can't believe how quickly dragons come back.

Just got back from a three week stint in italy. I'd say about half of the time I was able to stay paleo, but when with friends and family in their homes, you have to eat what they serve (Italians tend to get slightly offended if you don't eat their food) The last week of the trip most meals were not paleo, and I let sugar sneak back in and I can't believe now 2 days back to Paleo/Whole 30 how strong the cravings are, how hungry I am and how tired I feel. I feel like I'm starting at square one (after a year of being paleo and completing 3 w30s). I'm so bloated (even though astonishingly I didn't gain weight, I definitely gained inches around my waist.) I even put a square of frozen cookie dough in my mouth tonight and then spit it out. (Was examining my conscience while it was in my mouth and searching for a reason I had put it there.) I'll be happy when this detox period is over (and when I'm over jetlag) and I can get back to feeling how great I've been feeling the last year. I'm sure a lot of the hunger is from being tired and my body scrambling for energy. Trying to stay positive and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Need to get these sugar and carb dragons out of me again.

CharDoll.   It sounds like you had a great time in Italy.  They are insulted if you don't eat their food.   

When in Rome.  You've had a great year and it won't take you long to be back in the saddle again.  I mean that in the cowgirl way.   :D 

Do you order tripe?   :P   :P 

So what kinds of things did you try?   I hope you had some some rich coffee for me.  Did you eat their cake pan pizza or eggplant dishes?

Hi meadow lily. Finally getting through the "hangover". Feeling much better. Main indulgences were pasta (never ordered it at a restaurant, only when I was served it at a family meal), bread, ice cream. Most of the ice cream sat fine with me, but one I got caused me to have a big d emergency. Not fun. Don't need any cream or milk for a long while. Haha.

Archived