves on the ground over that. Men lose hormones, too.

Self-induced starvation for years on end will deplete your hormones. The belly will compensate and latch onto anything you feed it because it's in that constant state of survival and starvation. 

All of the muscle mass you once enjoyed may look like the belly is bloating out with side pones. Heckatoot, what's happening here.

The body is going to fight back against what you've been putting it through. It may take 5 or 10 years but the handwriting will be on the wall.  

Eventually, you're going to have to good hard look at it. You may be bald at that particular point in time. Scurvy and rickets, rickety bones that fall apart while you're standing up.  You suddenly fall down because your bones are porous. 

I cannot and will not enable self-induced starvation. It's not the way I tick. 

The hormones don't lie. There are so many smoke signals along the road trying to lead you to your pathway to healing.

Don't take a detour or when you reach a fork in the road take it.

Find your pathway to healing.

Related image

I love the sound of Maw's voice. It is the most comforting sound in the entire world.

They've hauled her good friend down the road in a ambulance, 2 X this last week. Maw's hoping it's not the end.  These two do everything together. Birds of a feather fly together.

They play cards and have a big ole time.  Miss Scarlett has the best sense of humor. She doesn't care for pomp and circumstance.  A woman after my own heart.  An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of paleo-poop.

They have card parties with gifts for the winners. One woman demands extra special food and only decaff coffee. Plug your ears if you don't want to hear this.

Miss Scarlett only likes the real deal so she puts a placecard in front of the coffee pot that says "Decaff".  It is the real thing and Scarlett says Pomp doesn't know the difference.  She tells her thank you and boy, it sure is good, Miss Scarlett.  

Then she laughs like a hyena with Maw.  Oooo, there's other things that blows Maw's bangs back. They're harmless.  

Image result for photos scarlett ohara

Miss Scarlett will shout my name out at the front of the grocery store. She doesn't care what she says and feels she's earned that rite of passage. Strong women know how to bend. 

I hope she makes it for all of us.  Strong women will change your life in unexpected ways.  

Before I sat down with someone, face-to-face, to start working through food addiction, I was throwing everything up against the wall to see what would stick. Spaghetti was my first name.

During my W30 and food addiction recovery, I used my imagination to see beyond addiction. 

Image result for posters about imagination

I imagined there were paleo-peoples who cared about me. They wanted me to succeed.  We went shopping together at the grocery store store with the Whole 30 list of compliant foods. 

If I strayed to the center aisles of the grocery store, they were there to herd me back into my own lane. I visualized they were riding home with me without any detours to the mini-mart for gummy bears and multi-crap.

When I went out of the house they told me not to go looking like something the cat dragged in. So I spruced myself and I owned it.

All of it.  

Without excuses and massive rationalizations, I owned it.

I had to name it.  Food addiction.

I believed that my indifference for dieting is a muscle that will grow stronger with use.

I imagined that I could return back to my original factory settings.

I learned how to Surf through abby normal cravings and trigger foods.

I didn't recover from food addiction by removing all comfort foods out of my world.

I did it by learning to comfort myself.

Miss Scarlett is not coming home. She's traveling on.

Related image

Our loved ones and folkaronies who've crossed over the great divide want us to live our best life. They'll be waiting and wanting to hear about all of our experiences and journeys. 

If we don't give it all we've got, we won't have much of a story to tell them. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for them.  

That's how I did it in the beginning. Slowly and surely, I did all of it for myself.  I still imagine that there are Felicias out there like me.  

Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities.  

Archived