Target Staples

I live a good 45-60 minutes away from Trader Joe's and Whole Food's and can't always get out there to do my shopping. The closest store other than Food Lion is Target. What are some of your Whole30 Staples that you get at Target? 

This is my first attempt at Whole30 so any advice is appreciated as well! 

Thanks!

I picked up some coconut oil at Target for a good price, I also found omega 3 eggs.  The target where I live does't

really carry a lot of groceries so there isn't much to buy there, but I was excited to find the coconut oil.  Perhaps you

could find olives and olive oil or balsamic vinegar (without sulphites).  I have found since started the whole30 (I am on day 11),

that I rarely shop anywhere but fruit/veggie stands and the butcher.  

• Moderators

The Target near me isn't a true Super Target, but does have a grocery section, with some fresh fruit/veggies (not enough to depend on them for those things, but sometimes if I'm there anyway, and something looks good, I'll get it).  I do find Aidell's chicken & apple sausage there, and Applegate hot dogs. I can usually find compliant coconut milk there, in the ethnic food aisle, and La Croix sparkling waters. Frozen fruit and veggies. I have in the past found compliant almond butter there, but not always -- I almost think it was a fluke that I found it when I did, because usually everything has sugar of some kind in it. 

Also, I don't know if you have such a thing near you, but if you have a health food type store, you may find some things there. I live in a fairly small town, but we have a small, independent health food store that actually has decent food things, in addition to all their supplements and vitamins. I realize that may be the exception, but it might be worth looking into.

They have some raw mixed nuts I get now and then. I actually will buy more produce there in the winter (super target) because the packaged stuff usually tastes better than the stuff at the grocery store ( probably a northern MN winter thing). I get a lot of Frozen veggies there and the big package of Archer Farms Frozen mixed Berries I love the shredded Brussel sprouts. I live 40 minutes away from Target at 4 hours fromTrader Joes and Whole Foods so I actually buy a lot from Amazon. This week I got cases of coconut milk, beef sticks and sardines.

• 2 weeks later...

All of their nuts are super cheap & sometimes even go sale! Last week I got macadamia nuts for $5!!!! Also la croix sparkling water...the coconut is my fav!!! They have good and cheap frozen veggies and they're fresh produce is pretty good too....I just got purple grapes they were delicious. Also they always have the individual wholly guacamole packs which I like to always keep on hand. Hope this helps

Archived