My very first whole30 starts tomorrow 8/4

trimhealthymum

Hey all!

The steps for whole30 told me to join the forum so here I am. I start tomorrow on my journey. I have many reasons for starting.... weight loss, asthma, arthritis at the age of 32, migraines, tummy troubles... and that's just the beginning. I'm a married mommy of 2, working full time. I live in Brooklyn & work in Manhattan. I am originally from England and have lived here since 2006. I have lost 64lbs to date but have got into a place where I keep losing and gaining the same 6lbs. I am currently in the gaining cycle lol.

Anybody else in NY here? Any Brits? Is anyone else starting tomorrow?

Thanks for reading!

Hi Trimhealthymum!

I'm starting today too!

I'm not British nor do I live in NYC, but I'm another expatriate: I'm French living in Chile.

I too have two kids (11 and 8). I'm 36. And I've had my load of health troubles, mainly IBS and depression & anxiety.

I've been eating paleo for almost 2 years and it has been a huge improvement! But I still have some lingering issues so I'd like to really clean up my diet (i.e. no binging on sweets and wine) to see if I can get to another level. I'll be doing the autoimmune protocol this time.

What's your current diet like?

There are a few other people who are starting today, we could all join in one thread. A group is a great support for a successful Whole30!

There are a few other people who are starting today, we could all join in one thread. A group is a great support for a successful Whole30!

Great idea, and there is a thread now called "August 4 start group" for all those on this thread. :-) Yay for 8/4

Wow, i didnt realize i had gotten a response here.

So great to see so many of you starting your Whole30! I will be sure to look for the new thread to see how everyones first day was!

@Beli -  I was doing Paleo-ish for a few months previous, then for some reason, started to eat pasta and bread again, which then turned into cookies and jelly beans and fast food, ugh!! I definitely felt a difference within about 2 weeks and deeply regretted it. It's just not worth it! So, needed a 'reset' to get my paleo ball rolling again.

It's funny, i remember about 12 months ago i came accross the whole 9 site and when i saw that you couldnt eat what i was used to eating i closed the page without reading further into it. Since then, i have abviously educated myself adnd am embracing this program whole heartedly! I shake my head at my former self lol.

@misskrissy27 - thanks! I will probably most likely ask you a few things here and there. It is so encouraging to see people do multiple whole30's - to me it says that it definitely works and it is doable! yay for whole30!!

Good luck to everyone! I look forward to seeing you all around the site!

-Mandy

It's funny, i remember about 12 months ago i came accross the whole 9 site and when i saw that you couldnt eat what i was used to eating i closed the page without reading further into it. Since then, i have abviously educated myself adnd am embracing this program whole heartedly! I shake my head at my former self lol.

Some years ago my cousin told me she was eating a "paleolithic" diet like our cavemen ancestors. I thought that was so silly. Like, doesn't everybody know we lived short, brutish lives then...?  :rolleyes:

Archived