First Whole 30 1/08/14

Chinno

Happy Anniversary!
Sorry you weren't feeling well, sometimes too much coffee can give me a crampy upset stomach. Were you having CM in all of them? could be that?
Hope you get your bike soon, a friend from CG is seeling hers..seems very expensive to me, but I know nothing about bikes! Can you not do bike-to-work scheme?
http://www.buyandsell.ie/sports-and-leisure/bikes-ladies/dublin/ladies-city-bike-for-sale-2

There are some lovely herbal teas out there, Pukka 3 mint might be good for stomach & it's very refreshing too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more than my budget will allow. Also I fancy different handlebars. 

Today 

8am 3 scrambled eggs and leaves plus blk coffee. 

Walked all the way to Phibsborough this morning which was a nice bit of exercise. 

12pm blk coffee

3pm 

3 slices seranno ham., raw carrots, courgette and leaves.

9.30pm

ribs, raw carrot, potatoes boiled and roasted, string beans, ghee.

Tummy feeling better and I am feeling better.

Another obstacle tomorrow. A friend is having a last Summer fling get together at her house. Lots of (home baked) nibbles and gin cocktails. How will I resist?  All tips welcome. There will be ladies and booze and chats and gossip. Oh noes.

Take your own food and drinks (if you stuff is yummy, make extra, cos other people will eat it!), it's so much easier at someone's house!

Make your own safe mocktails with fruit/coconut milk. Or just have some sparkling mineral water with fresh lime.

Eating a template meal before you go helps reduce temptation.

I am seriously wrecked today. 2.30am and then couldn't sleep. Small boy had accident last night as he decided to try no nappy at night. He has managed one night before but there you go. Takes a while and he is only 3.5yo. 

Yesterday was as follows: 

8am scrambled eggs and salad. 

blk coffee 11.30

Lunch 12.30pm 3 slices seranno ham., raw carrots, courgette and leaves

4.30pm blk coffee 

8.30pm salmon, courgette, carrot, leaves. 

Headed out to friends house and had soda water and lime for the whole night. Yay me! 

today 

8am coffee black 

9.30am 3 scrambled eggs, green leaves. 

11.30am coffee

12.30  stewed beef rib with carrots and onions. 

20.00  roast chicken, small portion of boiled potatoes, roast carrots and string beans. 

Tired most of day - understandable. 

Very sore tummy - need to investigate where this is coming from. Tomorrow I am cutting down on coffee. 

Small boy decided he wanted to wear nappy tonight. Aw.  Next time perhaps. 

Honestly toilet training is the hardest part of parenting I've experienced to date! well with ds it was, dd had it nailed (day & night) in 24hrs!
Well done on passing another no booze hurdle, you're brilliant!
good luck on the tummy investigation.

xx

I reckon boys are longer to train than girls. We are trying no nappy again tonight as per Fionn's request. 

I am completely exhausted. Tried out Dublin City Bikes today and they are pretty good albeit very heavy. I walked for 30 mins to the nearest bike station and then cycled the rest of the way to work. Made it up Gardiner Street hill (big hill) on the way home so I am proud of myself for that. 

Here is my food day

Brekkie 10am 

Scrambled eggs, pancetta, string beans, blk coffee.

12pm blk coffee 

3.30pm chicken, string beans, carrots, yellow peppers, courgette, coconut oil. Peppermint tea 

6pm STARVING. leftover beef ribs in tomato sauce. Asparagus, potato wedges. 

I had a massive portion of ribs but I am tired and I did do a bit of cycling plus walking today. 

Tummy is still a problem so I need to cut out coffee for a few days.  :( 

This is how I will look all morning  without my coffee  :angry:

Looking forward to collecting my new bike from Cavan tomorrow. Fingers crossed it is a good one that I can easily ride to work. 

The coffee RAGE. No I still managed to have a coffee this morning - a tiny one. I can't go without.  My tummy was a little irritated but not too bad. I am not sure how I will cut it out. It feels like a step too far. Maybe just one small one for the rest of the week. 

Got up at 7am to a boy who had just peed in the bed. I am pretty sure he managed until 7. There is no way he would have slept through the wetness so I am taking this as a positive. He just needs to teach himself control when waking. The good thing is he doesn't seem bothered and just accepts me taking the covers off to wash. He decided on a nappy tonight. 

Drove up to Cavan (1.5hours drive).  Got my new-old bike. The seller was lovely. She looked fresh and young but has a 13yo, 7yo and 2.5yo and I am guessing is around my age. Perhaps I need to move to Cavan and get their fresh air. It is beautiful up there with all the lakes and trees. We stopped for a picnic by a lake but it was a bit chilly for Fionn so we ended up eating in the car. 

Here is the food for the day 

8am eggs, flaxseeds and spinach, tiny black coffee. 

3.30pm chicken, carrot, courgette, peppers, date, spinach and water

8pm Supper

Choc Chilli and baked potato and spinach. 

Massive sugar craving at the moment. Is it tiredness or is it the raw cocoa in in the chilli.

So tired after the drive. 

I WILL STAY STRONG. 

9am Brekkie 

3 scrambled eggs and spinach, small blk coffee 

12pm bought coffee out of habit. Didn't drink any because I then realised I had decided to minimise amount. 

3pm Lunch Ate this inside today because of the stupid rain. Chicken, carrots, courgette, spinach, peppers. 

8pm Supper. 2 small chops, potatoes boiled and then crisped in oven, broccoli, carrots.  So full. 

I think potatoes are a bit of a trigger for me. I now want some sugar please. Pretty please with a sweet sweet cherry on top. 

Cycled home in the rain today with some very smelly wet gear on. New bike is nice and fast but I need different handlebars. The racer ones are too low and hurt my back. I am going to swap them with my old upright (granny) ones. I missed having a bell today. So many people here just walk straight into the street even if they have seen you. Between the rain slowing my brakes and a new bike to get used to I was worried I was going to hit some muppet. Big bell required. Grrr.

I think I have more energy at the moment and some more confidence about myself although that will take time. 

My plan is to keep up a lot of this when I finish. I may do a weekday versus weekend. I will allow a small treat on a particular weekend day. That might work although it is very hard to get rid of bad habits. I feel like I am in a better position to fight cravings now. 

Off to watch Eric Northman in the second last ever episode of True Blood now. mmmmmm

26th Aug 

8am 3 scrambled eggs plus spinach and blk coffee 

3pm chicken salad and raw carrot, courgette, salad leaves, red peppers. 

8pm 1/4 cup of coffee  - was at a film and heading out afterwards. 

12am soda water, lemon and ice. 

Home at 1am didn't sleep until almost 3. 

Lots going on in my head.  Finished up with a beloved childminder today and also watched The Congress. It is a pretty stimulating film. 

Today 

8.30am

3 scrambled eggs, spinach, coffee

12pm 1/4 coffee at IMMA. 

1pm lunch - chicken salad with leaves, carrot, peppers, courgette and some leftover potato. The potato was a bad idea cause it left me very sleepy. 

6pm - a few spoons of choc chilli from Fionn's bowl. V bold. 

8pm Supper 

boiled bacons ribs, string beans and mash (used ghee) with spring onions. 

We have finished the bag of potatoes and I don't intend to buy another one for a while. 

I am wrecked today but feeling good I have managed to get through another day.  YAY. 

yesterday 

8am scrambled eggs and spinach plus coffee

1.30pm pancetta, nectarine, spinach, carrot, fried egg. 

4pm coffee with CM 

8pm 

2 chops with curry spices, string beans, carrot, pepper. 

Later I had a rib because I had cooked some pork ribs in the oven. Then of course I found it really hard to sleep.  Mad at myself for that. 

So yesterday was my 29th day but I had planned to stop for the evening's bookclub. My friend is an amamzing cook and went to a lot of trouble to make everything gluten free so I just ate whatever she had put in front of me. Yes grains, dairy, chickpeas, sugar (apple crumble), and two glasses of wine.  I am feeling a bit tired today but nothing too bad. My intention is to go back on the Whole 30 and do another month to fully clear my system. 

Yesterday was as follows 

Brekkie  3 scrambled eggs, spinach, ghee, flaxseeds and coffee. 

Lunch 3.30pm pork loin ribs, raw veg salad and some cooked spinach.     

Non-compliant dinner 

Dinner - There were 3 types of curries (chickpea, spinach and egg and homemade paneer cheese), beetroot, chilli and yoghurt dip, gramflour onion bajhis, pilau rice, apple crumble, cream, tiny toffee choc meringues, red pepper choc and 2 glasses of red wine. 

Got home at 2.30pm and up again for work the next morning. 

Today  I have had a W30 brekkie and lunch plus 2 small coffees. 

Conclusion

I know I lasted 28.5 days but I think I made a pretty good go of the W30.  I knew in advance that I had to do the bookclub meal so it didn't feel like I was out of control with my eating like I usually do. I also ate a lot less at this meal. I was able to understand when I was full. I have never been able to stick to a particular diet before except for being GF because of Coeliac disease.  I found some parts hard but in general it has worked for me. I cut down on CM which was causing some of my tummy issues. 

I will try this again and I intend to keep some elements in my normal diet.  I will weigh myself tomorrow morning. 

ok. I have lost almost a stone. almost 10lbs. 

That is pretty impressive.  My energy levels are way up and my skin looks great. 

I am going to start another whole 30 today. 

Had a weekend of wine (friday), cake and sweets. 

Feeling ok but had a small food-hangover yesterday. Not worth it. 

Em

• 1 month later...

10lbs is amazing, well done. How is round #2 going so far?

2 didn't really get a proper start until now. I was half doing it and half not. Fionn was sick and then I was sick. I kept to breakfasts and mainly to W30 lunch plus dinner. I started baking after 2 weeks and so have had a few apple crumbles and pies. Back on the wagon now to try feel good for Christmas. 

Archived