I'm back! I have felt myself slipping and sliding back into my old habits, fortunately not all of them, but a lot. So I am back. I want to annihilate my sugar dragon this time. Total annihilation is my goal. I'll do my best to post my meals is time around. I am starting my first year as a middle school teacher, and boy is it gonna be interesting. There is always food at school. But that's ok. I have done this before and can do it again.

My goals: prep for the half marathons I have scheduled. Eat right, teach my family (they aren't doing this with me, but they eat what I cook), run, run, run, and teach, teach, teach.

Breakfast today:

3 egg omelet with bell peppers and lots of water.

Getting ready to pack my lunch, not sure what to pack, but it will compliant, fixing my meals is easy, it's the baked foods that my kids make that get me.

I know I will have a hard time finding compliant bacon, fish sauce, canned fruit, and a few other things I can't think of right now. I found bacon last time only to find out it was made with organic honey. I need to check on the smoked pork chops and look at the ingredients for those as well. They are yummy!

I did find an electrolyte replacement that is whole30 compliant!! Coco Hydro, and it's pretty good too. I know I can buy coconut water, but having a powdered version is really convenient.

Yesterday was a flop. I started out great and then my husband took us out for Mexican for dinner. Yep, totally killed my W30 for the day. On the bright side, breakfast yesterday was an omelet, lunch was yummy pulled pork with cabbage salsa and a couple of plums. Had some almonds and macadamia nuts to munch on too. Lots of water and then chicken mole at the restaurant.

Today has been ok, sausage and eggs for breakfast. I didn't make the sausage, so I'm not sure if it was complaint or not. Lunch was more pulled port (made for scratch using home canned salsa verde) and homemade cole slaw made with paleo mayo, mustard, and spices.

This evening I am planning meals for the next week. Tomorrow is Fast Sunday, so no dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow. I'll make sure I bring something compliant to our break the fast potluck.

Cabbage salsa is from our local Latino cuisine. Shredded cabbage, jalapeños (fresh and pickled), carrots, onions, tomatoes, line juice, salt. Pepper, and cilantro. Oh so yummy. Everyone has their own take on it. I will make a big batch of it and eat it for days with my meals.

Tomorrow will be better. I start my training plan on Monday. I know I'm going to be tired, but that's ok.

No meal 1 today, was fasting. I feel really good after fasting.

Meal 2 cabbage, red bell peppers, broccoli, pulled pork sautéed/stir fried together

I also had a handful of black olives and macadamia nuts at different times.

I'm starting to get hungry and getting a headache. I did have the starts of a migraine, but it went away.

Sounds like breakfast hash for dinner. The kids will make theirs with sausage, and mine with be with chicken apple sausages.

Archived