Day 1

Hols1

A.M. -

Greens, protein, banana smoothie w/coconut water

Lunch -

Lettuce and greens w/ 4oz. Flank steak, peppers, artichoke, tomatoes, bacon bits, 1/4 avocado, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing

Mid -

Peach

P.M.-

4oz salmon

Cauliflower rice

Peach and blackberries

Snack -

Mixed nuts & dried fruit

While not strictly forbidden on w30, smoothies are discouraged.  For one thing, we should be eating our food - not drinking it.  Also, smoothies will not keep you full as long as a regular meal.  (It looks like you are missing your fat in their too).

Make a copy of the template and hang it where you can see it when you make your food.  

If you find that you are hungry in between meals, use the template to have a "mini-meal" to tide you over to the next meal.  The goal is to get to 3 meals a day with 4-5 hours between without being hungry.

Fruit is good to have, but remember that it contains sugar, so if you have it by itself, it can wake up that sugar dragon that you are trying to get rid of.  Incorporate your fruit into a meal.

Hope this helps!

Day 3 -

Major sugar cravings yesterday so I had some homemade trail mix, whole30 compliant except for the little bit of honey on it.

Today-

A.m. Two eggs with peppers, zucchini, green onion and avocado. Two pcs of bacon. Mixed fruit, kiwi, blackberries, blueberries, nectarine. Black coffee

Not hungry till 2:30. Had a small pc of steak, zucchini and Saturn peach.

4pm - didn't eat enough, I'm hungry! Had some snap peas & beef jerky

6pm. Chicken breast, asparagus, tomato salad w/ evoo, balsamic, basil and watermelon

Day 4 - Is it only Day 4?

A.M. - 8:00

two eggs scrambled with asparagus, green onion and avocado. Saturn peach, black coffee

12:30 -

Salad with greens, green onion, grated carrot, tomatoes, bacon bits, chicken, evoo and red wine vinegar dressing.

3:00 - Hungry!

5:30 - had a small pc of steak and some snap peas

7:00 - 2oz pancetta w/ dill pickles, cauliflower rice, watermelon

Day 5-

7-two eggs scrambled, Saturn peach

12:30-salad w/ chicken, green onion, basil, bacon bits, shredded carrot,

5:00-beef jerky, snap peas

8:00-tuna, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, balsamic, Saturn peach

Day 6 -

OMG. I really wanted a glass of wine this evening! Two hours of horrible traffic and all I wanted was to relax with a glass of wine. But I resisted and I still want it!

A.m.

Two eggs scrambled with green onion and artichoke. Saturn peach

12:30

Salad with tuna, bacon bits, artichoke, carrot, basil, olive oil and vinegar dressing. Nectarine

4:00

Beef jerky, snap peas

7:00

Chicken thigh, zucchini, beet salad, watermelon

Day 8 - bored now!

8:00 -

Another bad girl morning!

Lara bar cashew, black coffee

12:30 -

Tuna salad w/ dill pickles, green onion, w/ olive oil mayo on purple pepper boats

5:00 -

Chicken thigh

Carrot

7:00 -

Chicken livers

Cabbage

Nectarine and blueberries

Here is the meal template:  http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Definitely print it out and follow it.  I came to check out your posts after seeing that you are eating Larabars for breakfast...?  That is a horrible way to start your day... as you said, not enough food -- definitely not enough protein, no vegetables... feeding the sugar dragon with dried fruit... setting yourself up for crashing later on and repeating this cycle throughout your day.  

If you start your day off with protein, fat, and some veggies... really give it a go and just SEE how different you feel throughout your day.  If you do not raise insulin levels, you will not go through those highs and lows.  Really.

Looking back at your breakfasts, you have included fruit in one form or another for every single breakfast.  Try going without it -- load up on protein, fat, veggies, per the meal template -- and you should be much more satiated.  What you are doing truly will make you more hungry.

Here is the meal template:  http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Definitely print it out and follow it.  I came to check out your posts after seeing that you are eating Larabars for breakfast...?  That is a horrible way to start your day... as you said, not enough food -- definitely not enough protein, no vegetables... feeding the sugar dragon with dried fruit... setting yourself up for crashing later on and repeating this cycle throughout your day.  

If you start your day off with protein, fat, and some veggies... really give it a go and just SEE how different you feel throughout your day.  If you do not raise insulin levels, you will not go through those highs and lows.  Really.

Looking back at your breakfasts, you have included fruit in one form or another for every single breakfast.  Try going without it -- load up on protein, fat, veggies, per the meal template -- and you should be much more satiated.  What you are doing truly will make you more hungry.

Thanks that's really helpful!

Day 9-

OMG-food dreams! In my dream I was with friends and all of a sudden there were drinks and a huge plate of those tostito scoop chips with greasy taco meat and tomatillo salsa and sour cream. I have never even seen something like that! I felt immediately guilty and thought oh well I'll just start over tomorrow. Then I woke up and felt so guilty until I realized it was a dream. Phew!

Am-

Two eggs, real bacon bits, leek, red onion, tomato, asparagus

Black coffee

1:00

Salad with salmon, country bacon, tomato, green onion, artichoke, carrot, evoo & red wine vin

Saturn peach

Beef jerky

6:00

Chicken liver pate w/ banana pepper scoops

Day 11 and I am bored and impatient and wondering how the h I am going to do this for 30 days let alone the rest of my life!

7:30

Two eggs asparagus

12:00

Salad w/ salmon, pancetta, green onion, artichoke, tomato, avocado, evoo & rwv

Country bacon, carrot, snap peas

6:30

6 med. Shrimp, 1/4 sm cantaloupe, red onion, avocado, lemon juice

Beef jerky

Day 12-

I think I am having delayed reactions due to a couple of Lara bars and some trail mix last week. I crashed hard today. Had a major anxiety attack, and was definitely in the "kill all things" phase. And I was soooo hungry! Maybe my body is finally kicking into fat burner mode because I couldn't eat enough and am still hungry!

Salmon and snap peas

12:30

Roasted chicken leg and thigh and mixed roasted veggies

Roasted chicken leg and thigh, sautéed zucchini and carrot

1/4 small cantaloupe

Day 13 - much better day! Saw my naturopath today and told her about my wild BP swings and she said that starches can keep blood pressure low and that going off of them can cause what I have been experiencing until the body adjusts. Interesting!

7:00

Two eggs fried in coconut oil, with asparagus

12:00-ate at a restaurant

Large greens salad with chicken, bacon, peaches and red onions, balsamic dressing

Carrot & Pc of country bacon

6:00

Handful of macadamia nuts while waiting in line at Costco

7:15

Roasted Chicken leg & thigh, zucchini & a carrot sautéed in coconut oil

Sm peach

Day 15 - eureka! I actually woke up with a smile on my face! My usual is talking myself down from a pending panic attack every morning so this was a revelation!

Day 16 -

Out of town with family. Had bad food dreams last night worrying about staying on plan. I'll just do my best!

Day 22-

Got the blahs. Went out of town last weekend and while I stayed on plan I felt thrown off this week. So I'm going to spend this weekend cooking! Need to make some sauces and some dishes that I can freeze as well as cook during the week.

Also not feeling great. May need to cut back on BP Meds. It's been a little too low.

What great news it would be if you realized you no longer needed those BP meds at all!  ;)  Very cool if you get to cut back the dose, at least.  It does make a world of difference in how you feel.  My dad has had a lot of experience with this, unfortunately.  If only I could get him to try a Whole 30!

Archived