Day 1

Hols1

Day 26 -

Ok I'm having that delayed reaction thing again. I remember in one of the W30 emails there was a discussion of pants initially getting looser then tighter again but it happened in week 2. Well it's happening to me now! Pooh. I keep being told that I don't eat enough or enough fat. After many, many decades of low cal and low fat eating that is a hard habit to break, not that it has done any good! Ok I'll do it but if I gain weight I'm coming back to you guys!

a.m. -
Two Nom Nom Paleo Curried beef, broccoli, onion and egg muffins

12:30 -
BIG salad with 4 oz chicken, red pepper, fresh fig, green onion, bacon bits, tomato, evoo and red wine vin dressing.

4:00 -

Still having low blood sugar in the afternoons.  Had some veggies dipped in Well Fed Tahini sauce. 

7:00-
Salmon cake w/ a dollop of mayo and hot sauce
Asparagus with ghee
Handful of Mac nuts

I have just started using ghee to see if it impacts my gut like dairy but so far so good which I am totally psyched about!See lots of fat!

What great news it would be if you realized you no longer needed those BP meds at all!   ;)  Very cool if you get to cut back the dose, at least.  It does make a world of difference in how you feel.  My dad has had a lot of experience with this, unfortunately.  If only I could get him to try a Whole 30!

This is Day 4 of  cutting my BP med dosage in half and I am finally starting to feel better.  I suspect that my thyroid med may be need to be reduced too since I am having heart palpitations.  Got to go see my naturopath!

Day 27 -

I think I am going to have to continue my W30 for another month, after my big 60 B-day the beginning of Sept! I feel like I am just getting the hang of it so maybe I'll call this month my practice round. I have certainly learned a lot. Everyone on the forum has been very helpful and supportive!

A.m. -

8:00 - Two Nom Nom Curried Beef, broccoli, onion and egg muffins and asparagus. Boy it seems like a lot of food but I was hungy by 12:30!

12:30 -

Can of tuna in oil mixed with homemade mayo, dill pickle, green onion and anaheim pepper

1/2 a large bell pepper.

7:00 -

3 oz salmon w/ Paleo chimmichuri sauce

Grilled zucchini

1/2 avocado

Day 29 -

8:00

Two eggs scrambled with smoked salmon, bacon and green onions, topped with avocado

Nectarine

12:30

Salad with salmon and smoked salmon, bacon, green onion, fig, Paleo ranch dressing

4:00

Smoked salmon, carrot

7:00

Nom nom Paleo green chicken thigh w/!skin

1/2 Yukon gold potato

Asparagus

Day 30!!

8:00

Two nom nom breakfast muffins

Nectarine

12:00

Nom nom green chicken leg

1/2 YG potato

Asparagus

Carrot with well fed sunshine sauce

6:30

Beef patty w/ roasted pepper, sautéed mushrooms in ghee, bacon, avocado

Asparagus and carrots in ghee

Day 11 and I am bored and impatient and wondering how the h I am going to do this for 30 days let alone the rest of my life!

I came here today specifically to tell you congratulations.  :)  I am very impressed with the progress you've made, and I hope you continue to do so.  Best wishes for better health!

!

I came here today specifically to tell you congratulations.  :)  I am very impressed with the progress you've made, and I hope you continue to do so.  Best wishes for better health!

Thank you so much! I am very excited to get on the scale and take measurements! I know that

I still have a ways to go but I am totally committed to living a Paleo lifestyle. I don't think I will be adding much of anything back in except the occasional potato or glass of wine.

I hope it's OK to occasionally check in here. This has been a great source of support and inspiration.

Of course, stick around as long as you want!  I haven't even officially done a Whole 30 since May, but I'm still here.  ;)  Did you know that potatoes of all kinds are allowed now?  So really... if you continue to eat Whole 30-style, just adding in an occasional glass of wine... you will continue to see great improvements.  

Day 31 -

I think I am going to continue my food log here for awhile. I find that it keeps me focused on right eating

9:00

Sautéed asparagus, sweet potato hash browns, with egg on top, 1/4 avocado

2 strips bacon

1:30

Nom nom green chicken leg, 1/2 avocado, carrot, yellow pepper dipped in Well Fed sunshine sauce.

6:00

4oz salmon on a bed of zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice sautéed in coconut oil

Well Fed banana pecan ice cream. Yum!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived