Aug 1st start of 2nd Whole30 for LeahinTexas

LeahinTexas

Day 1: Friday, 8/1/14

Pre-run: Hard-boiled egg

Breakfast: Peach, sauteed kale, mushrooms, bit of tomato and three eggs, handful of olives.

No lunch because I ate such a late breakfast. Need to get better about this.

Dinner: chicken breast, lots of salad with dressing, 1/2 avocado, large sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon.

Including times, since I am having difficulty with that.

Day 2: Saturday, 8/2

7:00 a.m., Pre-run: Hard-boiled egg (protein)

10:30 a.m., Breakfast: 3 eggs (protein), broccoli & some sweet potato (veggies), olives (fat)

4:30 p.m., Lunch: chicken breast (protein), broccoli, raw carrots & some sweet potato (veggies), avocado (fat)

9:30 p.m., Dinner: cubed chicken breast (pro), sauteed veggies (veggies), Coconut milk and seasoning for sauce (fat), sweet potato (veggie)

Day 3: Sun., 8/3

11:30 a.m. Meal 1: 3 eggs (pro), sauteed broccoli (veggies), baby carrots and sliced cucumber (veggies), two handfuls of almonds (fat), peach and handful of blueberries (fruit)

3:30 p.m. Meal 2: half a can of salmon on lettuce, baby carrots, oil and lemon juice dressing with Old Bay seasoning, avocado

9:30 p.m. Meal 3: sauteed veggies with ground turkey with homemade taco seasoning (from AllRecipes, Taco Seasoning I), sweet potato. Added some coconut milk to my taco salad and it blended nicely with the spicy taco ground turkey. Then ate half a can of pineapple in juice. That was compliant, but didn't feel good.

My hours are out of whack. Went to bed late, got up late for Day 4. Did have a headache all day. Was surprised because I thought I was following the plan pretty closely. One area I was not was the non-compliant oils, which are in store-bought mayo and other things. I suspected that might be a problem for me. Pain in hand is still there (I have pain in my right hand, lower part of thumb and into palm of my hand).

Day 4: Mon., 8/4

Went to bed late, woke up late (after getting my son up at 6:10), slept about nine (interrupted) hours altogether! Felt like I could have stayed in bed all day. No headache, though.

11:30 a.m. Pre-run: hard-boiled egg

1:30 p.m. Meal 1: three eggs, sauteed okra, one-half avocado, handful of grapes.

I'm really unhappy with my sleep-wake cycle and timing of my meals. Have hubby and teenagers at home, and everyone is on a different schedule, and so we are not eating any meals together, even though we are often eating the same things.

Archived