Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recognize that you are being controlled.

Think of all of the reasons why you need to leave.

Prepare to end the dieting relationship.

Plan how you will say it.

Come UP with an escape plan.

End the relationship in your brain.

Execute your plan.

Keep it short.

Keep your distance.

Don't get manipulated.

Walk away.

Follow through.

Do not let temptation change your mind.

Are you easily led around by others?

If they told you to stay in a burning building, would you do it to comply?

Cutting off all contact with master manipulators and controllers is not cruel.

You have to be "cruel" to be kind to yourself.

Any response from the dieting relationship = Keep trying.

No response = No point in continuing this.

When you want true freedom from any controlling and manipulative relationship - you may  find yourself in the midst of an explosive reaction and situation.

Don't assume that after months or years that a surpise encounter will end well for you.

It's almost virtually guaranteed that they will pick right up where they left off. You'll hear something horrible about yourself through the grapevine or the innertube.

Resist the urge to set the record straight. 

Just let it goooooo.  When you have a thought, let it go.

There's virtually nothing we can do to change that mindset.

Oooo, Felicias.  Master manipulators and controllers will use anyone to further their controlling needs. Anyone and anything.

Master manipulators and controllers want a posse of followers. They want others to take sides. That's childish.

Children like cooperation.  Comfort and peace.

The dieting relationship is like every other controlling relationship.  You are being manipulated.  The wool is being pulled over your eyes.

Make the break.

Shawshank it.  

Today.

It only takes one decision and one day to stop doing that destructive thing you've been doing to yourself and remove yourself from all master manipulators and controllers.

The carrot   =   the promise of a quick fix.

Many head on out to hollywood with a dream and convinced the red carpets will unfurl for them one day. They take the leap and jump on in.

I'll be watching the awards show tonight but I can't help but think about all of those who won't be there.  Their names are not UP on the marquee lights.

It takes lots of money to make it there.  We've all known someone in our circle who may have tried to make it into the big leagues.

Some had the acting chops.  Yes.  They sure did.  

They didn't have the connections and social network to get their foot in the door.  It's who you know.  Truth.

Momentum is a gift.  I've known that for a long, long time. I don't take it for granted.

Actors and all others need a plan.  

You make your move when you have momentum rolling behind you.

Strike while the griddle is hot.

You can't wing it and fly by the seat of your pants, hoping that someone will discover you while you're wandering around out in the sagebrush.  Ooooo, it happens but that's very rare.  Musical artists have been discovered in small burgs with only a handful of fans.

Anything is possible.  The sky is not the limit.

Everyone needs a plan.  Even wannabes.   The basics have to be met for survival.  Housing, food and a day job. 

Whether trying to break out as a pro athlete, actor, singer, song writer, producer, director....it's not for the weak of heart.   Unfurled inside of the red carpet are broken and bruised hearts of those who didn't make it up on the stage to accept an award.

They are the unsung heroes.  They don't do it for the money. They do it for the love of their talent and the dream. 

Momentum is a gift.  It will keep you going long, long after the house lights have all been turned off.  

Do you have the chops to keep going.  

There's no such thing as the Finish Line for your dreams.  Don't let anyone bust your  chops.  Acting chops or pork chops.

It starts with food and that affects every other area of your life. One day, I hope to see your name up there in the marquee lights.

Until then, let's give it all we've got. 

Slide bar to 1:40

Image result for posters just because you can measure it

We all have the ability to change.

Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten.

Change is healthy.  Change it all UP.

Food addiction is eating in an unconscious mode. Eating on autopilot and probably not by candlelight. match-box-smiley.gif?1292867636

I am my father's daughter and we really do like to fly by the seat of our pants.  Fishing and camping trips. A spur of the moment decision to run into town and have something extra special.  No planning required.  Just roll with it, Felicias.

Food addiction/disorder can be rigid.  So rigid and regimented that you cannot break out of your house rules, schedules, regulations and regimented routines.

But that's not freedom.

Freedom from autopilot takes change.

It's a fine balancing act to keep a household running smoothly. Some order out of that chaos must be imposed.  

Doing everything by rote learning is not freedom. Memorization gets in the way of learning. Meaningful learning requires that you be fully engaged without overthinking, over-researching and over the top everything.

Children learn by doing first and reasoning later. Drilling them without understanding provokes anxiety.

Eating by rote turns off the ability to interact with food flexibly.

Forcing a child to memorize boring math facts can turn off creative minds that would otherwise excel at math.  Math anxiety is like food anxiety. 

When you combine food with stress a portion of the brain becomes blocked. We start eating in the unconscious mode.

They say until you have repetition you can't build synapses paths.  But you can drill yourself right into the ground.

Doing and eating the same things over and over will dig you into a deeper hole.   dig in smiley

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/list-of-most-googled-diets-includes-taco-diet-pizza-diet.html

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/mono-diet-potato-diet-penn-jillette.html

Image result for posters about coffee

No. It's. Not.

Someone in my neck of the woods wanted 6 cups of coffee about 8 pm.  Now, we're all wide awake because the lights are on and they're all jacked UP with caffeine. 

To everything there is a season and a time. A time to every purpose. A time to laugh.  A time to dance.  For everything there is an appointed time but drinking coffee before you go to bed is not the time.

Oooo, Gretchen, we're all jacked UP. 

Don't start no stuff in no bar, I wouldn't even tell anyone where you are...when you're all jacked UP. Do you know why I like this song so much.  I used to have long hair like Gretchen.  I went to a bar opening with my friends.  A mission creep asked me to dance while his girlfriend was playing pool.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I went to the dance floor and she came running across the dance floor.  She yanked me around by my hair and threw me to the floor. I knew what do. I only had a split second to react.  I know the grizzly attack drill,  so I responded in that way.  It saved my life because she tried to bust a beer bottle across my head.  I covered my head with my arms and hands while I was down on my knees.  It saved me.  

The bouncer threw her out and she stalked me for a long time. I don't drink.  I don't hang out in bars. Paw always said, I don't even want your shadow to darken the door of a bar.  He was right. He's always right.  I should've listened and I've never been back to a bar again.  That's why I like this song, Felicias.

Nothin' good comes of drinking alcohol.  Nothin'. Paw and Maw have said that for a million years. They don't drink. 

It ruins marriages and relationships.  We've lost folkaronies to the bottle.  On and off the road. It ain't pretty and it's certainly not a fairytale ending.

I question the true happiness of pics filled with drinks. Are they really healthy selfies. Look deeper beneath the surface. The bleary teary eyed look is not a good look on anyone. That happiness may be imaginary or appear larger in the rearview mirror.

I'd rather be awake.  Wide, wide awake. There's always another streetcar coming around the corner or was that the Carrot Train to Crazytown.   big smile2 smiley

Image result for photos streetcar san francisco

I'm blowin' this pop stand, my digs.  Another 2 feet of snow prognosticated for  later today, UP to 4-6 feet in the higher elevations with wind hitting 50 mph licks.

I'm going into town for a meeting.  A social gathering because I can't wait for Chinook. Heckatoot, I can't wait until the cows come home.  I've got to get out of the house and blow the stink off.

Cabin fever is like that.  It sneaks up on you like a lily livered yellow bellied sapsucker.  We can detect an enormous about of dirt in the air.  You can literally feel it on your lips.  Strange, because the ground is covered with snow. It's coming from the upper atmosphere and a real doozy must be headed our way.

They say that shivering is as good as exercise.  Ooo, I just heard on the radio that people are taking cold showers so they can shiver and burn calories.  I say, what a bunch of hooey.    

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, outdoor and nature

Universe, today is the day of finding our pathway to healing. I'm excited to be headed back out there on the trail. It's been a long, cold winter. Thanks for sending me some reverb. 

Dedicated to all of the Post Whole Diggers and Soul Miner's Daughters out there in the Universe.

I've joined a Cowboy Social Club.The cowgirls outnumber the cowboys - 5 to 1. I imagine they were dragged in by their wives. I was there with my boots on. 

I met someone who fell down on the ice. They received a broken arm and tailbone with a concussion.This is why we have to watch the folkaronies like a hawk. One big gust of wind walking to the mailbox knocks them down.

My inspiration was renewed at the gathering. We are better together with community. There's a reason that accountability works. Seeing and being with friendly faces makes all of the difference in the world.

This is a community of online trackers. We're not logging our food or calories but we're keeping track of each other. Keeping tabs and connecting.

The beauty of nature nurtures but there are times when we need to bump shoulders with one another. Super-social and super-supportive. 

I had a big grin plastered on my face and I tried to hide it, not letting others know that I haven't been out of the house very much since the snow blew in. There's no app for that but they didn't seem to mind. 

Connect with the human touch. It's soooo worth it. 

US 26/287 Wind River Lake - West

Here's how it's all stacking up today. The snow stakes are disappearing. The local yocals kid each other about that movie, you know the one.  All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy. It's not very funny. giggle1-smiley.gif?1292867603

Image result for photos all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

A long time ago, I used to give you the blow by blow, whenever the earth was moving beneath our feet. That site went by the way of the dodo, so I have to rely on the stillness. I can report that it's been shaking this week. Ayup. You can hear it, too. 

It's like a loud train connecting underground. Bang! Then you feel it. Paw has always said that extremes bring on shakers. Heat or cold. This entire winter has been filled with extremes so we're not surprised. Just like the crickets sound the alarm for finding mates or letting you know when the summer is over, there are signs all around us. 

If there's any weakness in your vehicle, it always shows itself during the seasons of extremes, too. Extremes stress creatures, metal, motors and peoples. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. 

Life may be tough, but darling Felicias, so are you. 

Literally.  Look to the left and blink 10 X.  Look to the right and blink 10 X.  Look down, blink 10 and UP...blink 10.

These exercises will help your brain focus. Blinking triggers a momentary shift in brain activity that helps you focus.

It shifts the attention to the subconscious processing - default mode of the brain. It will help you focus and actually really see what you are looking at. The problems you need to solve.

Letting your mind wander activates the brains default settings. 

It also promotes creativity.

Blinking your eyes resets your focus and attention.

I do my best thinking when I stand up and walk into another room.  Does that happen to you, too.  The minute you hang up the phone, walk into another room, the lights come on and there's your answer.

You immediately call back, blathering and foaming at the mouth..with your lightbulb moment solution.

Grandpaw had an old book with ancient eye exercises.  I took it to heart because I didn't want to start wearing glasses with a new Rx every time you turn around.

It involved that same blinking routine and looking out to the horizon.  Do that every single day.  Focus your eyes on the most distant object in your line of vision.  Zero in on that baby.   Really focus.

It will help your eyesight.  Do it often, especially if you have to work inside all cooped up with computers.  I've been doing these exercises since grade school and I don't wear glasses.  I didn't want to wear them and I don't have to. 

You may not want to do the eye exercises while you're standing in line at the bank...they may think you're 'batty'. flirty3-smiley.gif?1292867596 Practice, practice, practice. 

Blink your eyes.  Don't keep your eyes constantly peeled. Look to the horizon for your answers.   

To end the dieting relationship,  you must prepare in advance.

Execute your plan and follow through.

Blink your eyes and focus your attention on what you really want. Don't bring the offenders into the house or vehicle.  Blink to the left and to the right, UP and down. Do that before you would even think about touching those trigger foods.  

Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities.

Archived