Okay, so I am just getting my W30 log all set up and ready for tomorrow! I have tried a few W30's in the past, and my first successful one was this January. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done either! The first time around I didn't incorporate true exercise into it, and this time I will be. I joined a CrossFit box in February, and although I have been down for a little over a month for back problems, I went back yesterday and will be easing back into it.

A goal I have for this time around is to be a little more organized and prepared food-wise. I'm not very good at that. I also would like to try and focus on letting go of stress more. In January, I found out I was VERY hypothyroid and my blood pressure was not so great, as such, I don't really feel like I truly reached the Tiger Blood phase. I have since found a GREAT doctor, who actually listens to me. I started therapy for my thyroid about 2 months ago on Armour. I started out on a very low dose to see how my body would handle it, and just had it upped this week. I can tell I am doing better than I was, but I can also tell I still have a long way to go to get my numbers and the way I feel right. I have also gotten my blood pressure under control and I am hoping that once I start taking care of my body and getting my thyroid right, I will not have to take medicine for that anymore!

The single biggest key to my successful W30 in January was the incredible support I received here in this community! I am looking forward to that again! Good luck to everyone starting their W30's tomorrow and congratulations to anyone just finishing one!! :) Have a great night everyone!

Julie

PS I've included a not-so-great before photo from the chest up. I can't wait to see what 30 days brings!!! B)

post-3281-0-87602500-1406843378_thumb.jp

I am so ready to tackle this! This morning was a scramble of 4 eggs, onions, and pork, with olive oil. Also had a banana. Tomorrow is my shopping day, so I will be spending a lot of the day planning a menu. I think tonight I will just go easy and have a chicken fajita salad. I hope everyone gets off to a GREAT start! :D

So I opted for taco salad. It seemed even easier than the fajita salad because of less chopping! It is amazing! I browned up the ground beef with onions and green chiles, threw in some taco seasonings and let it simmer. While that was going, I made an avocado dressing that came out really good. One whole avocado, 1/3 c paleo mayo, 1 generous tsp. of fresh cilantro, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 c med. Pace Picante sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and just a bit of onion powder. I blended it with my stick blender and viola!! Creamy avocado dressing! Cut up a large tomato and threw all of it into a large bowl over some salad greens. Oh-so-good. ;)

Bring on the carb-flu.... :unsure:

Julie

post-3281-0-80514100-1406938578_thumb.jp

post-3281-0-34063800-1406938579_thumb.jp

Archived