Help with snack ideas and food that travels well

packelly

Hi everyone!

Today is day 1 of my whole30 and I just got the news that my mom is having surgery today about 3 hours from me and I will be staying with her this weekend. 

I don't want to rely solely on the hospital cafeteria, so I'm looking for healthy snacks I can bring with me and keep in a cooler.

Thank you in advance.

If you have a cooler, your options are limitless :)

Here's some items I keep handy:

HB eggs

Sweet potatoes

Cold cuts

Broccoli florets

Sardines

Tuna pouch

Question though.. why are you looking for snacks?  You should be having Meal 1, 2, and 3. And if you're training Pre-WO meal and Post-WO meal.  If it's meal time while at the hospital, have full blown meal! You can eat palm sized protein and 1-2 cups veggies and thumbs of fat from a cooler. It's just like packing a lunch for work.

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery and proud of you for sticking with your Whole30 during this stressful time.

If you have a cooler, your options are limitless :)

Here's some items I keep handy:

HB eggs

Sweet potatoes

Cold cuts

Broccoli florets

Sardines

Tuna pouch

Question though.. why are you looking for snacks?  You should be having Meal 1, 2, and 3. And if you're training Pre-WO meal and Post-WO meal.  If it's meal time while at the hospital, have full blown meal! You can eat palm sized protein and 1-2 cups veggies and thumbs of fat from a cooler. It's just like packing a lunch for work.

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery and proud of you for sticking with your Whole30 during this stressful time.

Snack, just because I don't think that there will be a microwave there to warm up my food, but maybe they do.  But I hadn't thought about tuna and cold cuts. I can fix me some meals adding some avocado and veggies without the need to heat things up.

Thanks a bunch, these are good ideas.

Another question: what do you eat for post workout.  I'm never in the mood to eat right after a workout (I usually do proptein shakes and fruit, so I'm a little at a loss of what to do during whole30)

Cool! Glad I could help. 

I learned to overcome some social conditioning through my past 2 Whole30's.  One was eating non-breakfast food for Meal 1, another was letting go of the requirement of warming up my leftovers.  You'll be surprised what you can get over when you're hungry.  Cold meatballs? No prob ;)

Post workout should be carb and some protein, limit the fat.  You want it to digest as quickly as possible to replenish your body and fat slows the whole process down. For the carb I'll do a sweet potato, parsnip, starchy veggie puree.  Protein could be cold cut, 3 oz tuna pouch, hb egg white, half chicken breast.  This took some conditioning as well, and was hard to stomach at first, but now I'm ready to chow as soon as I put the barbell down!

Cool! Glad I could help. 

I learned to overcome some social conditioning through my past 2 Whole30's.  One was eating non-breakfast food for Meal 1, another was letting go of the requirement of warming up my leftovers.  You'll be surprised what you can get over when you're hungry.  Cold meatballs? No prob ;)

Post workout should be carb and some protein, limit the fat.  You want it to digest as quickly as possible to replenish your body and fat slows the whole process down. For the carb I'll do a sweet potato, parsnip, starchy veggie puree.  Protein could be cold cut, 3 oz tuna pouch, hb egg white, half chicken breast.  This took some conditioning as well, and was hard to stomach at first, but now I'm ready to chow as soon as I put the barbell down!

Thank you!

Archived